Wind Surf hairdryers

Jackie Stanton

It's been a while since our last Wind Star cruise, and I have a question that may seem trivial. I know there is a hairdryer in each cabin. Is this hairdryer attached to the wall in the bathroom, or is it a pluggable one that can be used at the dressing table in the cabin? If it is not one that can be used in the cabin proper, I will need to bring my own. Will I need to bring an adaptor aboard?

In the suites there is a second hairdryer that can be plugged in (under the desk). It is 220V. I don't know about the regular cabins. If you have to bring your own, there is one plug (also under the desk) that is 110V, but you will have to bring a plug adapter -- it uses the 2 round prong type.

As of last week, on deck-2, the cabins had a terrible drier in the head on the wall PLUS a handheld 220-vac 1500-w unit (in a little blue bag under the flatscreen tv) that was great. We brought one to be safe and didn't use it.

Under our desk was indeed a 120-vac outlet that I plugged a powerstrip in to (no adapter needed) for charging batteries and the wife's flatiron. Worked great.

Archived