[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:22 AM.
Coastal South Carolina
2,602 Posts
Joined May 2006
Thanks, Laura!

If anyone has the roll-out schedule, that'd be great!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CPB in SC

Carnival 35+; RCCL 7; Celebrity 7; Chandris 3; Premier 3; NCL 6; Regal Empress 5; HAL 12;
Princess 2; Crown Cruise Lines 1; European River cruise 8; Regent Rainbow 1;

UPCOMING:
River Splendor 11/20/16 - 15 nt Majestic Rivers of Europe
Adonia 1/8/17 - 7 nts to Cuba

Chicago
17 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
"All American Barbecue"? Where is the BBQ Chicken, Ribs, Pulled Pork & Beef Brisket?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob & Donna

NCL - Caribbean 1968
NCL - Caribbean 1972
Disney - Caribbean 1987
Carnival - Caribbean 1994
Carnival - Caribbean 1997
Carnival Victory - Caribbean 2015
Holland America Westerdam - Alaska 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
815 Posts
Joined May 2005
Love a good burger and this sounds delish. I can only hope the Oosterdam has the Dive-In up and running come June 15th!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life Is Good!!
Debbie

. . . and it all started with a teeny-tiny inside cabin on the SS Azure Seas . . .
NYC
489 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Lockport Bob
"All American Barbecue"? Where is the BBQ Chicken, Ribs, Pulled Pork & Beef Brisket?
THANK YOU!!

I love burgers and hot dogs, but cooking them out on a grill is NOT a barbeque. It is a cook-out.
Pearl City, Hawaii
3,588 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
That chicken sandwich sounds amazing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Christmas 2006 HAL Noordam's First Christmas February 2009 HAL Noordam "Voyage of the Good Nuts"
August 2014 HAL Amsterdam 14 Day Alaska Explorer

Sparks, NV
257 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
I enjoyed the Cannonball on the Westerdam last week. Default is well done but the posted menu has been edited and states you can ask for another degree of doneness. Liked the *pager* system so you don't have to stand there waiting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
July 38 day VotV Rotterdam; Oct Azamara Quest Athens to Dubai 18 day; Nov 14 nt Med Passage, Crown Princess; Dec 18 day Premiere Voyage & Bahamas Collector, Nieuw Statendam & 2019: Feb 7 nt W Carib, Nieuw S'dam, Feb 9 nt Cuba Intensive, Azamara Journey; Mar 28 nt HI, Tahiti,, Marquesas, Edam; June 42 day Maasdam; Sep 11 day Zdam NE & Canada & 2020 HAL World Cruise
Cruise History:
June 2004 ms Statendam, AK Glacier Bay, 11 day
Mar 2009 Pride of America, HI Inter-Island, 7 day; Sep 2009 NCL Sun, Endicott Arm from Vancouver to SF, 7 day
May 2011 Amsterdam, AK Explorer, 14 day
Mar 2013 Zaandam, Circle HI, 14 day; Aug 2013 Westerdam, AK Explorer, 7 day
Mar 2014 Oosterdam, Pacific Treasures, 14 day; Apr Westerdam, Pacific Coastal, 3 day; Sep Maasdam, NE/Canada, 7 day; Nov Zuiderdam, Panama Sunfarer, 10 day
Jan 2015 Star Princess, Mexican Riviera, 10 day; Feb Veendam, Panama Canal, 14 day; Mar Island Princess, Venetian Passage, 17 nt; April NCL Dawn, Beads to Beantown, 12 nt; June Eurodam, Fjords/Highlands, Baltic Adventure, 24 day; Sep Noordam, SP Crossing, 11 day; Oct NCL Escape, Maiden TA, 10 day; Nov Eurodam, W/E Caribbean, 14 day; Dec Grand Princess, Mexican Riviera, 10 day
Feb 2016 Carnival Glory, Exotic Western Caribbean, 7 nt; Feb NCL Escape, Eastern Caribbean, 7 nt; April Westerdam, Circle HI, Tahiti, Marquesas, 30 day; Sept Prinsendam, 14 day Bourgundian Explorer; Sept 16 Azamara Journey, 7 nt Tuscany/Italian Riviera; Sep Koningsdam, 24 Nt Med Treasures, 16-Day Passage to America; Nov Grand Princess 15 Night HI flew HNL-OAK
Jan 2017 Zaandam, 21 day SA&Antarctica; Mar Noordam 29-day AUS, NZ, SP; Jun K'dam 14 nt Voyage of the Midnight Sun; Sep Noordam 23 Day SP Crossing from SF!
Jan 2018 Azamara Quest Costa Rica to Baja, 14 day; Feb O'dam 7 day Mexican Riviera; March 21 day SoCarib K'dam; April 29 day Japan, SK, & N Pac Crossing Volendam; June 7 nt Ruby Princess AK Inside Passage with Glacier Bay; 7 nt NCL Bliss AK Highlights
553 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
with this new system the way they have it set up you place your order then wait and wait and wait and wait.. at least with the old system there was a line you could see how many people were in front of you...and you knew how long it would be.. now it could be way too long.. at least for me.. my take... it stinx.. maybe HAL should do their homework before starting something like this..gimme back my old burger..pizza..taco grill ..it was way better
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
.......... ..............
HAL 72 cruises

Gettysburg, PA
2,210 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Looking forward to Reports on that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising, Buil, http://cruiseclues.com Our Personal Cruise Website
Sitmar, RCCL, Costa, HAL, Princess, Royal Cruise Line, Celebrity, Renaissance, Disney, MSC, Carnival, Carnival Glory Feb 17, 2013, Carnival Breeze Feb 24, 2013, Grandeur of the Seas Oct 25, 2013, Upcoming Caribbean Princess Nov 10, 2014 & MSC Divina Jan 24, 2015
"We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails"
Cruising is the Best Vacation!
Wisconsin
2,800 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Stakeout
with this new system the way they have it set up you place your order then wait and wait and wait and wait.. at least with the old system there was a line you could see how many people were in front of you...and you knew how long it would be.. now it could be way too long.. at least for me.. my take... it stinx.. maybe HAL should do their homework before starting something like this..gimme back my old burger..pizza..taco grill ..it was way better
I think HAL did their homework. The old burger doesn't even compare to the new burgers. Not the dried out burger on a hamburger bun any more. The Cannonball features Gouda cheese on a toasted brioche bun.

We had about ten in front of us and our pager went off in about 9-10 minutes. HAL certainly DID do their homework. I saw no one at the taco bar the times I was there. I usually frequent that venue, but not with the Dive being a few feet away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Washington, DC
386 Posts
Joined May 2000
They had this on board the Nieuw Amsterdam a few weeks ago. It really served a fantastic burger comparable to one you'd get at a true burger shack on land. Really enjoyed it.
Ontario, Canada
3,913 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Lockport Bob
Beef brisket must be an 'American' thing, as I've never heard of it!
Ontario, Canada
3,913 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Stakeout
I don't think that 'Dive-In' will work for me! I'd rather have a more efficient service for lunch & therefor will continue to have a (healthier) lunch in the Lido!
Northern Jersey
792 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I had this on the Noordam, soaked in the hot tub while I waited for the page to go off. I think the pager is a good system.

I liked the burger, but I didn't like the hot dog. Maybe I'm too spoiled by NY Kosher hot dogs.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 7-18,2014 HAL Noordam/Mediterranean
May 22-31, 2012 NCL Sun/Baltic
Oct 9-15, 2010 Carnival Fantasy/Charleston
June 7-14, 2009 HAL Veendam/Seward
Dec 8-13, 2008 Carnival Fantasy/NOLA
May 17-24, 2008 HAL Oosterdam/Seattle
Pearl City, Hawaii
3,588 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by GeriatricNurse
Beef brisket must be an 'American' thing, as I've never heard of it!
It's sooooo good!! Smoked meat. Yum.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Christmas 2006 HAL Noordam's First Christmas February 2009 HAL Noordam "Voyage of the Good Nuts"
August 2014 HAL Amsterdam 14 Day Alaska Explorer

Coastal South Carolina
2,602 Posts
Joined May 2006
IMO, the burgers are better than they were pre-Dive In. BUT the system needs tweaking. On our day in Kodiak, we returned to the ship around 2:30PM after the Lido had closed for lunch. Dive In was the only game in town, except Room Service. We waited 40 minutes for a hot dog. An elderly couple next to us waited nearly 50 minutes for their two hot dogs .... the gentleman was so hungry he began shaking.

We discussed this with the Neptune Concierge and were approached by the Lido/Canaletto Manager, who was interested and apologetic. We haven't been back so it remains to be seen if improvement has been made.

My two cents is that on port days when Dive In is the only late lunch option, HAL needs to ramp up the service.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CPB in SC

Carnival 35+; RCCL 7; Celebrity 7; Chandris 3; Premier 3; NCL 6; Regal Empress 5; HAL 12;
Princess 2; Crown Cruise Lines 1; European River cruise 8; Regent Rainbow 1;

UPCOMING:
River Splendor 11/20/16 - 15 nt Majestic Rivers of Europe
Adonia 1/8/17 - 7 nts to Cuba

549 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Dive-In is on the Volendam and was working great.

I got the Chicken sandwich, and it *was* really good.

The fries, however, tasted frozen. The "dive-in" sauce was sort of like a glue type substance.
Greater Vancouver
4,935 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by AlohaPride
It's sooooo good!! Smoked meat. Yum.
Not all beef brisket is smoked in Canada. It is widely used in Asian cooking in Vancouver and is really slowly braised beef brisket not smoked meat as you would find in Montreal and Toronto.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America - 30
Royal Cruise Line - 3
Royal Viking - 1
Princess - 1
NCL - 1