Meet & Mingle . . . Cost?

didytak

This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!

This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!

The cost is zero. You might even get lucky and get vip status.

What exactly is the role of the 'host' of a Meet & Mingle?

To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.

Thanks in advance!

I just set one up for my July 14th sailing.

Let me know if you need any info!

To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.

Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.

Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.

I organized out Meet & Greet on the Gem earlier this year. I kept a running list of attendees on our roll call (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500457&highlight=eastern+caribbean)

I periodically updated NCL; and about two weeks before the cruise, I with sent them the final headcount. On the day of the event, our on-board group events coordinator showed up with a sign-up sheet and preprinted sticky name tags.

One of my fellow attendees organized a Super Bowl Pool and also organized a slot pull.

I would term ours as a great success... we had more than 60 cruisers in attendance.

Good Luck with yours "didytak"

I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!

Hosting/Coordinating is free, except for your time. For the M&G I coordinated, I created a Google Doc spreadsheet so everyone could fill out their info. It was great and easy to track the number of attendees. Lots of people pop into the M&G thread without looking back so you post the important info several times (date/time/location). Overall, it was a great experience and I loved my M&G group!

We did the M&G and slot pull. The slot pull was a lot of fun and we even came out $1 ahead (each!). Luckily another person volunteered to organize the slot pull. I think that was more work than the M&G!

I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!

I set up a special email account and asked our attendees send me a short message with info on their special celebrations... birthdays, anniversaries, etc, along with their full name and cabin number. I had a copy with me on the cruise and I also provided NCL with the info as well. I know I received a birthday surprise from the captain... DW & I enjoyed a very nice dinner at Moderno.

Archived