“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Florida
3,636 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hello everyone…
Welcome to "Live" from the "Enchantment of the Seas!"
I'm excited to begin another “Live” cruise trip report from the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas as I begin a new cruise adventure! Whilst I was aboard the Jewel of the Sea's this past April, Live report HERE, I was going to book a cruise on this ship to sail in September but seemed to never get to it. That booking while on the Jewel never occurred so this turned into a last minute cruise booking with me booking it a week out for sailing on July 22, 2013. Wait, I know you are going to say...but you're cruising on July 19th not July 22nd. Alright so then I booked sailing on the July 19th cruise this past Tuesday, three days out. Spontaneity for both of these cruises are in full force, sorry to anyone that's OCD and must plan things out way in advance! :-) Originally I had this time off from work to go to and be in a wedding, along with spending a week with various family members in the Boston area. Well the wedding got called off (Got word on Friday, July 12,2013), so rather than keep my plans of flying north, I kept my vacation time and booked this cruise in its place. (Reasonable swap to me, don't you think?)

I'm excited to be going back aboard the "Enchantment of the Seas", for a 2nd time as a more experienced cruiser! (Believe this is cruise #19, #5 with Royal, the second leg of the B2B should make me Platinum, Wahoo..now my cruise in November aboard the Freedom of the Seas will be a Platinum cruise, for what thats worth.) The first time I sailed Enchantment of the Seas was back in September 2007, with that cruise being my first with Royal Caribbean and of course I loved it. Seeing the many "Live" reports by Radio over the past couple years has made me want to get back on this ship even more. I was so excited when I had learned last year that Enchantment would be replacing Monarch of the Seas.

I did this same cruise (three day) last year this same weekend whilst I was aboard the lovely Monarch of the Seas, that cruise was my very first "Live" trip report. This cruise will be my fifth "Live" trip report. My cruise last summer on the Monarch was an exciting trip, we got evacuated off CoCo Cay within an hour or so after the island opened because of a storm that suddenly rolled in, lets see what fun adventures this trip brings. That "Live" trip report aboard the Monarch of the Seas is located HERE.
My plan is to have additional photos posted HERE along with what I place on this "Live" trip report throughout both cruises. With my trip reports I try to make them more of a report than a review. It's also my goal to make you the reader feel like your on the ship, even if it is just virtually. That's my attempt each time, not sure I always fully succeed though.

Tomorrow morning, Friday, July 19, 2013 I'll venture from Tampa and board the Enchantment of the Seas in Port Canaveral.
Our itinerary during the next 3 days and 3 nights:

Then...
Just when you thought you had enough... Why not cruise back to back!
Our itinerary during the next 4 days and 4 nights:

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax with one of your favorite beverages as we watch, participate and begin new cruise adventures.
Bing Bong...oh wait, that's cruise director Marc Walkers line. <retract>
Till a later time...

[/url]

Enchantment of the Seas statistics
Tons: 80,700
Length: 990 ft.
Decks: 11
Speed: 22 knots
Passenger: 2,446
In Service: 1997
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas. February 18, 2018
Symphony of the Seas. October 28, 2018

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy. Nov 24-27,2000. Report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Central Illinois
117,461 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Hey, you're confusing me by posting a photo of Voyager at Labadee.

Looking forward to your review.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Florida
3,636 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by clarea
Hey, you're confusing me by posting a photo of Voyager at Labadee.

Looking forward to your review.
Good catch, thanks. I put the wrong link on. Think I corrected. Can't start out a "Live" report with the wrong ship.

Also not sure why my font is so small either, sorry to those reading. The rest of my report shouldn't be like that as I won't be copy and pasting from word. Copy and pasting from word to this shouldn't be that difficult, but for some reason it never moves over without some kind of formatting hitch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Central Illinois
117,461 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by MrFunInTheSun
Good catch, thanks. I put the wrong link on. Think I corrected. Can't start out a "Live" report with the wrong ship.

Also not sure why my font is so small either, sorry to those reading. The rest of my report shouldn't be like that as I won't be copy and pasting from word. Copy and pasting from word to this shouldn't be that difficult, but for some reason it never moves over without some kind of formatting hitch.
That looks like good old Enchantment, pre-stretch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Tampa
460 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Going on my first Royal cruise aboard the Enchantment in September, so I'm thrilled to read along. Have a GREAT cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Heather
-----
Upcoming Cruises:
November 24, 2017 - Majesty of the Seas

My Cruises:
NH
4,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Looking forward to your review! I haven't been on Enchantment since 2008 and am curous to see how she is on the shorter trips.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Completed:
October 23, 2014 ~ RCI Vision of the Seas ~ JS 8592 ~ 4 Night ~ Ft. Lauderdale, Cozumel, Ft. Lauderdale
October 28, 2013 ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas ~ SOV 9032 ~ 4 Night ~ Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West, Miami

August 13, 2012 ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas ~ SOV 9032 ~ 4 Night ~ Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West, Miami

June 26, 2011 ~ Majestic Elegance Punta Cana ~ 5 Night All inclusive
June 20, 2011 ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas ~ JS 1580 ~ 4 Night ~ Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West, Miami (Wedding Cruise)
June 24, 2010 ~ By the Beautiful Sea ~ 7 Night ~ Key West
June 8, 2009 ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas ~ SOV 9532 ~ 4 Night ~ Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West, Miami
October 13, 2008 ~ RCI Enchantment of the Seas ~ OV 4556 ~ 5 Night ~ Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Belize, Ft. Lauderdale
October 19, 2007 ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas ~ OV 4554 ~ 3 Night ~ Miami, Coco Cay, Bahamas, Miami
Tampa, FL
2,709 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Have a Great Time!

Look forward to this review, as I'm curious about the updates!

Please take a picture of the Schooner Bar! Enchantment has my favorite in the fleet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Michael

Diamond Plus

Future Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Feb 2, 2018 - Super Bowl
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 3, 2018
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 8, 2018

Anthem of the Seas ~ Oct 19, 2018
Brilliance of the Seas ~ Jan 26, 2019

Brilliance of the Seas ~ Jan 31, 2019 - Super Bowl

Past Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2017
Empress of the Seas ~ Oct 2017
Harmony of the Seas ~ Sept 2017
Majesty of the Seas ~ Aug 2017
Oasis of the Seas ~ May 2017
Majesty of the Seas ~ Feb 2017

Majesty of the Seas ~ Jan 2017 B2B2B
Harmony of the Seas ~ Nov 2016
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2016
Empress of the Seas ~ Sept 2016
Empress of the Seas ~ July 2016
Allure of the Seas ~ June 2016
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 2016 B2B
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Feb 2016
Majesty of the Seas ~ Oct 2015
Freedom of the Seas ~ Jun 2015
Oasis of the Seas ~ March 2015
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Jan 2015
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Dec 2014
Liberty of the Seas ~ Nov 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ June 2014
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Jan 2014
Oasis of the Seas ~ Nov 2013
Navigator of the Seas ~ March 2013
Monarch of the Seas ~ Oct 2012 B2B
Allure of the Seas ~ June 2011
Independence of the Seas ~ March 2010
Navigator of the Seas ~ Jan 2010
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2009
Liberty of the Seas ~ May 2008
Celebrity Millenium ~ June 2005
Carinval Valor ~ Dec 2004
Navigator of the Seas ~ June 2003
Explorer of the Seas ~ July 2001
Carnival Imagination ~ May 1998

My guest post on RCCL - CEO Adam Goldstein's Blog:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connec...michael-poole/

[email protected]
South Carolina
9,684 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I am anxious to hear your reports, especially after you sailed the same cruise on the Monarch.

enjoy
M
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising !

favorite cruise? - the most recent!
Ottawa, Illinois
12,282 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Excellent! Looking forward to another live report from you, especially since my next one is still a ways off

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chris

Future cruises

Enchantment of the Seas(Super Bowl cruise!) 2/02/17
Norwegian Bliss 8/04/18
Norwegian Getaway 10/14/18
Celebrity Edge 3/24/19
Someone hurry up and open up MSC Seaside for the second half of 2019!!!

Past cruises:
MS Eurodam November 12th, 2011
Ruby Princess April 1st, 2012
Oasis of the Seas October 13th, 2012
Celebrity Silhouette April 7th, 2013
Allure of the Seas November 17th, 2013 and April 27th, 2014
Quantum of the Seas April 12th, 2015
Regal Princess November 3rd and 8th, 2015
Oasis of the Seas May 7th, 2016
Liberty of the Seas October 30th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas April 22nd, 2017
Norwegian Escape October 14th, 2017
Dumfries - Scotland
1,568 Posts
Joined May 2010
Look forward to reading your review especially seeing how you get on without the alcohol package - we're cruising again in September and thinking of not taking this package this time too.

Louise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises :-

May 2011 Grandeur of the Seas
September 2011 P&O Ventura
May 2013 Splendour of the Seas
September 2013 Adventure of the Seas
May 2015 Celebrity Eclipse
September 2015 P&O Britannia
June 2016 NCL Jade
September 2016 Navigator of the Seas
Florida
432 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
looking forward to sailing with you :-)

Taking the 4 night on Enchantment in September, so I'm excited.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kelly

Oasis of the Seas 6/10/18
Independence of the Seas 3/16/17
Norwegian Sky 2/26/16
Enchantment of the Seas 9/23/13
Liberty of the Seas 9/22/07
Explorer of the Seas 10/23/05
Sovereign of the Seas 2/04
Voyager of the Seas 11/02
Carnival Fantasy 12/99
Big Red Boat 11/90
London
231 Posts
Joined May 2013
Looking forward to reading your review. Due to go on 1st cruise on 19th August so this will be a nice appetiser

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app
Florida
3,636 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by welshrich
Can't wait for this, we are sailing on her 8 weeks tomorrow so looking forward ot reading about this itinerary.
Thanks for following along. 8 Weeks will be here before you know it.

Originally posted by GraphicsChyk
Going on my first Royal cruise aboard the Enchantment in September, so I'm thrilled to read along. Have a GREAT cruise!
Thanks for following along. You'll have a great cruise in September.

Originally posted by aurelius180
Looking forward to your review! I haven't been on Enchantment since 2008 and am curous to see how she is on the shorter trips.
Thanks for following along. Last time I was on this ship was in 2007 when we sailed out of Ft Lauderdale, will certainly be different only going to two ports.

Originally posted by mpoole3
Have a Great Time!

Look forward to this review, as I'm curious about the updates!

Please take a picture of the Schooner Bar! Enchantment has my favorite in the fleet.
Thanks for following along Michael. I'll certainly have pictures of the Schooner Bar...one of my most favorite bars on all the RC ships I've been on so far. Can't wait to see the updates too. When I get back I'll have to go back and read your B2B you did like this last year on the Monarch.

Originally posted by cruisegirl1
I am anxious to hear your reports, especially after you sailed the same cruise on the Monarch.

enjoy
M
Thanks for following along. Am sure it'll be great, hopefully we won't get evacuated off Coco Cay like we did last year. Good news is if we do, at least I've two chances to make it.

Originally posted by Bugsy4271
Excellent! Looking forward to another live report from you, especially since my next one is still a ways off

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app
Thanks for following along Chris! Hopefully I can live up to your "Live" trip reports. Looks like we are sailing the same times again this fall, in fact the exact same weeks except you'll be on the Allure of the Seas and I'll be on the Freedom of the Seas. Two dueling "Live" trip reports the same week in November. The CC boards will be hopping. Only thing that would make that week better is if Radio and Trainman cruise that week too and do their "Live" trip reports.

Originally posted by louhun88
Look forward to reading your review especially seeing how you get on without the alcohol package - we're cruising again in September and thinking of not taking this package this time too.

Louise
Thanks for following along. It certainly will be different this trip without the drink package but think I'll manage. During the last trip on the Jewel I don't think I got my monies worth. Guess that makes me a quitter since I didn't try hard enough.

Originally posted by kelleigh229
looking forward to sailing with you :-)

Taking the 4 night on Enchantment in September, so I'm excited.
Thanks for following along. I'm looking forward to my 4 nigher portion too. You're cruise in September will be grand!

Originally posted by luvseaair
Looking forward to reading your review. Due to go on 1st cruise on 19th August so this will be a nice appetiser

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app
Thanks for following along. Congrats on your first cruise in August! You'll have a super time and welcome to what will soon be your new addiction!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
3,636 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Back from work.. think I should pack tonight or tomorrow morning?

It's my plan to hand over my dog to my neighbors around 9:30 in the morning and then be on the road for Port Canaveral by 10:00.

Hope to be at port and on the ship by 12:30-1:00.

Wahoo! Hard to believe my unplanned cruise is now...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Tampa, FL
2,709 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by MrFunInTheSun

Thanks for following along Michael. I'll certainly have pictures of the Schooner Bar...one of my most favorite bars on all the RC ships I've been on so far. Can't wait to see the updates too. When I get back I'll have to go back and read your B2B you did like this last year on the Monarch.

Thanks!

Yes the very same ports of call, in the same order!

You will love the last night on cruise 1 because everyone is so sad, but you are still smiling!

I'll be following and wish you the most enjoyable trip.

-Michael
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Michael

Diamond Plus

Future Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Feb 2, 2018 - Super Bowl
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 3, 2018
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 8, 2018

Anthem of the Seas ~ Oct 19, 2018
Brilliance of the Seas ~ Jan 26, 2019

Brilliance of the Seas ~ Jan 31, 2019 - Super Bowl

Past Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2017
Empress of the Seas ~ Oct 2017
Harmony of the Seas ~ Sept 2017
Majesty of the Seas ~ Aug 2017
Oasis of the Seas ~ May 2017
Majesty of the Seas ~ Feb 2017

Majesty of the Seas ~ Jan 2017 B2B2B
Harmony of the Seas ~ Nov 2016
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2016
Empress of the Seas ~ Sept 2016
Empress of the Seas ~ July 2016
Allure of the Seas ~ June 2016
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 2016 B2B
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Feb 2016
Majesty of the Seas ~ Oct 2015
Freedom of the Seas ~ Jun 2015
Oasis of the Seas ~ March 2015
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Jan 2015
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Dec 2014
Liberty of the Seas ~ Nov 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ June 2014
Brilliance of the Seas ~ March 2014
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Jan 2014
Oasis of the Seas ~ Nov 2013
Navigator of the Seas ~ March 2013
Monarch of the Seas ~ Oct 2012 B2B
Allure of the Seas ~ June 2011
Independence of the Seas ~ March 2010
Navigator of the Seas ~ Jan 2010
Enchantment of the Seas ~ Oct 2009
Liberty of the Seas ~ May 2008
Celebrity Millenium ~ June 2005
Carinval Valor ~ Dec 2004
Navigator of the Seas ~ June 2003
Explorer of the Seas ~ July 2001
Carnival Imagination ~ May 1998

My guest post on RCCL - CEO Adam Goldstein's Blog:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connec...michael-poole/

[email protected]
Florida East Coast
1,212 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Awesome, can't wait to follow along with you. Love the Enchantment!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:

Majesty of the Seas Jan 15 2018

Sailed:
Grandeur of the Seas July 2007
Grandeur of the Seas June 2008
Serenade of the Seas April 2009
Grandeur of the Seas April 2010
Navigator of the Seas Feb 2011
Rhapsody of the Seas June 2011
Jewel of the Seas January 2012
Enchantment of the Seas May 2012
Grandeur of the Seas May 2013
Enchantment of the Seas Sept 2013
Brilliance of the Seas Jan 2016
Brilliance of the Seas Feb 11 2017
Georgia
1,016 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
I'd love to read your live reports, but wait...we'll be on the ship ourselves! We found out on Saturday that we needed to evacuate our house for several days for some remodeling, so like you, we booked this cruise on Monday. Crazy trying to get it all together while moving everything out of the lower level of our house! (We didn't think about a B2B --that was a good idea!)

It's overcast here in PC this morning, but I can see the ship in port from our window at the Radisson. Hope we have a great weekend on board, and I'll look forward to checking in on your posts from cruise #2!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Inspiration July '05
Caribbean Princess July'06
Crown Princess November '08
Carnival Dream June '11

Carnival Legend June '12
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas July '13
Celebrity Reflection November '13
Carnival Breeze June '14
Celebrity Reflection December '14--Christmas Cruise!
Celebrity Reflection Thanksgiving '15--Third time's a charm!
MSC Divina July '16---4th of July Getaway!
MSC Divina July '17--First B2B Cruise!
Elmhurst, IL, USA
1,649 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Looking forward to following along on your adventure.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kimberly

Future Travel

Our favorite cruise experience:
Favorite Tour: Keishi Tours - Swimming with the sharks in Bora Bora:Before we got in...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPF_PeiHSP4
and then in the water with them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjr8Vwghm0
Favorite Ship: Allure of the Seas
Favorite Cabin: Sky Loft Suite on Ovation of the Seas (with Star Class Service - WOW!!!!)