Vancouver Transportation to Hyatt

SEPyle

We will be a party of 4 and need good options from YVR to downtown Vancouver. We'll be arriving on 5/19 before our Alaska cruise on the Summit. I've checked out a shuttle which is $12 per person I have a feeling there's a better option than $48 one way.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Sharon

Have a look at www.yvr.ca On the left, click on Transportation. Taxi says about $23,

limosine just over $40 to downtown. Remember theses are Canadian dollars so about

$18/$35 US. That taxi fare might be a bit low, especially if traffic is heavy. The limos

are usually available curbside but you could e-mail tem in advance to see if they will

reserve.

Have a great cruise.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff! Is it safe to say a limo would have more luggage room? We have 4 in our party w/ the normal 2 large luggage per person and we'll have our carry-on's as well. Thanks!

Sharon

I would think that would be a safe assumption. The ones I recall seeing at the

airport were at least full-size sedans - Lincoln Town car,etc.. However, might still

be a good idea to e-mail them for word from the horse's mouth. One thing to think

about is getting from the Hyatt to the Cruise Ship Terminal. It isn't very far but with

your luggage it is not really walkable and the taxis are often reluctant to take short

trips like this. Make sure you arrange something with the doorman at the hotel as they

do have some influence and they deal with cruise ship guests all summer.

Cliff

Limo will be able to hold all of your luggage from the airport to downtown and will actually cost you less than the shuttle bus. You shouldn't have any problem getting a taxi from the Hyatt. This hotel is used by many cruise sip passengers and there are always several taxis waiting out front. We often use taxis in Vancouver for short trips - even a few blocks, and have never encountered any problems. Have a good cruise.

Archived