Grand Cayman - March 24, 2005 - 8 ships

gailc

We were in Grand Cayman on Thurs., March 24, 2005 on the Radiance of the Seas. There were 8 ships in port that day. Our captain had never seen that many there before. Does anyone on any of the ships have any pictures of the ships? I never could get all 8 in 1 picture at the same time.

It was wonderful to see so many ships at one port. The only problem was that it was very crowded trying to walk around.

Gail

On March 30th, we were 1 of 6 in. When combined with strong swells, it was a zoo getting ashore for all ship's tenders. I was able to get 4 in at once, with our tenders getting organized (Grand Princess) as a cargo ship came in.

Img0078.jpg.2b0652cf315ae4e31845d4ef4714b78f.jpg

frankB - That's a great picture. We did bounce around in the tenders. When we got back to the Radiance, the tender hit the ship as we were trying to dock next to it. We had parts flying into the seating area. No one was hurt. Our captain arranged for the 3 RCI ships to tender at the new pier. It was nice & not far from the main one.

Are your pictures on a photo website? If not, how did you put your picture on here?

Gail

Thanks. I noticed the RCI ships were tendering elsewhere. Good move!

When you post/edit, just click on 'Manage attachments' to upload. I keep them really small, since most folks are probably using dial up connections. However, I'm getting an error trying to attach right now.

I'm still working through my photos. We got back in late Saturday. I have disposable camera photos of Stingray City. I'll wait for those, before posting. Hopefully this weekend.

I keep wondering where the guy is to take my drink order!

Archived