World Cruise Travel Insurance - UK

FLUFFY01

I live in the UK and am planning a world cruise in 2013 as a solo traveller.

The maximum that for cancellation on travel insurance appears to be £12,500. My trip is costing a lot more than that because of the single supplement. The only insurance is through Carnival insurance which covers the whole cost of the trip, however this is costing over £1000.00. Does anyone know of any other insurance company in the UK who has a higher cancellation figure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JO

The maximum that for cancellation on travel insurance appears to be £12,500. My trip is costing a lot more than that because of the single supplement. The only insurance is through Carnival insurance which covers the whole cost of the trip, however this is costing over £1000.00. Does anyone know of any other insurance company in the UK who has a higher cancellation figure.

Thanks

JO

How much is the actual cruise cost and what is your age?

Hi

The cruise cost is around £18k for the full cruise and I am between 65 and 70. All insurance must have a start place of the uk so cannot split it.

Regards

jo

Definitely look around but I think you're going to find that paying 6% - 7% of the cruise cost as a cancellation insurance premium is very competitive. I forgot to ask about the actual premium quoted but if you're paying 1200 to insure 18,000 you're right in that range.

Definitely look around but I think you're going to find that paying 6% - 7% of the cruise cost as a cancellation insurance premium is very competitive. I forgot to ask about the actual premium quoted but if you're paying 1200 to insure 18,000 you're right in that range.

Thanks for that.

Jo

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

JO

Hi

We have just arranged insurance with unlimited cancellation cover through insurance choice.co.uk I dealt with Aysa, very helpful & her direct no. is 08432276561. Cover is underwritten by same company used by carnival but in our case(we are over 70 & with pre existing conditions) the cover was £600 less than carnival's. Hope it helps

Hi

We have just arranged insurance with unlimited cancellation cover through insurance choice.co.uk I dealt with Aysa, very helpful & her direct no. is 08432276561. Cover is underwritten by same company used by carnival but in our case(we are over 70 & with pre existing conditions) the cover was £600 less than carnival's. Hope it helps

Hi

Thank you for that and I will certainly look into it.

Regards

Jo:)

• 1 month later...

I am still looking around for reasonable priced travel insurance. Problem is a lot of companies won't cover for my hubby, who will be 81, plus the 99 days. Have tried Columbus, but the cancellation cover is too low. All Clear- cover up to 92 days. Staysure don't want to know, despite me using them for annual cover the last few years. Will probably have to settle for something with less than full cancellation cover, as the cost of the insurance is going to be too high compared with all the other costs - dog boarding for 3 months included!

• 2 months later...

Wish I could find decent insurance this cheap. Just rang the cruise company who we are sailing with and they are quoting over £7,000 for a cruise costing £24,000.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Martha string

Thank you very much for giving me the name Insurance company. They were almost 50% cheaper than the current quote by the cruise line insurance, and have taken it out. Thanks again. Regards JO.

Archived