Fascination Past Cruisers - Info. Please

my3kids

If any of the past cruisers of Fascination would be able to help - we have never cruised before - any insider tips?

Any thing we should avoid or "must do/see/eat" on the ship?

Also - 1st timers to Key West and Cozumel - (we are also very laid back - not excursion types) and giong on a budget..............any thoughts or suggestions!;)

Thanks in advance!

I can't really remember any MUST see or do things on Fascination, I did enjoy the trip. The ship is a little worn, but still nice. We had a lot of fun on the trip. Took the same one as you. Didn't do too much in Key West. Cozumel, on a budget, cab to Paradise Beach. It's beautiful, and free to get into...$5 to use the water "toys". Nothing power operated. Food was not bad there, and not overly expensive. If you've got any specific questions, I'll try to help! Have a great trip!! :)

Great - you were on this one recently!! How was the food? And what cabin where you in - on what deck? We have an IS - we sail in 20 - wow 20!! - days and have not got our assignment yet......... that is ok - broom closet - deck chair - could not care - we are on that boat!!!!!!!

How was service? Do you remember anything about the shows? Any cool spots on the ship you found to hang out that were a little less "busy" than others? Age of co-cruisers? Gosh I am dying for details here..........I have found so little info on this ship and am just very curious!!;)

Thanks again

I will send you a link that has tons of web pics of Fascination along with reviews. Unfortunately it is a link on my home PC. I found it helpful in seeing the ship.

Sorry, that link was of the Elation. I understand Elation is the same as Fascination and we have booked that same suite on Elation so they sent me pics so I could see the cabin. Sorry, I thought it was one of the ones with other pics of Fascination.......

Thanks for your help = I have had so many questions - and am so anxiously awaiting our trip......hope you can understand!!:)

Have you been on Fascination? If so, are you familiar with the Veranda Deck? I think we have our cabin assignment v20 - and it shows (I think) that the cabin is under the Spa? Any info?

Yes I did check them out........have you seen my other thread about webcams? I just looked at one of the sites and the day we are at Coz. there are 13??!!!?? other ships in port that day eeeeeeeeek! Wow I am thinking 26,000 (approx) people into one area! Yikes:eek:

Anyone know which night formal night is on the 4-night fascination cruise to key west/cozumel? I'm assuming it is either on the second night which is key west port day since we leave there early afternoon, or on the last night which is the sea day.

Also, are people less formal than on 7 day cruises? We plan on dressing up, but don't want to be too overdressed if no one else dresses up. I wouldn't mind leaving DH's jacket at home;)

yeah - I would like to know that too? I am assuming they will tell us when we get there..............

When are you cruising? We are 4/11.

i so can NOT wait!!!!!!!!!! Have you found out what cabin you are in?

We are in V20 - I think....or so far anyway.

Formal night was on the second night. I can't remember my 7 day cruise(I was too young), but people were pretty formal on the Fascination. My hubby said it reminded him of a high school prom.

We didn't participate....but probably will next cruise though.

I leave May 2nd on the Fascination, this will be my second on this ship. I loved the ship, although I haven't been on any of the newer ships. Formal night is the second night after you leave key west. You will have a blast on and off the ship even on a budget. Me and my husband drank quite a bit on the ship and all togoether on and off we spent around $500 - $600. That was even doing the snorkeling excursion and buying gifts for our children. Hope you have fun!!

I'm in a group of 35 sailing on Fascination 5/2 as well. We are coming in Sat/Sun and staying in So. Beach prior. Glad to hear you like Fascination. This is our first Carnival cruise. It is what you make of it I am sure. So long as the service is good, I think the cruise will be.

I leave May 2nd on the Fascination, this will be my second on this ship. I loved the ship, although I haven't been on any of the newer ships. Formal night is the second night after you leave key west. You will have a blast on and off the ship even on a budget. Me and my husband drank quite a bit on the ship and all togoether on and off we spent around $500 - $600. That was even doing the snorkeling excursion and buying gifts for our children. Hope you have fun!!

Hi, I'm sailing on May 2nd too...I started a roll call but found not cruisers!! Nice to know we wont be alone!!! Way cool!

I'm in a group of 35 sailing on Fascination 5/2 as well. We are coming in Sat/Sun and staying in So. Beach prior. Glad to hear you like Fascination. This is our first Carnival cruise. It is what you make of it I am sure. So long as the service is good, I think the cruise will be.

I'm taking my mom with me on this same cruise...it's her 50th birthday. I thought she could use a little fun and relaxation. And I could too! I am so excited about this cruise and I've finallly found 5/2 cruisers!!! Woo Hoo!!!

We went to a small grocery store in Key West- to purchase 6 packs of soda to bring on board!!!

The cruise was fine! Great fun, great memories!

I hated the mannequins of stars throughout the ship (broken, dusty, stained) hopefully they have gotten rid of them!!! I thought that they should go overboard!!!

We live in central Florida and will be driving down early Sunday morning and will also be staying in South Beach for the night. Mine is a smaller group(8) but none the less fun. We all sailed together on the Fascination last time. We have 4 in their 40's the rest of us are in our 20's. Maybe we will see you all there!! I've only sailed with Carnival, this is my 3rd cruise, 2nd on the Fascination, 1st was on the Fantasy.

We were on the Fascination in Jan 2004 and had a nice time. We stayed in So Beach the night before. Didn't seem like much to do in Key West...we did a pretty inexpensive bike tour ... good to get a little exercise and see the sites. Then we went and grabbed a snack and Bloody Mary at Sloppy Joes~ fun atmosphere and good prices (we had these great fries with sloppy joe meat/sauce over top).

Then in Cozumel we rented a Geo for the day ($70 I think~we had to pay a bit more because we only had cash on us and had no CC... something about insurance). They gave us a map and we drove around the whole island... something interesting to do since it was a little rainy that day.

We enjoyed the piano bar (at the time it was Darin playing). And Passage to India was another fun place to go.

Have fun!

Archived