The Bottom of the Millennium

idssms

I just got back from the Transatlantic on the Millennium and had the Greatest Tour of the Ship one can get!!!

Check my pictures out.

I was the first passenger to ever go below deck minus 2....

It is like a City when you get down to the Engine Room. An unbelievable adventure.

Click here and look for "Bottom of the Ship" on my webshots.

Don (Photos taken with SLR Nikon D100 with SB80X Flash)

Click Here: http://community.webshots.com/user/irwind101

How did you manage to arrange a tour of the engine room? My dad was a Chief Engineer in the (British) Merchant Navy so I would love to have the chance of seeing the engine room of our ship.

Let me tell ya,, it wasnt easy.

Having the Penthouse Suite and taking 3 Celebrity Cruises in the past year must have been a plus but the first few times I asked I was told "NO WAY" for security reasons and for Celebrity Liability reasons since the stairs are very very steep and slippery.

Well,,, one thing lead to another and I mentioned that I was 99.99999% satisfied to "One Particular Person unnamed" and would be 100.000 Percent Satisfied and Dazzzled, etc if I could only see the mystery decks below deck One... I wanted to see every inch of this beautiful ship!!!!

I get a call from this unnamed person and we were told to put on sneakers and older pants for a 3 hour tour of all the lower decks. I was just tickled pink. At the time I was sworn to secrecy which was fine with me. I was the first Passenger to ever go below deck -2. Most crew members NEVER have seen the decks I saw. Even the Hotel Director doesnt have access. Anyway, my persistence (and the fact I spent over $80,000 in the past 2 years crusing with Celebrity) paid off.

I doubt they would ever let another cruiser see these decks again. I was just in the right place at the right time. From what I heard, the person on the ship wired the home office in Miami and got special permission for me to take the tour. We signed about 4 disclosure Forms waiving any liability if we slipped, fell or got burnt or electrocuted.

It was immaculate down there. You could eat off the floors. Pristine Condition.

If you ever get the chance to see 3 floors of machinery, Do so. We walked to much that I was tired at the end of the 3 hour tour.

Of course when I am on the Infinity in March 06 I will bug them again to have a tour of the minus decks.

I swear, it is a small city down there with workers who never come to the top decks, hundreds of them.

My wife took all the pictures and unfortunately didnt get:

The Carpentry shop which had ever wood machine available

The Electrical shop which was huge

The Sanitation Dept which took up the front quarter of the ship

This tour was the highlight of my trip....

Any Questions??

Just ask.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

My review of the cruise in the Penthouse Suite was posted today!!!

Its in the review section at the top of this page.

If you cant find it, post on here and I will help.

Don

Archived