Park Hyatt Sydney

We are arriving into Sydney on Feb 17 and departing for our cruise on the Oceania Regatta on Feb 21 2012.

We are trying to book the Park hyatt Sydney but they are closed for renavation. Can anyone tell me of any up dates? Are they taking reservations before Oct. 2011? Do you think they will be ready by Oct 2011 like they tell meon the phone?

We are arriving into Sydney on Feb 17 and departing for our cruise on the Oceania Regatta on Feb 21 2012.

We are trying to book the Park hyatt Sydney but they are closed for renavation. Can anyone tell me of any up dates? Are they taking reservations before Oct. 2011? Do you think they will be ready by Oct 2011 like they tell meon the phone?

If that's what they told you then I guess it's true?

I'm sure they will be open by February 2012 for your stay. They will be busting a gut to have it open for November onwards to recoup the money they're spending on renovations. As to when you can book you will just have to be diligent and keep checking their website and phoning them :confused:

I agree with Debsta - just keep checking their website.

I drove past the Park Hyatt a couple of weeks ago on the way to Wharf 5 and you can't see the building as it seems to be completely covered by scaffolding and hessian....so quite a big renovation by the looks of it.

There are a lot of other hotels in The Rocks / Circular Quay area that are 5 star such as the Shangri-La and The Quay Grand Suites.

The Shangri-La is in The Rocks area about a 10 min walk from Circular Quay.

The Quay Grand Suites is right at Circular Quay and some rooms would have views of Circular Quay and the Harbour Bridge which would no doubt cost more and would have to be specified at the time you booked.

I stayed at the Hyatt Collins St in Melbourne a couple of years ago.

They had been doing renovations for some time...but no problems they were open for business...after all it was the beginning of the Spring Racing Season !

Open for business however still meant the main restaurant was unavailable as was a number of other facilities. There was still ongoing work happening.. and work began at 7.30 and continued throughout the day for another 12 hours. The noise was horrific:mad:

So beware...even if the Park Hyatt does open its doors in Nov don't expect everything to be completed....even by February

If it was my call I would stay at the Shangri La.. a top notch establishment.

cheers

From the Park Hyatt's website ...

Re-opening End of 2011

The iconic Park Hyatt Sydney is undertaking a dramatic transformation, the largest renovation in its 21 year history.

The renovation programme will take place over a period of seven months, and involves closure of the hotel to allow for the extensive work to be completed. Park Hyatt Sydney is due to re-open its doors at the end of 2011.

The revitalisation of the hotel will include the addition of three luxury rooftop suites and significant changes to all areas of the hotel - setting a new benchmark in contemporary luxury.

The multi-million dollar project will involve a complete redesign of the hotel’s guest rooms, including architectural fixtures and finishes, custom designed contemporary lighting, new furniture and unique artwork by renowned Australian artists. The hotel’s new interiors will offer a natural feel with rich layers of chocolate, cream and beige hues. Designed to celebrate the indoor-outdoor experience, all guest rooms will feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto spacious private balconies that honour Park Hyatt Sydney’s exclusive harbourfront location.

The hotel’s restaurants and bars, private dining rooms, day spa and recreational facilities will also be enhanced to reinforce Park Hyatt Sydney’s position as one of Australia’s premier hotels.

The hotel is due to re-open at the end of 2011, and will be accepting reservations for this period and beyond in the second half of 2011.

Just keep checking the Hyatt reservation site for the opening of bookings ... the wait will be worth it.

Cheers

Bob

Archived