Pride of America Jogging Track

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises
Active cruisers unite!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:42 AM.
San Francisco
52 Posts
Joined May 2011
Hey!

Does anyone know off-hand how long the track is on Deck 6 (the Promenade, not the stupid little running track up top).

I was on a Disney ship last year, and their track was 1/3 of a mile. I'm hoping POA isn't much shorter!

6 miles...that's 18 laps...I'll need someone to sit on a deck chair and count my laps!!!
San Francisco
52 Posts
Joined May 2011
To answer my own question...

A Google search found an old article from when the ship was launched, and according to that, 2.5 laps=1 mile. So, my 6 mile run is 15 laps.

Still, if Mom wouldn't mind reading a book and counting laps...maybe if I buy her a drink...

Has anyone exercised on this ship? What did you do to eat somewhat health-fully? I'm eating my daily bowl of oatmeal as I type, but I'm sure if I pass a tray of danishes, my willpower will be tested!