Blue Lagoon?

sportsterjohn

Ok, I finally figured out my family vacation for this summer. Now it's time to figure out the shore excursions. Can anyone tell me about Blue Lagoon island / stingray city?

NCL Sea 3/03

RCCL Sovereign 10/03

NCL Dream 3/7/2004

CCL Jubilee 7/24/2004

Hi fellow Georgian! I just went on a cruise Apr. 25 to Nassau & Freeport, and Blue Lagoon was gorgeous! I couldn't have imagined a prettier place, and I will go back again soon hopefully! I have beautiful pictures if you want to see them...email me at jewel0432@aol.com. The place was great for a relaxing, fun day, and you don't have to spend the extra money to do the dolphin encounter or the snorkel with stingrays to have a great time. We did the sting ray snorkel, and it was neat, but not as nice as some other places I have read reviews on. I got "sucked" by one of them during the feeding frenzy, and that wasn't much fun, though I had a great story to tell later! You had to float around in this penned off area and you really couldn't go down & swim with them because you had to wear a life-vest that wouldn't allow you to dive down...I even tried deflating mine so I could get underwater, but there was no way. You also couldn't stand up...the water was about 10 feet deep, and you go down stairs to get in there. If I did it again, I'd make sure it was a place where you walked into the water from the shore, and could get as shallow as you wanted in order to see them better and get closer. But the island itself was heaven on earth!

CCL Fantasy July 20, 2003 Bahamas

CCL Fantasy April 25, 2004 Bahamas

Hey Sportsterjohn!

I cant tell you about Stingray City but I can tell you a little about Blue Lagoon! DH & I were alone on this cruise but next time we take our 3 young children I would not hesitate to take them to Blue Lagoon! icon_biggrin.gif

DH & I did the Blue Lagoon shore tour. There were Hammocks everywhere for people to lounge on, some picnic tables, and a large pavilion where food could be bought & you could sit & eat under.(We did not eat anything while on island so cant tell you anything about food.) There was a open air bar with stools around it, a Gift shop, a couple of ladies with jewelry & gifts displayed on picnic tables, & these same ladies did hair braiding! There was a booth/pavilion where you could rent non motorized water equipment, & snorkel equipment. Bathrooms & outside showers for rinsing off the sand! I dont know if there was anywhere to leave your things or not while everybody is in the water! I am still in a bledsoe boot b/c of a fractured ankle so I did not go in the water! I saw alot of people just let their things in a hammock & go off for long periods of time! I just relaxed in my hammock as my DH brought me Strawberry daiquiris($6) & Pina coladas($6)! Oh to be waited on again like that!!

Hope that helps!!

Kelly

Carnival Fascination 5/04

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it’s actually an island. I was told that it’s a little north of Paradise Island. There are boats around the cruise ship docks that offer tours of Blue Lagoon. I found some info on a google search. Here is a link.http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/experience/vendordetail.aspx?sectionid=49410&rightsectionid=49410&level=2&supplierid=17142

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;06;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we cruise on the Fantasy!

Archived