Cruising with 2 year old, help

dadof2boys

So my wife and I just booked the Disney wonder due to kids sail free. We have a 2 and 4 year old. We were going to wait to do Disney until they were old enough to remember, but at these prices it was cheaper than carnival. My concern: on carnival our 2 year can participate in the kids club, not on Disney. He will have to attend the nursery. My question is would we be allowed to attend any of the events in the oceaneer club if we stayed with our two year old. I am guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

So my wife and I just booked the Disney wonder due to kids sail free. We have a 2 and 4 year old. We were going to wait to do Disney until they were old enough to remember, but at these prices it was cheaper than carnival. My concern: on carnival our 2 year can participate in the kids club, not on Disney. He will have to attend the nursery. My question is would we be allowed to attend any of the events in the oceaneer club if we stayed with our two year old. I am guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

I believe, if you stay with your 2 year old, he/she can participate in the club activities.

:)

The Disney Wonder has two different Nurserys for that age. One is a Nursery and the other is a activities based Nersery ( at a cost). http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/youth-clubs/flounders-reef-nursery/

... Now with that said... What I have found is they will let you move your child up to the next group if they are close to the age. If your 2 year old will turn 3 within a few months they will let you move up to the next age group. Disney let my son move up with the 10 year olds when he was 9 1/2 and let him move up with the 14 when he was 13 1/2.

We took our 2 year old and they are allowed to play in the Oceanaire's club as long as the parents are present. Is your child potty trained? If so, then they will let you leave them. If he/she is not potty trained, then you will have to use the nursery (if you want to leave them.)

Just returned from a 4-day Disney cruise with our 2 grandsons, ages 9 and 2. Do NOT ever think about cruising with a 2-year old! Disney will not allow them to be in the children's pool with a swim diaper on. Try explaining that to a 2-year old. All they can do is play in the Nemo's splash area, which is fun, but is only water fountains and a slide. It is a glass-walled area with a very slippery floor and you really have to be with the child at all times. If you use the "It's a Small World" nursery, there is a charge for the child.

Just returned from a 4-day Disney cruise with our 2 grandsons, ages 9 and 2. Do NOT ever think about cruising with a 2-year old! Disney will not allow them to be in the children's pool with a swim diaper on. Try explaining that to a 2-year old. All they can do is play in the Nemo's splash area, which is fun, but is only water fountains and a slide. It is a glass-walled area with a very slippery floor and you really have to be with the child at all times. If you use the "It's a Small World" nursery, there is a charge for the child.

It's not just DCL, all cruiselines do not allow "swim diapers" (also known as fecal teabags on CC) in the pools.

Two y/o's will require extra charge babysitting. A three y/o must be using the toilet independently to particiate in children's activities.

Its tough to cruise with a two y/o, as you don't really get a break from the child except for that nursery time, which is extra charge and limited.

The swim diaper thing is a US Public Health ruling and is on all cruise lines. I've been on a lot of cruise ships where pools had to be drained and cleaned because of fecal matter. (Its also a very rare occasion that I go into a pool on a cruise ship too. ;) )

Two y/o's will require extra charge babysitting. A three y/o must be using the toilet independently to particiate in children's activities.

Its tough to cruise with a two y/o, as you don't really get a break from the child except for that nursery time, which is extra charge and limited.

The swim diaper thing is a US Public Health ruling and is on all cruise lines. I've been on a lot of cruise ships where pools had to be drained and cleaned because of fecal matter. (Its also a very rare occasion that I go into a pool on a cruise ship too. ;) )

This was our first day out on our recent MR cruise:

cleaning the Mickey Pool

2je49q8.jpg

In 2 weeks my 1 year old will be on her 3rd cruise and my 3 year old will be on her 7th cruise. They have a blast. My 3 year old asked this morning when she could go on a cruise again? She has no idea we are going on one in 2 weeks.

As far as being the diapers in the pool that is not allowed on all cruises.

If you didn't find Disney Kid Friendly then come on over to Royal Caribbean where our kids have a good time.

A 1, 2, or 3 year old can have fun on a cruise.

As far as being the diapers in the pool that is not allowed on all cruises.

If you didn't find Disney Kid Friendly then come on over to Royal Caribbean where our kids have a good time.

A 1, 2, or 3 year old can have fun on a cruise.

The ban on kids in the pool is a requirement of the CDC's voluntary Vessel Sanitation program ( http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/ ). Royal Caribbean and Disney are both participants in the program so you'll find that diapers are also banned from the pools on Royal Caribbean ships.

Archived