Visas on Asia cruise

wyatthawaii

Getting mixed messages about required visas for the 14 Zaandam cruise from Singapore on March 18th. I was given a website by Vacations To Go and told to get visas immediately - well, the cruise isn't posted on that website. HA gives a different website/different expediter and they also don't list the cruise. My understanding is the ship will provide blanket visas for Cambodia and Vietnam and you only have to get a China visa if you go off on your own in Sanya. Any idea what the charge is for the blanket visa? I can't find any info at the HA website on this. Kind of frustrating that they don't just give you the info up front! :confused:

We did not go off on our own and had to have one for China. A tip. If you are a clergy person, even a retired one and you put that on the occupation line you will be denied a Chinese visa. I was denied and reapplied just putting retired in the space and was approved. Have a great trip.

Getting mixed messages about required visas for the 14 Zaandam cruise from Singapore on March 18th. I was given a website by Vacations To Go and told to get visas immediately - well, the cruise isn't posted on that website. HA gives a different website/different expediter and they also don't list the cruise. My understanding is the ship will provide blanket visas for Cambodia and Vietnam and you only have to get a China visa if you go off on your own in Sanya. Any idea what the charge is for the blanket visa? I can't find any info at the HA website on this. Kind of frustrating that they don't just give you the info up front! :confused:

From HAL:

VisaHAL1-vi.jpg

VisaHAL2-vi.jpg

Regards

HeinBloed

We were there last april/may with the Volendam

Singapore no visa, but you must carry your pasport with you to get on and off the ship, Thailand, no visa, Cambodja and Vietnam will be done on the ship and charged to your account($35.00 each), China you need a visa when entering Chinese waters, even if you stay on board, and they are $150.00 each at the embassy (that'll be an expensive stop) and Hong Kong, no visa..

We were there last april/may with the Volendam

Singapore no visa, but you must carry your pasport with you to get on and off the ship, Thailand, no visa, Cambodja and Vietnam will be done on the ship and charged to your account($35.00 each), China you need a visa when entering Chinese waters, even if you stay on board, and they are $150.00 each at the embassy (that'll be an expensive stop) and Hong Kong, no visa..

Depending on the itinerary you used to require a visa for Hong Kong if you continued to another Chinese port. I think it is still the case.

Depending on the itinerary you used to require a visa for Hong Kong if you continued to another Chinese port. I think it is still the case.

If you stay in HongKong no visa, but if you go into mainland China you need one

Archived