Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:59 AM.
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I'm going to start by saying my reviews are probably as detailed as they get. (hehe) and I try to be thorough as possible.

I'm going to break my reviews into sections and post accordingly so that if others ever have questions in another thread that I might have the answer in my review, I will be able to direct them to that section of the review.

We just returned Sunday from our 9/11 Spirit cruise, so I'm still downloading pictures, putting them in files according to where they were taking and trying to get my thoughts together.

I will start by saying I love NCL, but I'm not a cheerleader for them, I only post MY experience each time I've cruised with them (my first was back in the 80's). I have only cruised with NCL and Royal Caribbean before. Each time the staff on NCL has gone above and beyond what I could ever imagine. Therefore, I will continue to praise them for our experiences with them, but will call it like I see it on every cruise, good or bad.

With this being said...I'm starting my first review with our pre-cruise stay at the Drury Inn in New Orleans.

(Please allow me time over the next week to try to get my full review completed. It's a lot of work. )
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
EPIC SPIRIT PEARL STAR JEWEL GETAWAY SUN SKY DAWN BREAKAWAY JADE EPIC
CARNIVAL:
Dream Pride Breeze Fascination Conquest Magic
ARUBA: Arashi Beaches Animals Sites
BAHAMAS:Great Stirrup Cay Half Moon Cay Blue Lagoon Melia Junkanoo Paradise
BARBADOS:Boatyard
BELIZE:Cavetubing Cavetubing Bannister Shark Ray Alley Goffs Rendezvous
BERMUDA: Horseshoe Snorkel Park Tobacco St Catherines Achilles Jet Ski/boat rental Warwick-Horseshoe Long Bay-Clearwater Tobacco Snorkel Park
COSTA MAYA:Almaplena Maya Chan Nohoch Blue KayBlueKay
COZUMEL:Chankanaab Dolphin Swim Chankanaab Nachi Playa Mia Sanchos Passion Island Palancar Money Bar Paradise
CURACAO Diving
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC:Saona
GRAND CAYMAN:Stingray Sandbar Stingrays, Rum Point
GRAND TURK:BohioGovernorsGibbs
ROATAN: LFKey LFK Maya Key West Bay ZiplineLFK scuba
SAN JUAN:Pamelas
ST KITTS:Reggae Carambola
ST LUCIA: Jalousie
ST MAARTEN:Orient & Maho Mullet Maho Divi Pinel
ST THOMAS:Saphhire Coki Linquist Coki
TORTOLA: Baths
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Our stay prior to our cruise started by flying down to NOLA and arriving around noon. We had picked the Drury Inn due to other cc members recommending the place, plus they offered free hot food, drinks, soda, popcorn and hot breakfast. We figured you couldn’t beat that deal! We managed to get the “cruise” deal they offered and the room was only $93.49 plus tax.

https://druryhotels.com/PropertyMaps...?Property=0004

Upon arriving at this place, I thought wow, this is really nice. Everything is done up in marble and chandeliers everywhere. Very nice! We made it to our room, wow again. Very nice. Once again, marble bathroom from floor to ceiling, elegantly decorated in the room (I thought at least for the price) and a really nice high dresser that had doors that opened up with drawers behind them, a microwave and a small refrigerator. The night stands were nice wood and also the tops were marble. Great place for the price.

We went up to the roof to see the swimming pool and hot tub on the roof…um, not so great that day. Although the water was clear, the bottom was dirty (and not dirty like stuff in it, more like green film dirty and needed vacuumed). Needless to say, we did not swim or get in the hot tub after seeing this. Prior to checking out, I went up there to take some pictures and there were several people up there sun bathing, but I don’t know if they actually got into the water. (We also managed to catch the whale tail of a Carnival ship in port from up there as well).

After checking in and getting situated in our room, we took off on foot to explore the city. Beautiful place with a lot going on. I guess they were having a sea food fest while we were there. There was a lot of live entertainment going on. We walked down to the Riverfront, encountered a real train (which scared the heebie jeebies outta my 3 year old) and multiple trolleys. We stopped to take pictures at Jackson Square (the castle, horse carriage rides, fountains) and strolled along the streets looking at all of the arts being sold by the vendors. There were tons of people posing (really still) for long periods of time, dressed up weird ways, and looking like a statue. Every once in a while one would move and scare someone passing by. Hilarious! Of course, they wanted tips.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
BERMUDA: Horseshoe Snorkel Park Tobacco St Catherines Achilles Jet Ski/boat rental Warwick-Horseshoe Long Bay-Clearwater Tobacco Snorkel Park
COZUMEL:Chankanaab Dolphin Swim Chankanaab Nachi Playa Mia Sanchos Passion Island Palancar Money Bar Paradise
CURACAO Diving
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
We made it to Café Du Monde and had their beignets. I was having trouble understanding our waitress (and obviously she didn’t understand me either because she didn’t bring us the right order). For $2.49 (I think it was) you get 3 small beignets LOADED with powdered sugar. Everyone raved how great these were, but to me, they are the same thing as what you get at any fair from the vendors (funnel cakes), however, I found the beignets to not be as good as a funnel cake. Ours were a little harder than what I’m use to and the amount of powdered sugar they loaded on it made you a white sticky mess. The people there didn’t seem too friendly, but the place was so busy it was VERY hard to even find a seat. When going inside to use the restroom, it was in this small cubby hole in the back in the SMALL kitchen area and there was a line. The workers were rude and kept telling people to move, bumping into everyone and didn’t bother to say excuse me or anything. At one point they took the door and slammed it shut leaving some inside waiting on the restroom and others standing along a wall waiting. If they thought this made more room, they completely misjudged that because now there were more people moving around due to having to move out of the way for the door to open every time.

http://www.cafedumonde.com/locations.html

We caught the street car

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...tcar-BR-1.html

back to our street that the hotel was on and decided to catch the free hot food (Kickers Meal) the hotel was offering. We did not think it was bad at all, not gourmet food, but definitely something you can make a meal out of and be satisfied. If it was bad food, you sure wouldn’t be able to tell by how many people were there eating that night. It was crazy. They offered you 3 free alcoholic drinks, per person…and they WERE STRONG! Whew! They had hot dogs, mac and cheese, nacho bar, baked potato (with fixings), veggies and dip, salads, snacks, popcorn, and a soda fountain for drinks.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...19/trolley.jpg

We went back up to the room, visited with our 9/11 roll call online for a while chatting, then went to bed. We didn’t sleep too well though. I thought it was the excitement of the cruise the next day, but felt like I was scratching all night. Well, when we woke in the morning, we found out why. Our room was infested with red biting ants!! There were hundreds of them forming a line across the threshold from the bathroom to the sink area. Upon a little more inspection, we found lines of them going up the night stands and onto the bed. WOW! I immediately went down to let the front desk know about the room. These people were more than kind about it and very apologetic as well. They offered let me do all of my laundry there (which we did not have time for that prior to leaving, so I just made sure I shook everything out hoping we would not take any hitch hikers with us), they offered to get us a cab to the airport and pay (which we met a very nice guy on our roll call the night before and he stopped and gave us a ride) and THEY FULLY REFUNDED MY ENTIRE AMOUNT OF THE ROOM! Wow, now that was service! They told us to stay as long as we would like, however, we wanted out of that room because we were being bitten and ended up just coming down to the lobby to wait for our ride. I was not at all expecting any of this and just wanted to inform them of the situation, but they went above and beyond and we would definitely stay with them again.

I forgot to mention the free hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy etc.). It was pretty good as well. Definitely editable and filled us up prior to getting on the ship. They also had the regular cold food too (bagels, toast, muffins, cereal and so on).

We sat in the lobby, said our last goodbyes to our friends on facebook, cc, our roll call and texting while watching our girl (The Spirit) at the port until it was time to leave for our week long adventure.

http://www.nola.com/bridgecam/

http://www.nola.com/rivercam/

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/crui...ing_webcam.htm

A few pictures around NOLA are located here: (some already included in this thread)
http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug....675873_wwHtmfH

Link to Drury Inn pictures:
http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug....675873_wwHtmfH
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
ma
1,986 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Looking forward to reading your review -- I love how you're adding pictures! We also stayed at the Drury Inn and were very pleased with our two room suite. The front desk staff were the best!

When we arrived back in NOLA after our cruise we went to St. Louis Cathedral (the "castle" in your photo) and attended Mass -- mostly because it was HOT and the church was air conditioned LOL! It is a beautiful church and the Mass was very nice.

Surprised about the pool and hot tub -- it was spotless when we were there, and I enjoyed both!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up: NCL Dawn 7/17
MSC Seaside 4/18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'll take the deck of a ship any time..." Jimmy Buffett

NCL Majesty 10/00, 10/01, 7/03, 7/04, 5/05, 6/06, 9/06, 7/07
NCL Dawn 11/04, 10/05, 3/07, 9/11, 11/13, 9/15
NCL Spirit 11/06, 7/09, 7/10, 7/11
HAL Noordam 10/07, 3/08
NCL Dream 7/08, 10/08
NCL Gem 1/09, 3/09, 1/10, 1/11
NCL Jewel 10/10, 3/12
NCL Pearl 9/12, 3/13
NCL Breakaway 3/14 Haven Heaven!! and again 9/14
NCL Breakaway 1/15, 6/16
NCL Breakaway Haven again 1/16
MSC Divina 10/16, 3/17
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by welove2cruise232
Looking forward to reading your review -- I love how you're adding pictures! We also stayed at the Drury Inn and were very pleased with our two room suite. The front desk staff were the best!

When we arrived back in NOLA after our cruise we went to St. Louis Cathedral (the "castle" in your photo) and attended Mass -- mostly because it was HOT and the church was air conditioned LOL! It is a beautiful church and the Mass was very nice.

Surprised about the pool and hot tub -- it was spotless when we were there, and I enjoyed both!
I am just speculating at this point, but prior to our arrival there was this big storm (I'm forgetting the name at the moment...was it Lee or Nate?) that hit NOLA. Maybe all the rain they received turned it dirty (which I'm sure, I use to be a pool owner and know the rain can bring havoc to pools) and they might have not had enough chemicals in it or it didn't have enough time to clear up all the way yet. I'm not sure. But will give them the benefit of doubt.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
516 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Mitsugirl,

Loving your review so far. I love reading people's reviews of New Orleans. Since I've lived here all my life, I like hearing people's reactions of the city and their thoughts. I have to agree with you whole-heartedly about the rudeness of the workers at Cafe du Monde. Yes, they are some McCrabs over there! Always have been!

As far as the pool and the ants, I'm afraid you encountered some good old fashioned Louisiana goodness...LOL!!! I'm sure both the ants and the yucky pool were the result of Tropical Storm Lee. We had rain here for days and like you said that rain did wreak havoc on the pools. And don't even get me started on the ants...my poor feet have encountered more of those little stinging suckers than I care to admit! It's going to take time for my yard to recover from all the ant mounds that popped up after that storm.

I look forward to reading the rest of your review....GREAT JOB so far!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alaska - Golden Princess - July 2010
Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess - March 2011
Western Caribbean - Norwegian Spirit - March 2012
Western Caribbean - Norwegian Jewel - November 2013
Hawaii - Pride of America - May 2014
Western Caribbean - Norwegian Dawn - January 2015
Eastern Caribbean - Norwegian Getaway - April 2015
Eastern Caribbean - Caribbean Princess - March 2016
Canada/New England - Norwegian Gem - September 2017
Western Caribbean - Carnival Dream - May 2018
Michigan
526 Posts
Joined May 2011
Looking forward to the rest of your review. Love New Orleans!! I was down there the year after Katrina. Almost to the day. I didnt go to CD just because of that reason. Rude people. But every where else I went I couldnt get over how friendly everybody was. Thanking me for being there. It really took me by surprise. However I will never ever ever go back in Aug again!!!! Hot hot hot!!!! To hot!!!!
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by BayouGirlUSA
Mitsugirl,

Loving your review so far. I love reading people's reviews of New Orleans. Since I've lived here all my life, I like hearing people's reactions of the city and their thoughts. I have to agree with you whole-heartedly about the rudeness of the workers at Cafe du Monde. Yes, they are some McCrabs over there! Always have been!

As far as the pool and the ants, I'm afraid you encountered some good old fashioned Louisiana goodness...LOL!!! I'm sure both the ants and the yucky pool were the result of Tropical Storm Lee. We had rain here for days and like you said that rain did wreak havoc on the pools. And don't even get me started on the ants...my poor feet have encountered more of those little stinging suckers than I care to admit! It's going to take time for my yard to recover from all the ant mounds that popped up after that storm.

I look forward to reading the rest of your review....GREAT JOB so far!
I can tell you this much about the ants, it was only in our room. No one else had this problem, including our neighbors in the room next to us, who was backed up against our room. We were on a high floor and I did see them going in a hole in the corner off the wall (VERY TINY), which means they have to be traveling somewhere else as well. Maybe they are just not discovered yet. I'm not sure. All is well though and we are recovered from the bites.

Originally posted by LadyShiva
I warned you to go to the Metairie Cafe du Monde! *laughing*

Loving your review!
haha, I know, I know.

Working on my Maya Chan, Costa Maya report now with pictures.

Thanks for all the comments.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
Connecticut
2,648 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Can't wait to read the rest!
Sounds like you enjoyed your trip as much as we did!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 1995 Crystal Harmony-Alaska * March 1997 Celebrity Century-W.Caribbean * September 2000 Crystal Symphony- Mediterranean * January 2005 Golden Princess-S. Caribbean * September 2007 Cruise West Yorktown- Napa Valley * March 2010 NCL Jewel- W.Caribbean * August 2010 NCL Dawn-Bermuda * February 2011 NCL Spirit- W.Caribbean * August 2011 Carnival Triumph W. Caribbean * April 2012 NCL Jewel-Bahamas * May 2013 NCL- Gem Bahamas * February 2014 NCL Jewel- W. Caribbean * September 2014 NCL Breakaway- Bermuda * February 2015 NCL Sun W. Caribbean * September 2015 NCL Breakaway-Bermuda * April 2016 NCL Epic W. Mediterranean * March 2017 Carnival Fascination- S. Caribbean

OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
MAYA CHAN, COSTA MAYA

What a day. It was a little cloudy here and there and it didn’t start to sprinkle until we were on our way back to the ship and then stopped before we arrived at the port (typical Caribbean weather). I’m sorry to say that we missed Mark, because he had to fly home due to family illness (which we were aware of prior to the cruise), but still missed meeting him. Not to worry though, Zak and David was an EXCELLENT host.

We had a wonderful day. Our palapa was HUGE and situated back in a little secluded area equipped with 4 chairs, a hammock, and a bed. WOW. It was wonderful! The food was beyond excellent…couldn’t get enough even after getting full I wanted to keep going. The appetizers were served shortly after arrival with chips and salsa and guacamole salsa. It was so yummy!!! Chicken, fish and steak tacos were so good.

Zak took us out snorkeling shortly after finishing our appetizers. If you are an avid snorkeler, this is not going to impress you. I heard that they had rain prior to us being there, so the water was a little stirred up and they wouldn’t be taking us out to the reef in the canoes. But that was ok, we were prepared to have a great day no matter what. So Zak gathered everyone to do a tour out from the beach area and in a U shape. Even though there really wasn’t any coral and very few fish, we did come across a star fish (which was my goal to find on this cruise since I haven’t had any luck on any previous cruises-but thought I would find one at West Bay-which I didn’t due to visibility) and we all got to hold it while he gave us the description of the starfish (it’s eyes, mouth and so on). Then on the way back in we ran across a cute little sting ray, which we got to hold as well. It looked like some leopard type of sting ray. They did provide all the snorkeling equipment that you need and the snorkel tubes are brand new in the bag and yours to keep when you are done snorkeling.

Is that a fish I spotted??

Others went canoeing right after returning from the snorkeling, but I smelled food and that was our priority at the moment LOL. We decided to forego the canoe trip, but later we took a “short” trip out and back, just to say we did it.

Others played sand golf (and it seem like they had a blast) but we hung out in the sand building castles, taking pictures, finding some crabs and having some drinks. We did manage to take our picture in front of the web cam they had there (and from what I’ve read, some cc members seen my little one playing in the sand) hehe.

There are private little shower stalls with wood around them and the water runs off onto the land. They try to collect all the rain water they can to conserve on water, which was really neat.

It was a wonderful day and I highly recommend Maya Chan for a relaxing beach day catered to you in style, good food, friendly people, and more than enough activities to keep you busy if you want. Otherwise, relaxing under the papala works just as good. (A lot of people got the massages and loved it).

The ONLY issues we had with our visit and has NOTHING to do with Maya Chan was the mosquitos were TERRIBLE!! We were bitten from head to toe. This started the minute that we got off the ship and was at the port waiting for our van. I had purchased some cactus pear juice something or other (recommended on here by cc members) that was supposed to be 1) a bug repellant and 2) sun screen protection…I’m here to tell you that it DOES NOT work for bugs. Sorry. Maya Chan does have tons of bug spray for you to use, but I here to tell you that if there is 1 mm of it missing on your skin, they will find it!

The other issue was all the sea grass. Of course this is natural to the area and the more rain, the more sea grass. This is not something that Maya Chan can do anything about. They did a wonderful job of keeping it cleaned up on the beach and the beach raked and even had someone out in the water gathering some in a canoe. But, step one foot in the water on the sand and everything was completely stirred up and just looked nasty. It didn’t stop the fun, but it’s not the picture perfect “Caribbean blue waters” that you would imagine.

For the price they charge and everything that is included…you can’t beat this place!

http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
Arizona
73 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Yay! I have been waiting for this one! I have been lurking awhile but now that our countdown is under 2 months I am about living for Spirit TRs. I am still not sure which I am more excited about - NO or the cruise and thanks for providing the link to virtualtourist.com as I had forgotten about that site.
I love Drury Inns - the happy hour and breakfast are both great and talk about customer service - it was great that they comped your stay due to the ants.
I can't wait for the rest of your TR; in the planning stages for shore excursions ect so this will be so appreciated. Thanks for getting started on it so soon after your return.
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by laketimeaz
Yay! I have been waiting for this one! I have been lurking awhile but now that our countdown is under 2 months I am about living for Spirit TRs. I am still not sure which I am more excited about - NO or the cruise and thanks for providing the link to virtualtourist.com as I had forgotten about that site.
I love Drury Inns - the happy hour and breakfast are both great and talk about customer service - it was great that they comped your stay due to the ants.
I can't wait for the rest of your TR; in the planning stages for shore excursions ect so this will be so appreciated. Thanks for getting started on it so soon after your return.
No problem. I had to take a break tonight and catch up on my 200+ emails while I was gone.

I will start back up again tomorrow and try to get more reviews done. When you take hundreds of pictures at each port, as I do, it's really hard to pick and choose which to use and share. LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
1,437 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by mitsugirly
I forgot to post the link to all of my pictures:

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug....089867_hc4cBmX
Thanks for these excellent pictures. It takes a lot of effort to write a review and post pictures right after a cruise. It usually takes me up to a week to start writing a review. Catching up with stuff post cruise like catching up with work emails, bills etc takes too much time. Also, I tend to egt sad after leaving a cruise which I have read is normal.

What type of underwater camera did you use to take these excellent pictures?

Wow, those bugs really attacked your daughter. Have never been bit in Costa Maya, Cozumel or Belize. The only place where I got attacked was Roatan due to sand fleas. Luckily, i spent most of my time in the water and didn't get as many as some people who stayed on the beach. I dod have a small spray bottle with 100% deet which I recommend.

On your cruise did you have a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? On my Oct 23rd cruise, we have already planned one and so far have over 30 people. Great way of making new friends at the beginning of the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun from N.O - Oct 2006
NCL Spirit from N.O - Nov 15th 2009
NCL Sky from Miami - July 12th 2010
NCL Spirit from N.O - Nov 28th 2010
Carnival Elation from Mobile - May 2nd 2011
NCL Spirit from N.O - Oct 23rd 2011
NCL Star from N.O - Dec 16th 2012
NCL Star from N.O - April 14th 2013
NCL Jewel from N.O - Oct 22nd 2013
NCL Jewel from N.O - Dec 22nd 2013
Carnival Dream from N.O - July 2014
NCL Dawn from N.O - April 2015

In the South
1,023 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Mitsugirly: Thanks for the review. Can't wait to read it all.

What about boarding the ship and sail away? When you get a chance pls. tell how that experience was. Good I hope......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life is too Short, Let me Live it on a Cruise!

PAST CRUISES:
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, Nov., 1997
RCCL Majesty of the Seas, Jan., 2010
CCL Victory, April, 2010
NCL Spirit, March, 2012
CCL Elation, April, 2012
CCL Conquest, February, 2013
CCL Conquest, November, 2013
RCCL Serenade of the Seas, March, 2014
CCL Elation, January, 2015
Boston, MA USA
11,446 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Mitsugirly - The storm you are referring to is the storm that kept me out to sea for 2 additional days on the Spirit. It was Tropical Storm Lee! Just saw you were scratching your head for the name and that'd be his name!

Liking the review so far... looking forward to more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruisin' History
Norwegian Escape 10/14/17, Carnival Inspiration 10/6/17***,
Enchantment of the Seas 3/13/17 (Inception at Sea), Carnival Victory 1/23/17***,
Norwegian Breakaway 11/27/16, Norwegian Sun 11/2/16 (S.A. Repo), Norwegian Sun 10/28/16***,
Norwegian Pearl 1/23/16***
Norwegian Epic 11/29/15, Carnival Inspiration 10/15***, Norwegian Pearl 1/28/15***, Norwegian Sky 1/23/15
Norwegian Breakaway 5/18/14 (BDA), Norwegian Star 1/5/14 (Panama Canal)
Norwegian Jewel 10/27/13 (AquaFest), Norwegian Breakaway 4/30/13 (Trans-Atlantic),
Celebrity Millennium 3/3/13 (Asia ), Norwegian Dawn 8/31/12, Norwegian Dawn 1/4/12,
Norwegian Spirit 8/28/11**, Norwegian EPIC 3/12/11, Norwegian Jewel 1/2/11
Carnival Ecstasy 1/19/16 , Carnival Destiny 5/05
Norwegian Spirit 5/10, Norwegian Jewel 3/10, Norwegian Sky 1/10, Norwegian Jewel 1/10, ,
Norwegian Spirit 5/09, Celebrity Solstice 3/09*, Crown Princess 1/09,
Norwegian Dream 5/08, Norwegian Sun 1/08, Norwegian Jewel 5/07,
Caribbean Princess 9/06, Star Princess 10/05**, Celebrity Millennium 8/04*,
Celebrity Millennium 1/04*, RCCL Splendour OTS 8/03*, Coral Princess 4/03, NCL Dawn 1/03*, Grand Princess 5/01
* Denotes private charter Atlantis Events
**Denotes impacted by Tropical Weather
*** Denotes private charter GROOVE CRUISE
OH
24,629 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by thescot123
Thanks for these excellent pictures. It takes a lot of effort to write a review and post pictures right after a cruise. It usually takes me up to a week to start writing a review. Catching up with stuff post cruise like catching up with work emails, bills etc takes too much time. Also, I tend to egt sad after leaving a cruise which I have read is normal.

What type of underwater camera did you use to take these excellent pictures?

Wow, those bugs really attacked your daughter. Have never been bit in Costa Maya, Cozumel or Belize. The only place where I got attacked was Roatan due to sand fleas. Luckily, i spent most of my time in the water and didn't get as many as some people who stayed on the beach. I dod have a small spray bottle with 100% deet which I recommend.

On your cruise did you have a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? On my Oct 23rd cruise, we have already planned one and so far have over 30 people. Great way of making new friends at the beginning of the cruise.
Yea, I'm writing reviews and processing pictures in between laundry. I don't go back to work until Saturday, but start my first day back to school this quarter tomorrow. So trying to get this done as soon as I can. There's no telling how much homework I'll have on the first day. LOL

I use a Canon D10 point and shoot. I decided to leave my expensive slr camera home this time. It's a lot easier with the p&s because it does everything...land, water, and video.

We did not make it to the meet and greet. With a 3 year old (and her first cruise), we kinda had to cater to her needs first. She wanted to go swimming in the kiddie pool area and slides. I knew that once she seen it she would be so excited and not want to leave. We were constantly running into everyone though and people seem to know who I was right off the bat due to my pictures. hehe

Originally posted by PreciousCruiser
Mitsugirly: Thanks for the review. Can't wait to read it all.

What about boarding the ship and sail away? When you get a chance pls. tell how that experience was. Good I hope......
I will go into full detail on that, but it was EXTREMELY FAST....EXTREMELY...on both. I was really impressed with the way NCL handled the Epic last year. Well, this was even more smoother!

Originally posted by CruisinMaterial
Mitsugirly - The storm you are referring to is the storm that kept me out to sea for 2 additional days on the Spirit. It was Tropical Storm Lee! Just saw you were scratching your head for the name and that'd be his name!

Liking the review so far... looking forward to more.
I knew it was one of those. hehe We were watching so many right before I left, so knew it was one of them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving