Los Angeles- Hollywood to Port?

captaincanuck

We'll be staying in Hollywood before we take a LA cruise and was wondering how much it would cost for a taxi ride all the way down there? or would it be more economical to rent a car? I know that Enterprise is the only car rental in San Pedro, but does anyone know if they can do one-way from Hollywood to San Pedro rentals?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a feeling the taxi would be really expensive as it is quite far between Hollywood and the port. I suggest you call either Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. (Prime Time may be a little cheaper and I believe they have a AAA discount). They will pick you up, take care of your luggage and drive you to the port.

Hi,

I just booked my hotel in San Pedro and had the same question. I think I called every hotel in the area to see if there was free shuttle service. No luck. However, when speaking with the hotels direct, some did offer a discount with Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle if you stayed at their hotel.

Both companies have a website, and you can schedule your pick up on line before you go if you are interested. The cost is about $40 for a van, but it looks like that may be if there are more passengers than just 2.

If you are staying the night before your cruise, all of the hotels I spoke with offer a shuttle to the port.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

I did a further check for you. PrimeTimeShuttle.com quotes $56 for 2 passengers in a shared van (meaning they may pick up other people along the way) from the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel (on Hollywood Blvd near the Kodak theatre) to the LA cruise terminal in San Pedro. If you are a larger group with more luggage, you can get a private van, so they only pick up your group, for about $79. My family and I did this last year when we needed a ride to LAX from our home. Since there were 4 people it was, I think, very reasonable.

If I were you I'd consider renting from Enterprise at the airport and dropping the car in San Pedro. That way you will have the car to use while you are in L.A., and it really is nearly impossible to get around LA without a car.

Someone on another thread said they rented at LAX from Hertz and drove the car to San Pedro the next day, so Hertz must have some arrangement for dropping cars at the cruise terminal as well.

Archived