Hooks on back of bathroom door?

Helles

Haven't cruised on HAL for awhile and can't remember, are there hooks on the back of the bathroom doors.

I like to take a shoe holder to hang on the door so that I can store toiletries, hair dryer, flat iron etc. in it. That way all that stuff is neat and tidy and easy to access.

Got this idea years ago on CC and it works well.

3M makes some removable adhesive hooks that really do work and leave no mark so you can put extra hooks up where they work best for you and then take them off when you leave. Some put them on the room mirror to make sure they don't leave any marks, but any of the smooth wall or door surfaces are fine too. http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U523080QE0IIHEICN90GC1_nid=FF583CRKW8gsC4Z924C3ZHglLRFC43RW1Gbl

Yes, there are hooks on the back of the bathroom doors on most ships. But not on the Prinsendam.

Because the Prinsendam has sliding doors, it can't have hooks protruding from them. There are hooks next to the tub, but you need to be a little careful if you run the shower, as they could get some spray.

So, if there are hooks on the bath door, how do you hang your shoe bag ? It would have to go below the hooks, and then the hangers that go over the door, would not reach :confused: gg

The shoe bag/whatever would hang from the hooks !

The shoe bags I have seen have hangers that fit over a door top, and are spaced about 1 foot apart.........so how could they hand from a single or even a double clothes hook ??? gg

In addition to the small hooks already there, suction cup hooks also work very well on the back of the door and on some of the walls (not all of them).

I'm not sure if it's true on all HAL ships, but on some I have been able to put an overdoor hook thingie on the bathroom door and you can hang stuff from there. Works on some of the closets too. They vary.

We have had two different kinds of hooks on the back of the doors, so I take a heavy weight string with me. I tie it in a circle that allows the shoe hanger hooks to attach, then the string goes over the door pegs. Works very well, and adjusts to whatever the door hook configuration is.

So, if there are hooks on the bath door, how do you hang your shoe bag ? It would have to go below the hooks, and then the hangers that go over the door, would not reach :confused: gg

On the Amsterdam last year there were four knobs on the back of the door. We cut little slits in the shoe bag plastic so it would fit behind the knobs. We also took some painters tape (blue, leaves no residue) and taped the bag down at the bottom. It worked fine for 2 weeks.

I have a precut piece of coathanger that I use to hang my shoebag for toiletries on the inside of the bathroom door. Recently we have had Suites so it was not necessary due to the double vanities inside the bathroom as well as the shelf below the sinks.

It has come in handy many times

Thanks for your help. I have a very cheap dollar store shoe caddie I guess is a better word. It has string on the top and lots of holders.

As I said I want it to hold all our toiletries, hair dryer etc. Found it very useful on our last cruise to have everything in one place.

This one might even have space left over for some shoes!!

OK, y'all.........I found the perfect hanging bag for the cabin bathroom door. Went to $ General Store (everything is a dollar) and found a 5 pocket 12X17 plastic holder for items. It comes in bright blue and other colors, with clear pockets. The pockets are wider than shoe bag pockets, and will be perfect to hold all the extras that you want to see and grab. It hangs from a thick cord that goes thru to grommets (?) on the bag. Perfect to hang over the door hooks. gg

Haven't cruised on HAL for awhile and can't remember, are there hooks on the back of the bathroom doors.

I like to take a shoe holder to hang on the door so that I can store toiletries, hair dryer, flat iron etc. in it. That way all that stuff is neat and tidy and easy to access.

I am glad you got the answer to your question but I did notice that you were going to bring a Flat Iron with you and I thought I would let you know that they are not permitted to be used on the ship as they are considered a safety hazard.

I am glad you got the answer to your question but I did notice that you were going to bring a Flat Iron with you and I thought I would let you know that they are not permitted to be used on the ship as they are considered a safety hazard.

I know you can't take an iron - that you would use on clothing - but you're not allowed a flat iron for your hair?

First I have heard of that! :confused:

A flat iron for hair is fine. I think someone just misunderstood.

Apparently!

Although I never claim to know all the rules, inside and out. I thought maybe somewhere along the line I missed the matter of flat irons.

My younger daughter would not be happy if she couldn't take hers! :(

I was on the Amsmterdam in June. I had a shoe bag from dollar store I also had those extra large clothes pin things also from dollar store. (left all behind) I really did not need it as they had more than enought counter space. @ shelfs and large cabinet

Mary

There are two on each ship that we have been on.

Archived