Triumph-Deck NUMBER or NAME?

emalemi

I'm studying deck plans so I can hopefully navigate more easily aboard the Triumph. Some have said it's tricky.

What would be more helpful? Should I be remembering the deck NUMBERS or NAMES? (Deck 1 or Riveria)

Has anyone noticed when you get into the elevator, what do the buttons have on them? The names of the decks or just a number?

Thanks for any help!

The buttons will have numbers. Across the top of the door will be the name of the deck and the names of places on that deck.

It takes some getting used to but, you can not walk from one end to the other on Decks 3 & 4 (Lobby & Atlantic). So, find out which end of the ship you want to go to, go to the end you want on Deck 5, then takes stairs/elevator down!

Also if you use the front stairs, the deck number for each deck is in the carpet at the base of the stair case. I suggest you bring your deck plans with you. They give you maps but they're not nearly as detailed as the brochures.

The Triumph was the first ship that I noticed they were steering you towards the numbers. All the other ships, including the elevators, referred to the floors by name only. So I learned the names and the order in which they were.

My first time on the Triumph, when I got to my first flloor, and that girl with the Italian or Spanish accent came on and says "DAIK SEEX UPPER", I found that quite cute, but noticed that the numbers all of a sudden had a meaning. Not only did the elevator buttons have numbers, but so did the carpet in front of the eleators AND the stairs.

The new ships elevators just say the number, but my mind still inserts the floor name every time I hear the it talking to me. :eek:

Great thread. Thanks everyone...good information here for those of us going to sail on the Triumph. My trip is not until December..but the information here is going to be very useful!!!

This thread is really helping me! Thanks so much for the tips and which way to get from one place to another. I appreciate it!

I decided to make up a little cheat cheat for everyone in our group.

I typed up the Deck numbers and names and listed ONLY the decks where the action is.

I sized it down to a credit card size, and printed if off.

Then used clear mailing tape as a make shift laminate, and made pocket sized "credit cards" for everyone in our group! I think this might work!

If anyone would like me to email the "cheat cheat" to them, post your addy! Then you can make your own credit cards :-)

They hand these out when you board the ship. You will also find them in your stateroom.

And they are posted all over the ship, specifically at the elevator banks.

Make a mental marker of soemthing early on to designate which direction is forward. I always use the atrium elevators. The side of the atrium on which they reside points to the front of the ship.:cool:

They hand out pocket size deck plans when you board. The Triumph has only one navigational quirk. You can't easily go from the front of the ship to the back on decks 3 & 4.

Don't worry, you'll be an expert 24-36 hours after boarding.

teresag:

It's on the way-let me know if you do not receive.

mrpete/boston:

The maps they leave in your stateroom are very nice, but I wanted to make something smaller. If they don't like them, they can pitch it-LOL!

mrpete:

The atrium is a good spot to use as a guide to pin point where we are-so elevator side=forward

thanks a bunch

Just off the Triumph in March. A warning about the elevator floor voice announcements. You need to actually LOOK at which floor you are on and not listen to the announcement for the floor. What was wrong I don't know but often the elevator voice would say "deck 9 Lido" on the Upper deck 6 and deck 7 at the Lido deck. I can't tell you how many times I got out, only to look down (at the numbers on the carpet) and see I was in the wrong place!! It got to be pretty comical. I should have stopped yammering and watched the elevator numbers light up but...........

Just off the Triumph in March. A warning about the elevator floor voice announcements. You need to actually LOOK at which floor you are on and not listen to the announcement for the floor. What was wrong I don't know but often the elevator voice would say "deck 9 Lido" on the Upper deck 6 and deck 7 at the Lido deck. I can't tell you how many times I got out, only to look down (at the numbers on the carpet) and see I was in the wrong place!! It got to be pretty comical. I should have stopped yammering and watched the elevator numbers light up but...........

Oh my goodness! Now that's confusing! Hmm....this could be interesting after a few cocktails-LOL!

You have a good attitude:-0

LOL....my DD and I had a few good laughs over this last month as well! I can't recall which elevator it was but I do believe that MOST of them had the correct announcement but we sure did find it funny when it was wrong!

This thread is really helping me! Thanks so much for the tips and which way to get from one place to another. I appreciate it!

I decided to make up a little cheat cheat for everyone in our group.

I typed up the Deck numbers and names and listed ONLY the decks where the action is.

I sized it down to a credit card size, and printed if off.

Then used clear mailing tape as a make shift laminate, and made pocket sized "credit cards" for everyone in our group! I think this might work!

If anyone would like me to email the "cheat cheat" to them, post your addy! Then you can make your own credit cards :-)

I did the same thing for our group when we sailed in February on the Conquest....would love for you to email me the cheat sheet for our upcoming Triumph cruise!!!!!! thanks

ceceliajean1@yahoo.com

Archived