Viking Star 2015 Cruisers List

rblevow

I mined the postings as best I could and came up with a list of cruisers posting to CC who are booked on the Viking Star. The list is contained in the attached pdf file. I'll try to update the list periodically until it either gets too large to be manageable or we get separate roll calls for each of the cruises. Please respond to this thread with any additions or corrections.

-- roy --

VS Roll Call.pdf

Hi Roy, echo Carol's thanks for compiling this VS booking list.

A few changes and adds:

EnglishUSA and Rachel G are not doing Empires, but are booked with us on Vikings Homeland. Harbormaster canceled Viking Homelands

Also, CCrs; bsrkent/Steve & Barb, sue&ron/Sue and Ron are also booked on Vikings Homelands. Our friends John & Leslie are also booked on VHomelands, will try to get John to join CC over the fourth of july weekend. Finally, another CCr, Latingirl/Joselyn and Julio are now in the process of booking VHomelands--will let u know when they book Ron.

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Wes, Thanks for the updates. Here's a new version with those bookings. Also added cruiser names where I have them. Count is now 22. -- roy --

boomerone=Janie and John from Seattle on Viking Homelands May 16

Edited by boomerone
sp

I mined the postings as best I could and came up with a list of cruisers posting to CC who are booked on the Viking Star. The list is contained in the attached pdf file. I'll try to update the list periodically until it either gets too large to be manageable or we get separate roll calls for each of the cruises. Please respond to this thread with any additions or corrections.

-- roy --

Captainmcd we are John and Ines McDonnell, and are on the maiden voyage. Thanks for your efforts in making this list. It seems like a long way off, but time flies!

Great idea, Roy! I am Becki and my husband is Garrett and we are on the 4/11/15 Empires of the Mediterranean. Also joining us are our friends, Janet and Neil, but they do not participate on CC. We met Janet and Neil on a Viking 'Tulips & Windmills' cruise in April '13, and we will be cruising with them on a Passage to Eastern Europe in June '14 on the Viking Rinda as well.

Great idea, Roy! I am Becki and my husband is Garrett and we are on the 4/11/15 Empires of the Mediterranean. Also joining us are our friends, Janet and Neil, but they do not participate on CC. We met Janet and Neil on a Viking 'Tulips & Windmills' cruise in April '13, and we will be cruising with them on a Passage to Eastern Europe in June '14 on the Viking Rinda as well.

Lee and Mary Jane just signed up for May 2, 2015....."Passage thru Western Europe"...good thing we didn't wait much longer..v1 has just one cabin left and v2 is sold out.

Andy...any chance of adding a 'roll call', option on the forum for Viking Ocean?

Added 6 new cruisers: JJean, Emmasoma, sitraveler, svnseas, Ottawa traveler, kathy9. A couple of them are from the roll calls under other lines. This brings the total to 32.

Just to let you know, I am the other half of sitraveler. We are Lou and Marsha Meyer, booked on 4/11/15 first two legs, Istanbul to Barcelona. Thanks

Just to let you know, I am the other half of sitraveler. We are Lou and Marsha Meyer, booked on 4/11/15 first two legs, Istanbul to Barcelona. Thanks

Penny and I will be hooking up with you then :-) What cabin did you`go for? We're a DV1 on Deck 8, 8013...

I just find myself wondering what decks people gravitate to. I've gone as high as possible on the boat, but then I'm physically immune to seasickness/vertigo/dizziness so I don't worry about motion. Since I'm a photographer, I like being only steps away from the weather deck. We chose the starboard side because that will be the shoreward side of the ship for most of the cruise... Or so I assume, anyway :-)

We just booked the Viking Empire, Istanbul to Stockholm. We're on deck 8 for most of the cruise, but unfortunately we have to shift staterooms twice, and the last leg we are on deck 5. Can't believe all the staterooms on deck 8 are already booked for the Baltic leg, but we will keep checking back with Viking in case a stateroom on deck 8 opens up. We also have to change rooms in Venice, but at least we're on the same floor (8) and only have to shift down two rooms. Our names are Joe and Elizabeth. Really looking forward to the cruise - we should certainly all know one another pretty well since this is so far away. Never booked a cruise this far in advance before!

-- roy --

Thanks Roy for pointing this out to me. I am Leslie from Ottawa booked on the July 25 trip Scandinavia to Spain.

Leslie

Heard today from Viking Cruises, they are moving towards adopting an official Cruise Critic meet & Mingle program--will be a win-win for both Viking River cruises and Viking Oceans along with Cruise critic--all winners. Giving CC more visibility/views and leading to wonderful camaraderie on board Viking as well as leading to many, many more repeat bookings. Also, as in the deposit refund snafu thread below Viking Cruises told me, they will maintain a recurring presence on this forum, similar to the presence they maintain on the River cruise forum.

Heard today from Viking Cruises, they are moving towards adopting an official Cruise Critic meet & Mingle program

That's great news.:) The increased opportunity to get to know fellow cruisers should be particularly beneficial when we are all new to the ship and the line.