Who downloads photos to an IPOD Photo?

I'm interested in getting a 30g IPOD Photo, for both listening to MP3's and downloading photos from a digital camera. When they came out with the camera connector, it seemed like the IPOD Photo was the perfect device for travelers who like to take alot of pictures. Are there any complaints about the IPOD Photo? (Please don't complain if you think it is too heavy or that you have to use a connector or anything relating to it as a MP3-player. Wish to hear only complaints concerning its downloading photo capabilities.)

I'm interested in getting a 30g IPOD Photo, for both listening to MP3's and downloading photos from a digital camera. When they came out with the camera connector, it seemed like the IPOD Photo was the perfect device for travelers who like to take alot of pictures. Are there any complaints about the IPOD Photo? (Please don't complain if you think it is too heavy or that you have to use a connector or anything relating to it as a MP3-player. Wish to hear only complaints concerning its downloading photo capabilities.)

You might find some answers here:

http://discusssearch.info.apple.com/webx?14@310.qrAJagenXay.1@.689d6c48

The only reason I have not upgraded to an photo ipod is because my ipod 'burped' once and lost all my music. While it was very easy to reload my music - it would not be so easy to reload my stored photos.....

... my ipod 'burped' once and lost all my music. While it was very easy to reload my music - it would not be so easy to reload my stored photos.....

I keep wondering the same thing about folks that rely on laptops. I can understand if you also burn a CD right away. But relying on any hard disk? Not me.

• 4 months later...

We have one, and it's tremendous for carrying a cruise photo presentation or any other topic. We've walked in friends houses, hooked the cable to their tv and bingo, cruise photos, with transitions set to music.

I have the 60 gig version and have a library of photos and music on it.

I DO NOT depend on it for backup, I have a USB 120 gig HD for that, and DVD backups at 4.7 gig a pop.

The photo iPod is a great investment, my family makes me a slideshow of current images and I watch them while I fly to business destinations.

Big boys and expensive toys...

Lee

We have one of the 30GB Ipod Photos and it works beautifully. That said, we still back up everything at the first opportunity. If you haven't purchased yet, you might look at the Nano. It uses flash memory instead of a hard drive and is considerably smaller and less expensive. You can download photos on it also. Photo files take up much less space than audio files, so you can put many photos on either of the Nanos along with a cruise length assortment of songs.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I bought the 30g IPOD Photo in July and my son loves it. I get to store photos and videos in it and he gets to listen to his mp3's. Also, bought a Fuji F10 which is a great indoor camera, excellent resolution and color saturation, and takes excellent video with sound, all in a compact size. Because it of the IPOD, I can take video with my camera (I can only take about 7 min. of video on a 512mb card) and I can shoot higher resolution pictures. The only drawback of my 30g IPOD Photo is its heft. I wish it was the newer 20g IPOD. The newest, 4g IPOD Nano, may be too small if you plan to take video.

• 2 weeks later...

As temporary storage, it's great. For permanent storage, I have my PC hard drive, my external backup hard drive, and CDs.

On vacation my options are: extra memory cards, burn photo CDs, or transfer to some other storage device (iPod). In my mind, the horrible things that could happen in order of likelihood are:

1. I misplace/lose a tiny memory card

2. I accidentally break a photo CD in half

3. The ship sinks

4. My iPod hard drive crashes near the very end of a vacation

So, do I have the same fears that UpYonder and Mountainhouse have? Absolutely. But the convenience is worth it.

Archived