Radiance of the Seas Sydney-Perth Oct 15 2011

Hi all,just thought I'd see who else is going on this cruise I have been on the RCL message boards and it's all a bit clique in there,I don't get many replies to my comments or questions,maybe a few Aussies might communicate with me here.A bit hard to get a word in with that group they all seem to know each other and have been on many, many more cruises than anyone else and know the ship back to front and inside out,I'm a bit concerned about how many will have been on the ship from start to finish for weeks on end from Vancouver,and think it's their ship.It seems many have been on the Radiance over and over again,I am jealous of that and I don't want to sound precious but,I also don't want to feel out of place on such a great holiday.We are from Perth,is there anyone else from Perth going on this cruise and what are everyone elses thoughts,am I being too concerned.

Hi all,just thought I'd see who else is going on this cruise I have been on the RCL message boards and it's all a bit clique in there,I don't get many replies to my comments or questions,maybe a few Aussies might communicate with me here.A bit hard to get a word in with that group they all seem to know each other and have been on many, many more cruises than anyone else and know the ship back to front and inside out,I'm a bit concerned about how many will have been on the ship from start to finish for weeks on end from Vancouver,and think it's their ship.It seems many have been on the Radiance over and over again,I am jealous of that and I don't want to sound precious but,I also don't want to feel out of place on such a great holiday.We are from Perth,is there anyone else from Perth going on this cruise and what are everyone elses thoughts,am I being too concerned.

Hi Sweetred, The Radiance of the Seas is a great class of ship you won't have a problem on that front, I wouldn't worry about them thinking the ship is there own, If they are like that there probably not worth knowing..:)..Relax, enjoy yourself and you will meet some great people, I am sure...as for fellow Perthies on that cruise I am sure if there are any and they are on Cruise Critic they will speak up :D..(we can be a bit rowdy us Sandgropers on here, well I can be :))

Hi Sweetred, The Radiance of the Seas is a great class of ship you won't have a problem on that front, I wouldn't worry about them thinking the ship is there own, If they are like that there probably not worth knowing..:)..Relax, enjoy yourself and you will meet some great people, I am sure...as for fellow Perthies on that cruise I am sure if there are any and they are on Cruise Critic they will speak up :D..(we can be a bit rowdy us Sandgropers on here, well I can be :))

Yay thanks for that,Im sure all will be good,thankyou so much for responding...,we are determined to have a great time and we are very excited to be meeting new people from all over the world....thanks again for such a quick response to a really silly concern Im sure.

Yay thanks for that,Im sure all will be good,thankyou so much for responding...,we are determined to have a great time and we are very excited to be meeting new people from all over the world....thanks again for such a quick response to a really silly concern Im sure.

No probs..there are no silly questions on here lol...as Kiwi said have you tried the roll call?

I wouldn't let that lot annoy you. Once they get to Aus they will be the minority and you will find lots of friendly Aussies and others to mix with.

I must say that what you have encountered is very unusual for a Roll Call and I would have thought that they would have been very happy to chat with you and get some local information. All the Roll calls we have been have been warm and very friendly to just put it down to being unlucky.:D

I wouldn't let that lot annoy you. Once they get to Aus they will be the minority and you will find lots of friendly Aussies and others to mix with.

I must say that what you have encountered is very unusual for a Roll Call and I would have thought that they would have been very happy to chat with you and get some local information. All the Roll calls we have been have been warm and very friendly to just put it down to being unlucky.:D

Thanks Liz,they haven't been awful to me just that not very forthcoming with any responses to me....it just seems they are really only interested in each other and where they are with their points and levels or whatever the heirarchy is on cruises.Anyway we will have a great time regardless and Im sure they are all very lovely and just passionate about cruising.

Thanks Liz,they haven't been awful to me just that not very forthcoming with any responses to me....it just seems they are really only interested in each other and where they are with their points and levels or whatever the heirarchy is on cruises.Anyway we will have a great time regardless and Im sure they are all very lovely and just passionate about cruising.

Well you have the right attitude and they do sound like they don't want to mix with any others. I am sure that they don't even realize that they have left you out of their chats.

Don't worry Sweetred61 people are usually much nicer in the flesh than they are hanging out on the boards! Present company excluded.

Besides that you know everybody is a bit crazy until they have another cruise fix. Now how do I convince DH to let me cruise over to Perth to see middle son Navy Boy?

Don't worry Sweetred61 people are usually much nicer in the flesh than they are hanging out on the boards! Present company excluded.

Besides that you know everybody is a bit crazy until they have another cruise fix. Now how do I convince DH to let me cruise over to Perth to see middle son Navy Boy?

Yes you are right,and I agree with being a bit crazy without a cruise...lol maybe thats why I'm a bit nuts about it all.It will be fun to meet them and match up the names I have seen on here.As to convincing DH to let you cruise over here to Perth thats a bit harder I think.Anyway thanks for all the responses,very refreshing.

quote=sweetred61;29757144]Hi all,just thought I'd see who else is going on this cruise I have been on the RCL message boards and it's all a bit clique in there,I don't get many replies to my comments or questions,maybe a few Aussies might communicate with me here.A bit hard to get a word in with that group they all seem to know each other and have been on many, many more cruises than anyone else and know the ship back to front and inside out,I'm a bit concerned about how many will have been on the ship from start to finish for weeks on end from Vancouver,and think it's their ship.It seems many have been on the Radiance over and over again,I am jealous of that and I don't want to sound precious but,I also don't want to feel out of place on such a great holiday.We are from Perth,is there anyone else from Perth going on this cruise and what are everyone elses thoughts,am I being too concerned.

Like you I am sick of reading a lot of the rubbish written about "Radiance " from passed cruisers.They do sound a "clcky " lot. My wife and I have booked a 14 day cruise to New Zealand in Dec 2011. Like you we are also from Perth. We have sailed on Rhapsody 18 months ago, and it was great. I think you should remember it is your holiday , so make the most of it. Once on board I am sure your concerns will fade away. We found the crew on the Rhapsody to be friendly and very accommodating, you will have nothing to worry about. ENJOY!!!!

Hi Sharon, and I hope you will come back and chat with us on the ***October 15, 2011-Radiance-Sydney to Perth*** roll call since your last visit was November 3, 2010.:eek:

Yes, there are some of us starting out in Vancouver and then there are some that are starting out in Honolulu. For us the reason is that it is quite a long flight to do just one cruise. Did it in 2001 and 2002 when Legend was berthed in Sydney and said never again.:D Our total travel time from Ohio was 26-28 hours, so this time we are cruising in.:)

Radiance is our favorite ship and we are so very excited that the folks in Australia will get to see her and hopefully enjoy her as much as we have. Believe me when I say that you will not feel out of place.........you will be welcomed and become an instant member of the Radiance family.

Unfortunately with the time difference, when we Yanks are asleep, you Aussies are up and about, so that makes it difficult to chat.:p I hope that you will return to the roll call.

Hi Sharon, and I hope you will come back and chat with us on the ***October 15, 2011-Radiance-Sydney to Perth*** roll call since your last visit was November 3, 2010.:eek:

Yes, there are some of us starting out in Vancouver and then there are some that are starting out in Honolulu. For us the reason is that it is quite a long flight to do just one cruise. Did it in 2001 and 2002 when Legend was berthed in Sydney and said never again.:D Our total travel time from Ohio was 26-28 hours, so this time we are cruising in.:)

Radiance is our favorite ship and we are so very excited that the folks in Australia will get to see her and hopefully enjoy her as much as we have. Believe me when I say that you will not feel out of place.........you will be welcomed and become an instant member of the Radiance family.

Unfortunately with the time difference, when we Yanks are asleep, you Aussies are up and about, so that makes it difficult to chat.:p I hope that you will return to the roll call.

Hey there Patti,Im so pleased you have come in on this conversation and I am very happy that everyone who has been on the Radiance for so long won't be territorial.I do hope you haven't been offended,and understand where I was coming from.Clearly my computer skills aren't great as I am probably asking questions in all the wrong places to get very few answers,does that make sense.Maybe I am just jealous that you guys have been on so many cruises to get to all the levels we can only dream about.Oh and by the way I have no clue what you all mean when you talk about guarantees,diamond,pinnacle,price drops,upgrades and the various lounges etc,that only certain people can go to,it's all a bit confusing.Thats not your fault of course,I can be a bit slow on the uptake,anyway maybe I between now and then I will be able to learn a bit more about how it works.Thanks for taking the time to respond,and I do agree that it would be a very long flight for you,I hope you have a great cruise over to us and maybe we will say hi between Sydney and Perth.

quote=sweetred61;29757144]Hi all,just thought I'd see who else is going on this cruise I have been on the RCL message boards and it's all a bit clique in there,I don't get many replies to my comments or questions,maybe a few Aussies might communicate with me here.A bit hard to get a word in with that group they all seem to know each other and have been on many, many more cruises than anyone else and know the ship back to front and inside out,I'm a bit concerned about how many will have been on the ship from start to finish for weeks on end from Vancouver,and think it's their ship.It seems many have been on the Radiance over and over again,I am jealous of that and I don't want to sound precious but,I also don't want to feel out of place on such a great holiday.We are from Perth,is there anyone else from Perth going on this cruise and what are everyone elses thoughts,am I being too concerned.

Like you I am sick of reading a lot of the rubbish written about "Radiance " from passed cruisers.They do sound a "clcky " lot. My wife and I have booked a 14 day cruise to New Zealand in Dec 2011. Like you we are also from Perth. We have sailed on Rhapsody 18 months ago, and it was great. I think you should remember it is your holiday , so make the most of it. Once on board I am sure your concerns will fade away. We found the crew on the Rhapsody to be friendly and very accommodating, you will have nothing to worry about. ENJOY!!!!

Thanks for that.you are right it is our holiday and Im sure I'm just being too sensitive,it's easy to feel left out when others seem to know so much more than we do about the ins and outs of cruising,it can feel a bit intimidating knowing that they all know what they do and we might be invading their space.We know we will have a fantastic time and are very excited to meet new people.

Hey there Patti,Im so pleased you have come in on this conversation and I am very happy that everyone who has been on the Radiance for so long won't be territorial.I do hope you haven't been offended,and understand where I was coming from.Clearly my computer skills aren't great as I am probably asking questions in all the wrong places to get very few answers,does that make sense.Maybe I am just jealous that you guys have been on so many cruises to get to all the levels we can only dream about.Oh and by the way I have no clue what you all mean when you talk about guarantees,diamond,pinnacle,price drops,upgrades and the various lounges etc,that only certain people can go to,it's all a bit confusing.Thats not your fault of course,I can be a bit slow on the uptake,anyway maybe I between now and then I will be able to learn a bit more about how it works.Thanks for taking the time to respond,and I do agree that it would be a very long flight for you,I hope you have a great cruise over to us and maybe we will say hi between Sydney and Perth.

No offense at all.;) The yanks on this cruise are a nice lot of folks and are so excited about being able to come and visit your beautiful country.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to meeting you and saying more than just "hi" on the cruise.:)

Gday sweetred61

Saw your posting and though Id just reply to you. Im saling on th 4th Dec. to NZ on the Radiance of the Seas. I read a lot of the boards including the Radiance one you mentioned. Cruise critic as so much information for people cruising, dont you think some of the of the comments are weird though, a bit too intense for me. Must be our relaxed Australian attitude. She'll be right mate! Just wish some ppl would "get over it" have a holiday and relax. I would like to post messages here as these boards seem more friendly than others. This will be my second cruise the last one was in 1977. Ouch!

Bye for now

aussiecruiser1 ......Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi Oi Oi

Gday sweetred61

Saw your posting and though Id just reply to you. Im saling on th 4th Dec. to NZ on the Radiance of the Seas. I read a lot of the boards including the Radiance one you mentioned. Cruise critic as so much information for people cruising, dont you think some of the of the comments are weird though, a bit too intense for me. Must be our relaxed Australian attitude. She'll be right mate! Just wish some ppl would "get over it" have a holiday and relax. I would like to post messages here as these boards seem more friendly than others. This will be my second cruise the last one was in 1977. Ouch!

Bye for now

aussiecruiser1 ......Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi Oi Oi

Hi there,for a start I can't work out how to use this posting/board thing properly and put things in the right place anyway that's why I'm staying on here...lol.So that probably doesn't help my cause much.Anyway, yeah I think we are a bit relaxed about things,although when I first started to read some of theses boards I become quite unrelaxed(is that a word) because it was like I didn't know enough and when you read everything from past passengers who have been on the ship for many many cruises you start to feel like you might be invading their space,and they all seem to know each other personally so it's easy to feel like you shouldn't be a part of it all.Having said that I think maybe they just love to cruise and love the Radiance,they must do to know so much about her,I have been reassured by one lady (Patti) who seems very lovely, that all will be ok I think maybe I am just a bit jealous and wish I had been on as many cruises as they have,who knows after we have been on her we will be as passionate as the rest of them.I hope you have a great cruise I know we will have a fantastic time.

Hi there,for a start I can't work out how to use this posting/board thing properly and put things in the right place anyway that's why I'm staying on here...lol.So that probably doesn't help my cause much.Anyway, yeah I think we are a bit relaxed about things,although when I first started to read some of theses boards I become quite unrelaxed(is that a word) because it was like I didn't know enough and when you read everything from past passengers who have been on the ship for many many cruises you start to feel like you might be invading their space,and they all seem to know each other personally so it's easy to feel like you shouldn't be a part of it all.Having said that I think maybe they just love to cruise and love the Radiance,they must do to know so much about her,I have been reassured by one lady (Patti) who seems very lovely, that all will be ok I think maybe I am just a bit jealous and wish I had been on as many cruises as they have,who knows after we have been on her we will be as passionate as the rest of them.I hope you have a great cruise I know we will have a fantastic time.

Hi Again,

Relax we are all looking forward to you writing your first review on your cruise..everything will be fine. Join in your roll call and be prepared to become as addicted to cruising as the rest of us...soon as one ends all we can think about is the next one!:D

Hi Again,

Relax we are all looking forward to you writing your first review on your cruise..everything will be fine. Join in your roll call and be prepared to become as addicted to cruising as the rest of us...soon as one ends all we can think about is the next one!:D

Hey there thanks for that,all is good and I do think I feel an addiction coming on.I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of this board and post thing lol...so if I can figure out how to I will write a review of the cruise.All I know is we are going to have the best time.Thanks for saying hi.

Sharon

My wife and i are cruising Radiance Honolulul to Perth i agree a lot of silly chat on that roll call board I have cruised with the tin tanks before and they are good companions looking forward to meeting up with you Aussie

Archived