Celebrity Solstice Repo 2012

My wife and I are booked on the Solstice from Barcelona to Sydney on a B2B2B cruise, October to December 2012.

One of the places the ship was to stop was Semarang ( for Borobudor). This stop has been replaced with an extra day in Singapore.

Is Borobudor closed or could there be another reason why the ship canceled this stop?

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of why this has happened

BUT - if it is any consolation - we recently did a cruise to Tahiti, which originally was supposed to stop in Samoa. That stop was cancelled and we had an additional day in Papeete. It is the first time that we have had a two day stop anywhere on a cruise (except for once when Arcadia stopped for 2 days in Sydney - but unfortunately for us , Sydney was once our home town! :( ) . Anyway , back to my point -- this 2 day stop in Papeete proved to be one of the highlights of the cruise for us. I just wish we could find some cruises that did this as part of the cruiseline policy - and cruised less distance!!

Singapore is certainly suitable for a 2 day stop.

Barry

That is ineteresting. You must have booked very early. We booked around April (I think) and only saw the route with 2 days in Singapore. Are you on our roll call? Apologies if you are. I am on a few and have trouble keeping up with them all.

Jen

Hello

Yes we booked realy early and one of the reasons was to go to Borobodur. Have tried to contact Celebrity to find out why but no answer so far. Yes we are on the roll call for this cruise.

Are you doing all 3 parts? we are

That is ineteresting. You must have booked very early. We booked around April (I think) and only saw the route with 2 days in Singapore. Are you on our roll call? Apologies if you are. I am on a few and have trouble keeping up with them all.

Jen

Good idea Debsta

That could be the reason,but you would have thought that when they planned this cruise 2 years ago, that would have come up in the discussion. What is puzzling is that there are many cruiseships(Princess, HAL,etc) who go into that port? Have asked for an explanation,so will be interesting to see what their response is.

I thought it was because of the volcano damage to Borobodur but the good people on CC have said that everything is OK there.

That's a shame :( Maybe she's just too big to dock at Semarang and this port is not suitable to tender from? :confused:

Hello

Yes we booked realy early and one of the reasons was to go to Borobodur. Have tried to contact Celebrity to find out why but no answer so far. Yes we are on the roll call for this cruise.

Are you doing all 3 parts? we are

Yes we are on for the long haul. In fact, we board on 14th October for a 12 night med cruise before she heads off to Sydney. We have also just found a 7 night MSC Splendida cruise that links up beforehand perfectly and visits many of the ports DH was disappointed at missing.

It is all hinging on my health and trying to find travel insurance at the moment.

Jen

Wow, you folks do like to travel!

We booked this cruise the minute it came out and got the same hump cabin for all 3 segments.

Good luck on the health front.

Yes we are on for the long haul. In fact, we board on 14th October for a 12 night med cruise before she heads off to Sydney. We have also just found a 7 night MSC Splendida cruise that links up beforehand perfectly and visits many of the ports DH was disappointed at missing.

It is all hinging on my health and trying to find travel insurance at the moment.

Jen

Archived