SeaDream 15 October

DownUnder

I am booked to travel from Saville to San Juan on 15th October and am looking forward to the trip much.Has anyone done this trip and if so, how was the weather ? Also, as it is a "re-positioning" cruise I am not too concerned about onboard activities or lack of but what are the chances of a few bridge players on board ?.:)

Hello there DownUnder!

We too are booked for this sailing and are looking forward to cruising on this ship again. The last times we sailed on what were then the Sea Goddess I and II were in 1987/8 and we absolutely loved them. From all that we read, the changes that have been made to them make them even better.

Since that time we have been on a number of other lines and, because we really enjoy the days at sea, seven of our cruises have been transatlantic.

The southern route that we'll be taking should be warm and, hopefully, smooth, though you can never be sure. Sorry, but we are not bridge players so keep on looking and good luck!

• 4 months later...

Well, time is drawing closer for departure and I have been very busy arranging pre & post cruise Itineraries. After two weeks travelling around Andalusia I will be ready for those wonderful 10 days crossing the Atlantic and that should get me ready to brave the chills of Chicago and San Francisco. When I last checked with SeaDream they advised that our cruise was not fully booked and the chance of having a lot of little "ankle bighters" on board would seem slim. Can't wait.

See you on-board

Hello there, Down Under!

Glad to hear that you are are still booked for this sailing.

We too are looking forward to getting back on board the little beauty and seeing the improvements that have been made on board. When we sailed on them in 1987 and 1988 they were new - only 3 years old - and pre-Carnival Cunard had just taken them over from the original owners. Cunard were trying very hard to provide the best of everything, and they pretty well succeeded. Well, I guess we'll soon see how it compares.

Hope you enjoy your time in Andalucia, it should be a good time of year and not as painfully hot as their summer months - but maybe an Aussie could handle the heat, although was too much for us on one trip. Our plans include four days in Seville at the Alfonso XIII.

Looking forward to seeing you on board too.

Well, collected out tickets yesterday so now all that is necessary is to figure out just what to pack. Given the different climate zones we will be travelling through, that is going to be a bit of a problem. Lovely hotel the Alfonso. As we will be in Seville for 5 days prior to sailing we have taken an apartment near the Plaza Nueva. Looking forward to catching up on board.

Archived