Us and Canadian travelers to Europe/ med

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:01 PM.
23,118 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
A visa is special permission to enter a country. For some visas you have to get them in advance and they are stamped into your passport. For some countries you get them onboard and the cost in added to your onboard account. Most European countries do not require a visa but if you are going to countries in Africa or the Middle East you may require a visa. Your cruise line should let you know well in advance if you need to get any visas in advance.

You might want to look at this article.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Blogs
World Voyage Blog -
A Winter Crossing -
The Sail-Away Gang's Cruise -
Fall Foliage Cruise -
South Pacific/North to Alaska -
Around the World Again -

Evangeline - Nassau - 1960
Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt - EB TA - 1962
Queen Mary - WB TA - 1962
Raffaello - Caribbean - 1968
MV Three Gorges - Yangtze River - 1988
Atlas - Nile River - 1995
Olympic - Aegean Sea - 1996
Constellation - Baltic Sea - 2005
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean - 2012
Queen Elizabeth - World Voyage 2014
Queen Elizabeth - Southampton to Fort Lauderdale - 2015

Westerdam - FLL to Seattle with the "Sail-away Gang" - 2015
Liberty of the Seas - Canada/New England - 2015
Westerdam - Hawaii, Tahiti, and the Marquesas with the "Pearls of the Pacific" - 2016
Nieuw Amsterdam - Alaska - 2016
95,295 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
You will likely not need a visa for most European Countries.

Be sure that your Passport does not expire within six months or less from your return from this trip.

Greenville, SC, USA
52,815 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Russia is the only European country we have needed a visa for. And that is only when you are either staying there or want to go off on your own. If you are just taking ship excursion or private excursions booked in advance the visa is taken care of.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature