This cruise (this coming Sunday!) there are only 4 of us girls going. We are doing late dining again, and of course the thought that we might get tablemates this time around (thinking it would be really awesome if they found and paired us up with another group of girls travelling together!). I am kind of nervous tho, especially after reading the "awkward table mates" post.
- We like to have a drink with dinner, we like to talk and laugh and have fun. We are not loud, nor are we trying to draw attention to ourselves, but we are on vacation so having a drink (though we are all lightweights so we dont drink a ton!) and laughing and having fun is what we do. After reading that post it seems having a drink talking and laughing may offend some people.
- Though we are completely open-minded (very liberal) and could care a less about a persons sexuality, race, religion, etc. we would be upset if seated with people who dress like theyre at a baseball game (shorts, tshirts, hats, flip flops) or a farm (overalls). We by no means dress in ball gowns, but we do dress nicely for dinner (cocktail dresses for elegant night and sundresses and nice sandals or heels on the other nights) and really feel people should have respect for the dress code and at least look presentable and would feel awkward if we are in our dresses or skirts sitting across from someone wearing a backwards baseball cap.
- Though no one is perfect, I can also say I will lose my appetite if seated with someone with gross bad manners (chew with mouth open, talk with mouth full, etc) I can ignore those who put their elbows on the table and pass things across the table, but I cant eat dinner with someone who chomps with their mouth open or talks with their mouth full.
- I will never start a conversation about religion or politics with people I dont know well, but if someone else started one and their views were opposite of mine they will not like my answer. Like I said, I would NEVER bring it up with strangers but if someone else felt the need to....
- Since we are travelling with no husbands and kids, would rather not get seated with a family with kids.
Please dont read me wrong, We really are nice, fun, girls and made lots of friends on our last cruise. We really want to meet new people and make friends this time around too, but are kind of nervous at the same time, after reading that other thread, about getting a bad match and having it ruin the dining experience, which we loved so much last year.
Should we chance it or just request a table for just us?