Bar (with a view) near Long Beach Westin?

bankofdad

We're pre-cruising at the Westin in October, and are looking for recommendations for a bar & grill near the Westin for lunch. Anyone have some good ideas? What's the bar like that is in the Westin?

Also, what can be said about dinner on the Queen Mary (at Sir Winston's)? I'm curious to know if anyone has done the "Dinner & Ghost Tour".

Thanks for the help!

They may have another bar in the hotel, but the lobby bar has no view. Within walking distance of the Westin is Pine Street which has several excellent restaurants, the best IMHO being L'Opera; King's Pine St. Fish House is also excellent. You could grab a cab to McCormick & Schmick's (on Shoreline Drive)which is waterfront. I haven't been to the Queen Mary, but there is a Hyatt near it which might have a bar with a view. Be advised that because of the large breakwater, the view of the ocean is completely flat.

Hi:) WOW.....ShorlineVillage looks FANTASTIC:D going in October too! We are staying at the Hilton Long Beach. Is that close to the Village? I love going to those kind of places!!!

Hello Lois: The Queen Mary is permanently docked in Long Beach and is a Hotel and has some very good restaurants in it too. They also have a facinating Bar. The Mural is very interesting and it shows Queen Mary and King George in it and the Artist has put his picture dressed in different attires in it too. I don`t want to spoil it for you because you keep seeing different things in the Painting. I think you would love the Queen Mary if you have time. If you are there on a Sunday they have a wonderful Brunch. Fred and I love to stay on the Queen Mary. They also have tours of the ship and resident ghosts. We have never seen a ghost there yet though. I hope you have a great cruise. Happy Sailing, Joy

Hi Joy:) thanks so much for that information. I won't be arriving in time for the Sunday Brunch but maybe I will try to make time to at least see the Queen Mary.

Sounds fascinating, that is for for sure:)

The Hilton's not too far and if you don't want to walk there is a free bus system to get you there:

http://www.lbtransit.com/pine_avenue.html

Take the Passport A to the Pine Ave Link. you could do the same from the westin or just walk across the Long Beach Convention Center parking lot and your there. If you want a cheap waterfront tour take the Water Taxi from shoreline village back to Pine Ave. for $1 per person and then pick up the free bus. The water taxi is also listed on the link above.

Archived