Queen Mary

cruisequeen10

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed there many years ago. It was lots of fun; a unique experience you won't get anywhere else. The hotel rooms are the former 1st class staterooms with lots of burled wood and art deco touches.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there last year for a Surgical Conference. It's fun to do once. There's no pool (well, there is but only the ghosts can swim in it)! There are lots of newer hotels across the street (right next to the Aquarium and restaraunts). There is also a local bus that takes you over to the other side to do shopping and sightseeing (used to leave every 15 minutes and was free of charge). Rooms are small and dark. It all depends on the experience your looking for!

We stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel(http://www.coasthotels.com or 1-800-663-1144), which is a short walk along the water to the Queen Mary. The rest of my family was not looking for the experience of staying on an old ship so we comprised and walked down to see her, had a great and reasonably priced breakfast in what was the old promenade deck and then walked around on our own little tour. My kids loved the ship more they they thought they would. History was actually exciting!!!

We loved seeing her! Also the view of her all lighted at night from the restaurant at our hotel was beautiful. Kind of the best of both!!

Archived