Windsurf 10-05 Malta to Venice

mark&barbara

We decided to take a cruise to celebrate our anniversary and Barbara's retirement after 32 years of teaching. Hopefully, a great adventure awaits. First tiem on Windsurf, first time to Malta, Venice and ports of call in between, and our first wedding anniversary. Was wondering what clothes we should bring, tips to maximize the enjoyment onboard, tips to get the most out of ports of call, etc... Thanks

My wife and I will be on board (322). We are celebrating our 30th anniversary. My wife also teaches, special reading and ELD. Most say dress is "resort" casual with the emphasis on casual. I bring mostly shorts and light weight polo shirts for day time in port, swim suite (or 2) and tee shirts for on deck relaxation, a couple of light weight slacks (e.g., Dockers) with Tommy Bahama shirts for dinner, plus the usual accessories. This worked well on the Wind Song from Istanbul to Athens. Hope this helps.

We will be staying in Malta for a few days prior to the 12th and in Venice a couple of days after the 19th. John jme45@aol.com

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else was going to be on this cruise. My husband & I will also be aboard. This will be our 6th Windstar cruise. I agree with jmetraveler on the dress. I never saw any men with jackets at dinner - well maybe 1. Women wear nice slacks or skirts/dresses - anything really goes. I like capri pants and twin sets a lot so if the airconditioning gets to you the sweater comes in handy. Also, very good walking shoes are a must!

We have been in Cephalonia before and it is wonderful. These ports all sound nice. We will spend one night in Malta pre-cruise and 2 nights in Venice post. You can check the shore excursion options on the Windstar web site and that may help you decide ahead of time on what you might want to do.

Hope this helps. Dara

My husband and I will also be on board for our 10th anniversary. First time on Windsurf and first cruise. The ports look really interesting, can't wait to explore. We are going to spend 3 nights in Malta and one night post cruise in Venice.

Lisa

Andy & I would be interested in a pre-cruise dinner. We will be staying at Le Meridian in Valetta, Malta 1 night pre-cruise - as long as we're not too crushed from the flight over!. We can stay in touch and make plans as the time gets closer.

Dara

Archived