Skagway Car rental

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:05 PM.
California
34 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Hi...I see that there are only 2 options for car renting in Skagway. It's avis or the small company sourdough.

On sourdough's website it says that price is for ~200 miles. I am planning on driving all the way to emerald lake. I cannot seem to find much information about the files from skagway to emeral lake. I am also planning on making stops in Yukon.

Do you think we will go above 200 miles?
Syracuse, New York
50,437 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by FIRSTLAKE
Can you walk from the ship to Avis office?
Yes, you can walk to it- where ever it may be, since they had a recent fire. Look for current reports. Their lot is between 2/3 streets and Spring. In the past they had office space across from the Westmark on Third.

You won't have any problem finding it. Just ask when you get off the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Alaska travels

[email protected]
California
34 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
I did a map/google search and it looks to be 2-4 blocks from the dock. But, this will depend on where your ship is docked but, it doesn't look to be more than 4 blocks away.
Syracuse, New York
50,437 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by usaspire
I did a map/google search and it looks to be 2-4 blocks from the dock. But, this will depend on where your ship is docked but, it doesn't look to be more than 4 blocks away.
There is a good map, right on the Skagway site. www.skagway.com

It is a walk for anyone with mobility limits from any dock, including Broadway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Alaska travels

[email protected]