How to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
British Isles/Western Europe
Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:27 AM.
San Francisco, CA
1,734 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
I have been doing research on how to get from the port of Zeebrugge to Brussels. It is so confusing. I have read about taking a bus from Zeebrugge to Bruges and then a train to Brussels. And something about a coastal tram. And then I read the train station in Zeebrugge is only open June - August. OMG!!

Can anyone tell me the straighforward answer to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels?? Price is not that important - just convenience. I'm okay with buses, trains, whatever. I just can't figure out where everything is in relation to the port.

Thanks =)

Michael
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED!

Crystal Symphony, Crystal Serenity, Seven Seas Voyager, Seven Seas Navigator, Seven Seas Mariner, Maasdam, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Solstice, Azamara Journey, Silver Spirit

UPCOMING!

Celebrity Solstice, Australia & New Zealand

Seabourn Encore, Mediterranean
Azamara Quest, Australia/NYE in Sydney

Azamara Quest, India/Middle East
Romsey England
11,500 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Excellent hourly rail service to Brussels (Bruxelles) from Blankenberge, its the same train as many of your fellow-passengers will be taking as far as Bruges. Do double-check, but I think it leaves at 11mins past the hour.

From Zeebrugge to the rail station at Blankenberge is about 2 to 3 miles. Probably your ship will be running a transfer to the station, on some cruise lines such as P&O its free but it'll only be a few dollars if its charged.
That's your simplest transfer.
Or there'll be taxis at the quayside, but they'll be looking for €50 fares to Bruges & will probably decine the little hop to Blankenberge.
Or the tram, the "kusttram" runs right past the port gate. No tramstop at that point, but it'll be a short walk in one direction or the other. You need to buy a ticket before you board, there'll be a kiosk or a local shop by the tramstop. There's a tramstop right outside the train station in Blankenberge.

For your return train from Brussels, doublecheck if the train splits when it gets to Bruges & make sure you're on the right end of the train for Blankenberge.

Easier than I've made it seem.

JB