Lunch by the pool

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:38 PM.
Massachusetts
175 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
For anyone that has been on the Breakaway, on sea days do they set up the BBQ lunch by the pool. They did this when we were on the Jewel a couple of years ago and really enjoyed.

Thanks
Cleveland Area
167 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
No BBQ lunch by the pool. However, food from Uptown cafe not far from pool area if you want a quick bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph 5/2002
Carnival Liberty 2/2007
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 8/2008
Carnival Imagination 7/2012
NCL BREAKAWAY 6/2013
On Deck: Epic Western Mediterranean 7/2014 (FINALLY!)
Sights Set On: Quantum Bermuda Summer 2015 (???)
PA
353 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by KiddieKruzer
No BBQ lunch by the pool. However, food from Uptown cafe not far from pool area if you want a quick bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aww, too bad. We were previously on the Gem and Dawn and enjoyed them BBQ ing by the pool. I know the Garden Cafe was right around the corner from the pool on those ships, but I liked the ambience ....

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Gem 3/2008
NYC to Florida/Bahamas
Norwegian Dawn 6/2010
NYC to Bermuda
Norwegian Breakaway 12/2013
NYC to Florida/Bahamas
Norwegian Breakaway 2/2018
NYC to Florida/Bahamas
24 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by baflagg
For anyone that has been on the Breakaway, on sea days do they set up the BBQ lunch by the pool. They did this when we were on the Jewel a couple of years ago and really enjoyed.

Thanks
They do not do this on Breakaway. Uptown Grill was pretty disappointing IMO. They have almost the same menu everyday -- 3 kinds of meatballs.
Maryland
1,912 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by CarolCarol
They do not do this on Breakaway. Uptown Grill was pretty disappointing IMO. They have almost the same menu everyday -- 3 kinds of meatballs.
They had sandwiches, hot dogs, and hamburgers, along with meatball subs on my sailing. Also waffle fries, and mini pies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sky - 10/18/10 - 10/22/10
NCL Epic - 01/07/12 - 01/14/12
NCL Breakaway - 05/19/13 - 05/26/13
NCL Getaway - 10/18/14 - 10/25/14
NCL Breakaway - 05/10/15 - 05/17/15
NCL Escape - 12/12/15 - 12/19/15

24 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by SliceOfLife
They had sandwiches, hot dogs, and hamburgers, along with meatball subs on my sailing. Also waffle fries, and mini pies.
Yes, they had fries and mini pies. You could ask them to make you a sandwich, but they had a very limited selection.

But Gem was much better.