Aqua-Class on Celebrity Equinox

stevenr597

Are there any cabins in the Aqua-Class that will sleep three? In addition, what is the difference in regards to amenities between Concierge and Aqua Class?

No, all the AQ cabins are designed for just 2 people. The difference between CC and AQ is Blu for AQ which is like a specialty restaurant. Also Persian Gardens which is nice, and also water, and tea in the stateroom.

The next new ship Reflection will have Aqua Class Suites, a totally new category. I did a phantom booking and was able to put in three for those suites but who knows in reality what will happen...

We're sailing Reflection A1 TA next year and wondering if they are expanding Blu to handle all the additional AQ's and AQ Suites.

Are there any cabins in the Aqua-Class that will sleep three? In addition, what is the difference in regards to amenities between Concierge and Aqua Class?

You might want to call the cruise line and ask. When I was on Eclipse last month I wanted to go have a look a my future AQ cabin. I spoke to a Cabin Steward and he said that the AQ could accommodate 3 by making up the couch for a third person.

Well, you can always try, but the response is likely to be as reported -- Aqua Class staterooms are double occupancy only. There was a report about a year ago of a family of three booking one, and the hue and cry afterwards was intense. It was apparently a booking error that allowed it to happen.

You might want to call the cruise line and ask. When I was on Eclipse last month I wanted to go have a look a my future AQ cabin. I spoke to a Cabin Steward and he said that the AQ could accommodate 3 by making up the couch for a third person.

Cabin steward is obviously not aware of Celebrity's booking policy. You cannot even book three people into an AQ cabin, computers won't allow it.

The incident stitch wrote about involved a baby and there were some other details that were not clear so who knows what happened in that instance.

We're sailing Reflection A1 TA next year and wondering if they are expanding Blu to handle all the additional AQ's and AQ Suites.

Probably will increase the size, they added an extra deck so I would expect they are doing something with the space needed. Remember on any given cruise they can eliminate all the suite passengers from Blu so I don't see it as a problem.

Cabin steward is obviously not aware of Celebrity's booking policy. You cannot even book three people into an AQ cabin, computers won't allow it.

The incident stitch wrote about involved a baby and there were some other details that were not clear so who knows what happened in that instance.

Yeah you're right. I just tried. Too bad. He got my hopes up because I was thinking of bringing my daughter. Oh well she'll just have to wait because I'm dying to try out Blu!!!

Blu was wonderful! Just off Silhouette and loved it. Did miss the large table atmosphere of MDR a little( especially when linked with Cruise Critics from the Roll Call and not just taking a chance on table mates:-), but most nights sat with another Cruise Critic Roll Call couple. Have it booked again on EQ TA but will move back to MDR next March as three couples we are sailing with are booked for MDR too.

Archived