As you can tell this is my first post. Hello everyone!
I am in desparate need of help. I am due to sail out ths Friday 22nd July on Azura cruise number A117. I am wondering if anybody has previously contacted or indeed if you can can contact P & O for a weather forecast and sailing conditions for the first 3 days of the cruise?
Now for the reason!
Both myself and my wife are not new to cruising, quite the opposite. We have been on around about 10/12 cruises with P & O since about 2004 all in the Med. This is due to the fact my wife is terrified of flying even though she has done it in the past. We got into cruising as she worked for a very successful local cruise company (which was taken over by a well known brand) and got a free cruise in 2003. I thought this was the answer to our prayers to find the perfect holiday, how wrong could I be! She had a panic attack and we 'missed the boat'. She somehow managed to get a free cruise the year after and despite weeks of panic attacks and threatening not to get on the ship she finally did (Oceana for those that are still reading!).
Anyway since then we have been on many cruises relatively trouble free although one year she had a panic attack, we missed the ship and flew out to Barcelona to catch it!
She has always been nervous about sailing but eventually gets on and generally enjoys it. We have a 3 year old daughter now and we went on Ventura last year round about 3rd July I think, however coming home we had 2 rough days at sea which made her feel unsafe and very ill. I have to admit at least 1 day was quite rough and generally I don't suffer but I did. This was apparently due to the bad weather we had last year that forced the weather front down to the Med causing a bad swell.
This now sticks in her mind and she is adamant she is not going as she feels she isn't safe and with having a 3 year old she feels she can't protect her. I have tried all the reassuring tactics known to man but to no avail.
The only chance I have now is trying to find out the weather forecast for the first 3 days sailing out and potentially asking P & O if she can speak to a senior officer or Captain when we get on the ship to reassure her.
Silly I know considering the cruises we have been on but believe me having seen the state she gets herself into and the fact the weather is currently shocking at home, up to now she has no intention of going.
I would be grateful for any thoughts.