How many photos do you need?

m steve

I can't believe that every time you get on and off a ship they need to take pictures and slow up the lines. When i have soomewhere I want to go, I hate that I am delayed by hoards of photograpers and people that NEED a picture of themselves at every opportunity. Most of the posted pictures would scare small children and pets!

:p

Not too much of a problem - I haven't been held up by a line for photographs in 6 cruises over 6 years...and I haven't had a ship photo taken of me in the same amount of time.

You just bypass the photographers...non-photo people make a mini-carpool lane of their own off to the left and as a new group is lining up to have their photo taken, 5 or 6 groups can squeeze past in the fast lane.

I just walk fast, give them a big smile, and a friendly 'no thank you!'. Works like a charm.

But you gotta give a break to first time cruisers, or people who don't usually carry their own cameras - they often want those ship photos as their only real memories of the cruise...even if the photos are bad enough to scare the pets.

• 2 weeks later...

Just go around the line for the photos. We actually like the photos that the cruise line takes as traveling with just the two of us we like to have some photos of both of us in them,I am not to crazy about handing a camera that cost me over $1000.00 to a complete stranger to take a picture of the two of us together, so the ship photos I actually like. Hope that you will be able to just go past the line on your next cruise so that you will not be held up and the rest of us can have our scrapbook photos of the two of us.

I take 300 to 400 pictures myself, when we cruise. But, we also buy many of the photos the ship takes / sells for a small fortune, as well. We like the studio setups, and the opportunity to bring home some of our memories. Long after the shirts have worn out, our pictures will be there to remind us of the places we have been together.

Kenny

I solved this problem by carrying a camera/lens combination that was superior to theirs. Everytime they pointed their camera at me I pointed mine at them. Problem solved.

Don't get upset at folks NEEDING to have their pic taken at every opportunity though. They're on vacation too. And unless you're a movie star of some kind, did you ever consider your pic might be a little scary too?

I can take higher quality pictures than they can as well, but I like their backgrounds. I carry a pocket sized tripod with me, but that wouldn't allow me to set up properly in front of their setups (which you aren't supposed to do anyway). I just consider it as part of the cruise experience, and buy the ones I like.

I can't believe that every time you get on and off a ship they need to take pictures and slow up the lines. When i have soomewhere I want to go, I hate that I am delayed by hoards of photograpers and people that NEED a picture of themselves at every opportunity. Most of the posted pictures would scare small children and pets!

:p

Like the others posted, just walk past the line, there is no need for you or anyone to wait in line if not having your photo taken. I never noticed a traffic jam around the photographers, a back up of three or four people, yes, but never hoards of photographers or people. Relax, let them enjoy their vacation and you go on ahead and enjoy yours too. Now if the photographers throw a hammer lock on you and force you to stand in line and have your pic taken, that is an entirely different matter. ;)

Annieeee

I like the formal portraits they do and spent a ton of $ on them but honestly some of the pictures they do were kind of silly. On the first day they had a pirate stationed outside the dining room and they took a picture with him holding a sword to your throat. I sometimes wonder who thinks up these things :confused:

Man where do you find the Pirates? I would love one but have never seen one around let alone one with someone to take my pic. By my name you can tell I am a scrapbooker. I LOVE all and usually buy everyone of the ones they take of us. And when I see some that I didn't get mine taken for I am upset and wonder where were they, I didn't see them. I know I have a $ tatooed on my head. They see $ when we walk in. I wish Princess took more "causel" photos like Royal Caribbean does. We have some really good & fun ones that were from causel night. :D

The port photos start the section in my scrapbboks for that port. I even have the dh trained to get his if we aren't together. If they do several different ones at the port we will try to do them all and then pick our favorite one. I love photos!!! The live long after everything else does. :p

KanasScrapper.

I guess that us scrapbookers are all alike we too like the photos as I stated on the post on here. The Pirate photos are usually taken at dinner and they come around to each table this has been done on every Royal Caribbean ship we have been on, and I think I have one from our Carvinal cruise too. One of our favorite photos of us is a Black and White that was done on a ship that is just a head and shoulder shot and a white background, it does not look like it was taken on a cruise ship at all.

Archived