Homemade Carnival Molten Cake

Gig103

As many of you know, the recipe is given out on the Behind the Fun tour, in addition to being readily available online. I used 8oz ramekins for this attempt and it came out good. The time given in the recipe wasn't that exact, and I think that they could have gone a little longer and still been molten. I also have no idea how the chefs manage to get them so perfect in the cup, instead of rising unevenly like mine.

It was still tasty, and here are some pics!

IMAG0214.jpg.3172e36aa76a0d42e06f6727650f6958.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg.f8594c9c7dac3d247d711dfcd16b0d42.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg.7c98ad7afe69373d0dbe41ff3f93bdb1.jpg

As many of you know, the recipe is given out on the Behind the Fun tour, in addition to being readily available online. I used 8oz ramekins for this attempt and it came out good. The time given in the recipe wasn't that exact, and I think that they could have gone a little longer and still been molten. I also have no idea how the chefs manage to get them so perfect in the cup, instead of rising unevenly like mine.

They look yummy, just the same:)

You can try rotating your pan, sometimes that helps. (As someone with a super cheap oven in my rental I just get over the fact that many things never bake quite perfect because the heat is far from even.)

No matter how they look I bet they still tasted great!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if they are using a water bath to heat everything evenly. This is common with creme brulee and cheesecake...makes sense...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived