AP Tours

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Italy Ports
Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:43 PM.
70 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Can anyone give me information on AP Tours? We are doing a Mediterranean cruise on 9/23/12. I was thinking about using them for tours in Naples and Rome. Any information would be helpful. Like, type of tour that you did, service and cost compared to other options.

Thanks,
Lorrie
New Jersey
163 Posts
Joined Oct 2001
Originally posted by poma
Can anyone give me information on AP Tours? We are doing a Mediterranean cruise on 9/23/12. I was thinking about using them for tours in Naples and Rome. Any information would be helpful. Like, type of tour that you did, service and cost compared to other options.

Thanks,
Lorrie
We used AP Tours in June 2010 in the port of Naples. We did a private tour to Pompei, Positano, and Sorrento.

This year, September 2011 we used AP Tours and did the Amalfi Coast (Sorrento, Ravello, and Amalfi).

AP Tours will tailor your itinerary to what you would like to see and do and spend more or less time where you want.

Their drivers (not licensed tour guides) are very professional, courteous, and service orientated. Their office contact (Sarah) is very helpful and responsive to any questions you may have.

Our experience with AP Tours has been outstanding and we are planning to use them again in June 2012 doing a different itinerary.

Our costs were based on a private tour for two people, so we're not sure we could compare. It depends on how many people are in your party, private tour, shared tour, etc.

Dorothy
Langley B.C. Canada
2,692 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by RBD
We used AP Tours in June 2010 in the port of Naples. We did a private tour to Pompeii, Positano, and Sorrento.

This year, September 2011 we used AP Tours and did the Amalfi Coast (Sorrento, Ravello, and Amalfi).

AP Tours will tailor your itinerary to what you would like to see and do and spend more or less time where you want.

Their drivers (not licensed tour guides) are very professional, courteous, and service orientated. Their office contact (Sarah) is very helpful and responsive to any questions you may have.

Our experience with AP Tours has been outstanding and we are planning to use them again in June 2012 doing a different itinerary.

Our costs were based on a private tour for two people, so we're not sure we could compare. It depends on how many people are in your party, private tour, shared tour, etc.

Dorothy
Hi Dorothy from Betty on our Silhouette roll call. I am so pleased to hear your favourable comments about AP. We have them booked for the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast tour the day we are in Naples. They have been very prompt to reply to email inquiries. I am definitely looking forward to the day..actually the whole cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Betty https://sharemytraveladventures.shutterfly.com/

2018 Carnival Splendor - Mexican Riviera
2017 Royal Princess - Southern Caribbean
2016 RV Mekong Prestige II - Cambodia & Vietnam Mekong
2015 Viking Idi - Rhine River
2015 Coral I - Galapagos Western & Southeastern Islands
2013 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Exotic Asia
2013 HAL Veendam - Canada & New England
2012 NCL Star - Western Caribbean
2012 Celebrity Silhouette - Adriatic & Mediterranean
2012 Carnival Fantasy - Charleston, Key West & Bahamas
2011 Celebrity Millennium - Alaska
2010 Royal Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia
2009 Emerald Princess - Scandinavia & Russia
2009 Crown Princess - British Isles
2009 MS Royal Ruby - Nile River Cruise
2008 Grand Princess - Western Mediterranean
2008 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2007 Regal Princess - Panama Canal (cancelled at embarkation)
2006 Louis Pearl - Greece & Turkey
1996 RCI Song of Norway - Mexican Riviera
1987 Sun Princess - Eastern Caribbean
California
2,332 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We used AP Tours in July 2011 when we were in port in Naples.
We did the Full Amalfi Coast & Sorrento tour that also included Amalfi town, Ravella, Positano.

We met folks on our roll call and we formed a group of 6, so we had a nice Mercedes mini van. Our driver met us at the port with a sign with our name and off we went!

We ate lunch at La Tagliata, and it was fabulous. The views are spectacular.
Our driver was Alberto, and he was wonderful. Very professional, knowledgeable and handsome .

When our tour ended in Sorrento, Alberto went and purchased our tickets for the ferry back to Naples. Then he waited with us and made sure we got on the right one. The ferry ride was quick and efficient to get back to Naples port.

We have used Romeinlimo for all of our tours and transfers while in Rome. They were top notch and I recommend them, too.

We chose AP Tours for the Amalfi Coast because of the great reviews we read here on CC. I wondered if they would be as good as RIL, and they were!

I can give AP Tours my highest recommendation.

Enjoy your visit to Naples!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
To send me an email - please include your Cruise Critic member name.

Ocean Cruises:
Celtic Explorer - HAL Prinsendam • May 2018
Viking Sagas and Norse Legends - HAL Koningsdam • July 2016
Greece, Turkey & Italy Medley - Emerald Princess, July 2015
California Coastal - Golden Princess, Oct 2014California Coastal - Golden Princess, Nov 2013Alaska RT Seattle - Golden Princess, August 2012Pacific Coastal San Diego to Vancouver - HAL Zuiderdam, May 2012Greek Isles - Star Princess, July 2011Pacific Coastal - Golden Princess, September 2010Western Mediterranean - Holland America Noordam, August 2010Baltic - Emerald Princess, August 2009Alaska Cruisetour Southbound - Coral Princess, August 2008Mexican Riviera - Diamond Princess, November 2006 •Mexico Cabo San Lucas- Carnival Elation, 2008 • Mexico Baja - Royal Caribbean Monarch, 2007

River Cruises:
Danube Budapest to Prague - AmaLyra, August 2013
Seine Paris to Normandy - AmaLegro, July 24, 2014

Port Wine & Flamenco Douro River Cruise -AmaVida • July 2017
Boston
8,756 Posts
Joined May 2006

Thanks,
Lorrie
If you can put together a tour of 9 or more, they will provide a licensed guide at no extra cost. We used them for our July 2010 tour of Pompeii, Positano, and Sorrento and I thought the tour and the licensed guide were both very good. AP Tours is local and based in Sorrento. I didn't know that they did Rome tours. However, I don't know why you would need a driver guide service in Rome. The train to Rome is a great option combined with using walking tours with professional guides.
St Augustine Florida
9,594 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We did a tour with them in Nov 2007......

just got back last night from 11 night cruise on Equinox.....

used them again for our day in Naples on the 17th. We went straight to Pompeii where our guide Pina was waiting for us. Then to Ravello, Amalfi and Positano (where we did not get to stop). Due to a fire on the coast road, we missed Positano and had to turn around and go back the long way. We had planned to drive to Sorrento and take the ferry back. Alberto, our driver was great. He kept informed on the situation via cell phone and made sure we got back with tons of time to spare.

APTours once again provided a first class tour for us at a reasonable cost. They are professional in every way.

THANKS GUYS ! I know you will see this !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NEXT UP: 3/18/19 Celebrity Constellation - 15 Night Best of India & Sri Lanka

So far: 12 cruises - 6 Royal Caribbean, 4 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly and leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life and travel, leaves marks on you" Anthony Bourdain
New Jersey
537 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
We just returned from a Ruby Princess Trans-Atlantic Cruise and used AP tours for Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. We had a private guide for Pompeii who Ap tours obtained for us--he was wonderful and we had a private tour of the Amalfi coast and had lunch at La Taglietta with out AP tour guide. He also took us to Sorrento and put us on a ferry to Naples to meet our ship. Wonderful day and the cost was appropriate for the tour. We recommend AP tours highly. Kathy
Debary, Fl, US
1,125 Posts
Joined May 2004
Just returned from Solstice Med cruise and used APTours for our Naples stop. Can't say enough good things about them! We had Pina for our private guide in pompeii, and Vittorio and Allesandro for our drivers. All were superb. We had an absolutely perfect day and I highly recommend the company. You won't be disappointed!
wigan, england
521 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Can only agree with previous posters. We used Alberto from AP Tours in October 2009. We met some others on cruise critic and they joined us and we went along the Amalfi Coast to Amalfi, Positano, the restaurant in the hills (take your camera into the ladies toilet!) , Sorrento and then back on the hydrofoil to Naples to meet the ship. Sarah who you do the bookings with is fantastic and this company are HIGHLY professional and we would use them again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 2007 - sailed Jewel of the Seas - Oslo/Copenhagen

August 2008 - sailed Independence of the Seas - Southampton/Cork.

October 2009 - sailed Voyager of the Seas - Barcelona round Western Med.

October 2010 - sailed Voyager of the Seas - Barcelona round Western Med.

August 2012 - sailed Splendour of the Seas - Eastern Med from Venice. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1707795

August 2016 - ncl jade eastern med from Venice.

October 2017 - rhapsody of the seas eastern med from venice

November 2018 - sailing rhapsody of the seas eastern med from venice

3,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Either they have a lot of drivers named Alberto, or that guy is busy . We used AP out of Napels in Nov of 2009 and also had Alberto. Good company to deal with - the reservations were flawless, the vehicle clean, the driver very polite (with great English).
California
2,332 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
The picture below is Alberto (on the right) and one of the guys from the fabulous Trattoria La Tagliata.

Very handsome Italian men!

The owner of Trattoria La Tagliata - Positano with our tour guide by BobalinkToo, on Flickr
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
To send me an email - please include your Cruise Critic member name.

Ocean Cruises:
Celtic Explorer - HAL Prinsendam • May 2018
Viking Sagas and Norse Legends - HAL Koningsdam • July 2016
Greece, Turkey & Italy Medley - Emerald Princess, July 2015
California Coastal - Golden Princess, Oct 2014California Coastal - Golden Princess, Nov 2013Alaska RT Seattle - Golden Princess, August 2012Pacific Coastal San Diego to Vancouver - HAL Zuiderdam, May 2012Greek Isles - Star Princess, July 2011Pacific Coastal - Golden Princess, September 2010Western Mediterranean - Holland America Noordam, August 2010Baltic - Emerald Princess, August 2009Alaska Cruisetour Southbound - Coral Princess, August 2008Mexican Riviera - Diamond Princess, November 2006 •Mexico Cabo San Lucas- Carnival Elation, 2008 • Mexico Baja - Royal Caribbean Monarch, 2007

River Cruises:
Danube Budapest to Prague - AmaLyra, August 2013
Seine Paris to Normandy - AmaLegro, July 24, 2014

Port Wine & Flamenco Douro River Cruise -AmaVida • July 2017
St Augustine Florida
9,594 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
While Alberto may be quite handsome.....he is also quite spoken for He is married and has twins ! We have had the good luck to have him for our driver both times we have used APTours !

And yes he stays very busy ! at least until cruise season is done for the winter.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

So far: 12 cruises - 6 Royal Caribbean, 4 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly and leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life and travel, leaves marks on you" Anthony Bourdain
74 Posts
Joined Feb 2006

Thanks,
Lorrie
You could not pick a better tour company. They are really great and also less expensive then some of the company.We did Herculeum, Positano, Ravello and Sorento with them this November, we have used them before and would use them again. Our driver was Alberto . He was really great and their service is very good and prompt. We paid 400euros for 6people for the full day. Hope you have a graet trip.
Robins, Iowa
221 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
At the risk of beating a dead horse, we too used AP Tours in November. Our driver was also Alberto. Not only was the tour less expensive than their competition, it was even better than the tour we took with their biggest competitor in 2010. Alberto was fantastic! The Mercedes van was clean and new with sliding doors on both sides (a feature you don't normally think about). We took many private tours on our cruise and AP Tours (along with Yelda from Kagan Tours in Ephesus, Turkey) was the best.
Northamptonshire
10 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We travelled to Naples on a Celebrity Cruise, arriving in Naples on 25th October 2012 and had booked the Amalfi Coast tour with the drop off at Sorrento Port through APTours. Sarah in the APT office was brilliant in helping sort out the trip and arrangements. Our guide / driver Arturo was excellent as was the Mercedes with lots of room for 4 of us. From the moment we met Arturo at Naples port to the time we were dropped at the ferry for the return nothing was too much trouble for him.

He explained the background to all the sights in sufficient detail but did not swamp us with too much detail or uninteresting information. He also gave us the background on Italy in modern times and its current situation; this too was perfect and helpful. He also recommended a very good restaurant at lunchtime. He always ensured that other places were visited in response to our requests.

He walked with us along the quay, to the entrance to the ferry to ensure we boarded safely and on time. The hydrofoil took us back to the terminal where we reboarded our cruise ship so it was a perfect end to the trip. We chose his route back rather than retracing our car journey which we could have done. The return on the ferry not gave us more time in Sorrento but gave us a different perspective of that beautiful coast line.

We would have no hesitation in recommending APTours, this trip and especially Arturo to anyone visiting Naples as good value for money, very interesting, beautiful scenery and worth doing for anyone who wants to see the Amalfi coast. We have now decided that we will return and spend a holiday along the coast sometime soon.
Manchester
74 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
How quick do they respond to an enquiry, I sent a message two days ago
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marella Discovery 2 (10/04/18)
Thomson Celebration (06/12/16)
Celebrity Reflection (07/06/13)
Celebrity Eclipse (28/01/12)
RCCL Song of America (July 1990)
St Augustine Florida
9,594 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We have used them a few times..... will do so again.

Check your spam mail. They have always responded within hours. Keep in mind the time difference tho
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Scotland
338 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by bobalink
The picture below is Alberto (on the right) and one of the guys from the fabulous Trattoria La Tagliata.

Very handsome Italian men!

The owner of Trattoria La Tagliata - Positano with our tour guide by BobalinkToo, on Flickr
Ooooft.....nice scenery ;-)
wouldn't mind that tour hehehe
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

The OC, CA
1,129 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
[He walked with us along the quay, to the entrance to the ferry to ensure we boarded safely and on time. The hydrofoil took us back to the terminal where we reboarded our cruise ship so it was a perfect end to the trip. We chose his route back rather than retracing our car journey which we could have done. The return on the ferry not gave us more time in Sorrento but gave us a different perspective of that beautiful coast line.

We would have no hesitation in recommending APTours, this trip and especially Arturo to anyone visiting Naples as good value for money, very interesting, beautiful scenery and worth doing for anyone who wants to see the Amalfi coast. We have now decided that we will return and spend a holiday along the coast sometime soon.[/quote]

I hadn't thought about the ferry back. Is it that much easier?