windstar vs oceania

shellieg

I am considering taking a Mediterranean cruise in August and was wondering which line better, Windstar or Oceania. I know that they are different size ships, but how do both compare to one another as far as luxury, food, rooms etc.? Has anyone cruised the Mediterranean on either one? I want to go to French Riviera and Italy and maybe Spain if the itinerary goes there... I'm not too interested in Greece on this trip.

Thanks,

Shellieg

We sailed on Oceania (Rome to Barcelona) several years ago. We had a great time, primarily because we had terrific table mates at dinner; the food itself was mediocre, and the ship is so so; the itinerary was great and the price was very right. I recently sailed on Wind Spirit which is half the size of the Wind Star; I would recommend it, and the line, highly. The food and cabins were better than Oceania, and the crew was very friendly. While there was little true sailing, just seeing the sails at night against the stars was a moving experience.

Actually I was confusing Oceania with Oriental cruise line; HOWEVER, we did a Renaissance Cruise in Europe (same ships); we found it very enjoyable; I style think the sailing ship has some advantages, but the food and many other features on the Renaissance/Oceania ship were quite nice.

Archived