Coffee on Amazara ?

Mparis184

We are about to take our first Amazara cruise. I have not read anything about the coffee on Amazara.....any comments?

I am not a fan of Starbucks, it's much to strong for me and I visit Dunkin Donuts daily for my morning decaf. I always travel with my plastic Dunkin Donuts coffee mug and find it's perfect for taking coffee "to go" on cruises. I don't like coffee cups because they are to small and my larger mug gives me a good sized coffee.

Oceania's Marina had a wonderful coffee dispenser available 24 hours a day near the buffet where you could get latté, espresso, etc. and it was convenient and delicious. I didn't have to go to a Cafe to get my morning coffee. What can I expect on Amazara?

Marion

Marion

The coffee in the restaurants is so so but Azamara has a wonderful little area, around the staircase near the shops on the same level as the MDR, called Mosaic where they serve wonderful coffees, lattes etc, speciality teas and savouries all day (and unlike other lines we have sailed there is no extra charge). You will be able to get what you want there and from experience I know they will make it to your taste and indeed will remember your preferences. You can sit in Mosaic and enjoy your drink or get it to go.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hilary

Hands down, the Mosaic has (had?) the best espresso and cappuccino on board. Having lived in Italy for more than 7 years, I take my coffee very seriously, and a Starbuck's frappachino, whatever that is, is not coffee. (To be fair, a lot of the stuff they drink in the US isn't coffee either. We used to refer to it as "aqua sporco" or "dirty water" in Italy.)

I expect decent beans to start out with, and the cup is filled half way, unless I order a double, and then you use twice as much coffee than used for a single. I'm sure you get my drift. The baristas at Mosaic knew within a day what we liked, and what we did not like. Another one of the subtle, little touches of luxury that Azamara seems to abound in.

That said, you can always get a cup of "coffee" on board. MDR was okay, but it wasn't Mosaic. When we ordered cappuccino with our in room breakfasts, it looked and tasted fine, but it was cold on arrival. No one's fault but our own. As I recall, you could get espresso or cappuccino at the Windows Cafe, self serve. Generally speaking, we quickly learned that we didn't order coffee after dinner, we simply shifted location. (I honestly don't remember how it was in Aqualina or Prime C).

Okay, now that coffee situation is settled. You MIGHT wish to consider bringing decent tea on board with you, preferably loose. I will only go to a C+ in rating Azamara's tea. They use decent enough stuff, but there is just so much flavor that you can wring out of a tea bag. If you are a tea maven, bring your own. The crew will happily brew it for you. Or you can do it yourself - one rounded teaspoon per cup, plus one for the pot. 2-3 minutes and off you go. Enjoy, I'm envious of you.

We are about to take our first Amazara cruise. I have not read anything about the coffee on Amazara.....any comments?

I am not a fan of Starbucks, it's much to strong for me and I visit Dunkin Donuts daily for my morning decaf. I always travel with my plastic Dunkin Donuts coffee mug and find it's perfect for taking coffee "to go" on cruises. I don't like coffee cups because they are to small and my larger mug gives me a good sized coffee.

Oceania's Marina had a wonderful coffee dispenser available 24 hours a day near the buffet where you could get latté, espresso, etc. and it was convenient and delicious. I didn't have to go to a Cafe to get my morning coffee. What can I expect on Amazara?

Marion

As allready mentioned, the coffee in the Mosaic Café is very very good! It's a wonderfull little place to sit during an Azamara cruise. Not only do they serve great coffee there, but the cakes and snacks are very good. I think it may very well be my favourite spot onboard.

See you on Journey in 2 weeks :)

Thanks everyone. I will make certain I stop at the Mosaic Cafe to check out their decaf lattes when I get on the ship. I will fill my Dunkin Donuts mug and take the latte to lunch with me.

I always bring my own little decaf coffee packets in the event I don't like the ship's coffee. I am not a tea drinker but the decaf packets look like a tea bag except they are filled with coffee.

Marion

Great coffee in Mosaic is also available all day in to go cups with the usual health and safety lids. We often pick one up and take it ashore or later in the day go out and sit on the nice loungers on the promenade deck just outside Mosaic. The only problem with this latter is its very hard to avoid the scrummy pastries and cakes at Mosaic whilst waiting for your coffee to be made.

Another tip, we always decline coffee after dinner in the restaurant -even the specialities- and make our way to Mosaic. Lovely evening atmosphere, usually piano entertainer and we sometimes treat ourselves to a liqueur as well. It makes a perfect evening and is one of the reasons we do not share some people's view that Azamara evening entertainment is poor. This relaxed after dinner atmosphere works so well for us

I see you are in Journey soon, there is a great team in board there - enjoy and look forward to hearing what you get up to

Mosaic really is a very good part of Azamaras included bundle

Archived