Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:05 AM.
Pine Grove, Pa
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
I am searching for our next Christmas cruise & even though I haven't been on my Monsters of Rock cruise yet I decided to do some pricing with MSC and possibly do them instead of the same ole cruise I do with Carnival.

I hate their site so much that I refuse to book with them even if it would be cheaper. Every minute or so a pop up comes up asking you to join their mailing list. If I didn't want to join it the first time it popped up why do they think 10 times later would have me eagerly signing up for it now?

I'm hoping that someone from their cruise line reads this site & see how horrible it is for someone who was 80% ready to go with them but there is no way I will go back over there ever again.
2,919 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by smokey haze
I am searching for our next Christmas cruise & even though I haven't been on my Monsters of Rock cruise yet I decided to do some pricing with MSC and possibly do them instead of the same ole cruise I do with Carnival.

I hate their site so much that I refuse to book with them even if it would be cheaper. Every minute or so a pop up comes up asking you to join their mailing list. If I didn't want to join it the first time it popped up why do they think 10 times later would have me eagerly signing up for it now?

I'm hoping that someone from their cruise line reads this site & see how horrible it is for someone who was 80% ready to go with them but there is no way I will go back over there ever again.
God Bless America!
4,184 Posts
Joined May 2010

Although I did not like MSC's website and also hated the pop-ups, I'm not going to "cut off my nose to spite my face" as my grandmother used to say, and not reserve just due to the website. If I really wanted that itinerary and that cruise date, I would call to talk to someone anyway. I realize it is frustrating when cruise shopping, but some of the TA sites are easier to navigate and can give info on itineraries and prices.

And, IMHO, the websites for Princess and Celebrity are just as equally frustrating to me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PAST CRUISES -

Carnival Liberty - Exotic W. Caribbean, 2014
Carnival Liberty - Exotic W. Caribbean, 2013
RCCL Navigator - Eastern Mediterranean, 2011
Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 2010
Imagination - Western Caribbean 1996
Cruise around the Greek Isles 1980
Pine Grove, Pa
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by wantocruisemore
Although I did not like MSC's website and also hated the pop-ups, I'm not going to "cut off my nose to spite my face" as my grandmother used to say, and not reserve just due to the website. If I really wanted that itinerary and that cruise date, I would call to talk to someone anyway. I realize it is frustrating when cruise shopping, but some of the TA sites are easier to navigate and can give info on itineraries and prices.

And, IMHO, the websites for Princess and Celebrity are just as equally frustrating to me.
I live off of exit 100 on 81 north so that puts me at 3 different ports, all within driving distance, to choose from with plenty of cruises & cruise lines. I hate flying anyhow so I will just stick with Carnival or RCL since they take the time to make their site user friendly. I like the eciteement of doing my own bookings so I never go through a TA.

Itinaries really don't mean a thing to me, I just like being on the seas.

That's the great thing about having the freedom to choose.

I'm just hoping the MSC people see this and maybe do something about those pesty pop ups. I can't be the only one who got that disgusted with them & closed my window.
Yorkshire, UK and Messenia, Greece
2,617 Posts
Joined May 2009
What is more irritating is that even when you finally give in and sign up to the MSC mailings 1) the pop ups still appear and 2) in 6 months and dozens of sign-ups no email has ever arrived from MSC! Now that is irritating.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tim🖖

Waiting to Book
MSC repositioning without solo-occupancy supplement

Booked
'Land Cruise', Crystal Sunrise Queen Resort & Spa, Side, Turkey Jan 2017

Sailed
'Land Cruises', Crystal Sunrise Queen Resort & Spa, Side, Turkey Dec 2015 & Mar 2016. live review
Cunard Queen Mary 2: Southampton, England - New York, USA (7 nights), Dec 2014 live blog
MSC Armonia: Las Palmas, Gran Canaria - Venice, Italy (11 nights), March 2014 live blog
MSC Fantasia: Santos, Brazil - Venice, Italy (17 nights), March 2013 live blog
MSC Musica: Venice, Italy - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (16 nights), November 2012 live blog
RCI Grandeur of the Seas: Palma, Mallorca - Colon, Panama (14 nights), October 2011
RCI Legend of the Seas: Singapore - Dubai, UAE - Rome, Italy (24 nights B2B), May 2009
Cunard QE2: Southampton, England - New York, USA (5 nights), January 2006

Skipper Tim's guide to (almost-free) flights for repositioning cruises
Edinburgh UK
8,123 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Skipper Tim
What is more irritating is that even when you finally give in and sign up to the MSC mailings 1) the pop ups still appear and 2) in 6 months and dozens of sign-ups no email has ever arrived from MSC! Now that is irritating.
It's the same in the UK, although you only get the pop up once and it doesn't appear again after you close it. If you doming up (have done several times because I'd likemto see the latest promos) they don't send you anything. So bitnof a pointless pop up really.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

MSC Orchestra - Eastern Med - Jun 16
MSC Orchestra - Barbados to Genoa - Apr 16
Costa Serena -Arabian Gulf - Mar 15
MSC Armonia - Las palmas to Venice - Mar 14
Costa Fortuna - Arabian Gulf - Jan 14
MSC Musica - Eastern Med & Black Sea - Oct 13
MSC Orchestra - Western Med - Aug 13
MSC Sinfonia - Western Med - May 13
Costa Atlantica - Arabian Gulf - Mar 13
MSC Musica - Greek Isles - Sept 12
MSC Opera - Buenos Aires to Southampton Apr 12
Costa Favolosa - Arabian Gulf - Jan 12
MSC Orchestra - Western Med - Oct 11
Costa Romantica - Indian Ocean - Jan 11
MSC Musica - Venice to Rio - Nov 10
MSC Melody - Med & Black Sea - Jul 10
MSC Sinfonia - Livorno to Durban - Oct-Nov 09
MSC Fantasia - Western Med - Apr 09
MSC Lirica - Dover to Genoa - Sept 08
MSC Lirica - Transatlantic (Fort Lauderdale - Dover) - Mar-Apr 08
MSC Opera - Eastern Med - Sep 07
MSC Opera - - Jul 07
MSC Opera - Eastern & Southern Caribbean - Jan 07
MSC Opera - Western Med - May 06
MSC Opera - Transatlantic (Genoa - Fort Lauderdale) Dec 05-Jan 06
MSC Opera - Eastern Med - Jun 05
Florida
323 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
That pop up is very annoying! I had signed up previously. But when I went to their site to do check in in continually kept popping up! Very irritating when it took twice as long to complete the information needed for check in than it should have. AND I already signed up! Hopefully, this can be fixed soon....
Sunny South
1,339 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
It is horrible, and it doesn't get any better after you book.

Italians are not known for their organizational skills, It's a major complaint about MSC. The CEO's email address is regularly offered on here to get your issues resolved though, so you can take that as a plus or minus.

Me, I take it as a minus.

Bookings, excursions, drink packages, questions, all these things aren't handled well by MSC online.

Don't think you should write them off if you saw something you liked because of it, just know it won't be the same as you are used to, and MSC isn't exclusive with a bad website.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2015 Viking Grand Europe river cruise
2015 CCL Valor East Caribbean
2015 HAL Amsterdam Alaska
2014 RCL Vision of the Seas 7 day Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya
2014 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 12 day: Barcelona, Spain; Marseilles, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Livorno, Italy; Rome, Italy; Naples, Italy; Messina, Italy; Taormina,, Italy; Corfu, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Venice, Italy;
2013 NCL P.O.A 7 day Hawaii: Honolulu, Maui, Kona, Hi-Lo, Kauai
2012 CCL Victory 7 day: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St.Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Marten

2011 CCL Liberty 7 day Cozumel, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Miami, Florida;
2011 RCL Vision of the Seas 11 day: Istanbul, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Ashdod, Haifa, Mykonos
2010 CCL Victory 7 day: San Juan, St. Thomas, sea day, Barbados, St.Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Marten
2010 HAL Ryndam 7 day Alaska: Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Seward
2010 MSC Poesia 7 day: Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Jamacia, Nassau
2009 CCL Victory 7 day: San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St.Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts
2009 NCL Jewel 12 day: London, Dover, Copenhagen, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Paris
2009 NCL Sky 4 day: Miami, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
2008 CCL Glory 7 day: Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Bahamas
2008 HAL Zuiderdam 12 day Med: Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Sicily, Navplion, Katakolon, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Venice
2007 CCL Fascination:4 day, Miami, Key West, Cozumel, Freeport
2006 RCL Majesty of the Seas: 3 night, Miami, Coco Cay, Nassau
ohio, usa
469 Posts
Joined May 2000
i'm glad to know it's not just me that gets the pop-ups.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
kim =^..^=
carnival liberty-10-13
msc poesia-2-13 cancelled
carnival freedom-11-11
carnival valor-10-10
rci-monarch of the seas-9-09
rci-enchantment of the seas-4-08
carnival victory-1-05
norwegian majesty-9-04
carnival fascination-6-04
msc melody-4-03
regal empress-6-02
regal empress-11-01
regal empress-1-01
oceanbreeze/imperial majesty-6-99
premier-oceanbreeze-9-98
premier-seawind crown-9-97
seawind crown-9-96
norwegian norway-9-94
rci-song of america-8-93
rci-nordic empress-10-90
USA
206 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
I must be lucky my pop up blocker stops it every time I go on their site saw it once clicked "No interest" and haven't seen it again.
Pine Grove, Pa
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Irishman45
I must be lucky my pop up blocker stops it every time I go on their site saw it once clicked "No interest" and haven't seen it again.

what program do you have?
2,919 Posts
Joined May 2005
Ok MSC make up your mind this is what I got on your web site after booked excursion

Your shopping cart contains the items you have selected so far.
Please remember that you can modify or cancel the items in this cart up to 4 days before departure.
After this deadline and once onboard, tours and special services change request will not be accepted, while any cancellation will be subject to up to 100% penalty.
Your onboard account will be debited at the time of embarkation.
*Please note child’s rate apply to ages 2-13 for all cruises.

That what I got on my email as a conformation

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for booking your excursions and special services online with MSC Cruises. Below you will find a summary of the items selected. Please remember that you can add or remove items in your cart up to
nine (9) days before departure. For example if your departure date is April 18th, you can add/remove items in your shopping cart until April 9th. After this deadline and once onboard, change requests will not be accepted neither for tours, nor for special services and any cancellation will be subject to a cancellation fee.

So 4 days ot 9 days? And yes, stop with pop-ups)
Pine Grove, Pa
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Looks like they don't have their business together at all. I don't think I would do farther business with them because they just seem too sloppy. If it wasn't for the Monsters of Rock theme cruise I would have never chose them on my own.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
570 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Good morning Cruise Critic friends,

We do appreciate your input and monitor Cruise Critic closely. Your comments have been passed along to see what we can do to better improve our website and online support.

Recently our policy has changed regarding booking excursions and special services online. Originally you must have this completed and any changes or cancellations must be done 9 days prior to sailing; however, it has just changed to 4 days now. This is to allow guests to make any adjustments and become more guest friendly.

Again we appreciate your input and will continue to improve our website and online support.

Sincerely,

MSC Cruises USA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Cruises (USA)
2,919 Posts
Joined May 2005
Looks like they don't have their business together at all. I don't think I would do farther business with them because they just seem too sloppy. If it wasn't for the Monsters of Rock theme cruise I would have never chose them on my own.
No need to go that far. Life is too short to pay attention for small things like that. Good part of it they do listen and fix mistakes.
Pine Grove, Pa
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by MSC Cruises USA
Good morning Cruise Critic friends,

We do appreciate your input and monitor Cruise Critic closely. Your comments have been passed along to see what we can do to better improve our website and online support.

Recently our policy has changed regarding booking excursions and special services online. Originally you must have this completed and any changes or cancellations must be done 9 days prior to sailing; however, it has just changed to 4 days now. This is to allow guests to make any adjustments and become more guest friendly.

Again we appreciate your input and will continue to improve our website and online support.

Sincerely,

MSC Cruises USA
Thank you so much for commenting on this. I really do hope you'll try to make the needed improvements that will, in the long run, improve your business.

I live in Pennslyvania but have to fly to Florida for this cruise. I really don't like to fly anymore since all the security measures were put into action because of 9-11, but I can't rule out ever flying for a cruise again.

The ship's pictures that I have seen look wonderful and I'm hoping this cruise will make up for some minor glitches your website has.
San Francisco Bay Area
602 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hi Smokey, I just noticed that you mentioned Monsters of Rock in your complaint of MSC. I have booked 2 Monsters of Rock cruises, 2012 and 2013 and I have never gone thru MSC directly at all. These theme cruises are coordinated by the "Promotor". In this case, Larry Morand.

If you "Google" Monsters of Rock 2013- cruise you will get dozens of referrences and see how to book, select your cabin, sign up for the drink packages and get all the information about the pre-cruise party on Friday night and evan a fan-driven party on Thursday night. The reps at the promotors office have been excellent, they'll answer any questions you have. I see your frustation but think it's maybe displaced because MSC itself does not coordinate the theme cruises. (that I know of).

We have a good Roll Call started down below so you can meet those that are going on the cruise before we sail. I'll answer any general questions about the cruise that I can for you, you will have a ball. Take a look and sign up! Hope this helps, Cheers!