Vancouver Transportation from Port (Canada Place)

Gigi1977

I need a recommendation on best way from Canada Place to Airport in Vancouver. We plan on taking a cab. Are there plenty like in Seattle? Do they accept American Dollars? Or Credit Card?? I've noticed there is a train but just can't imagine doing that with luggage. (We don't travel light.) :). Help please from those who have done this! We have prearranged travel to the ship prior to the cruise

I need a recommendation on best way from Canada Place to Airport in Vancouver. We plan on taking a cab. Are there plenty like in Seattle? Do they accept American Dollars? Or Credit Card?? I've noticed there is a train but just can't imagine doing that with luggage. (We don't travel light.) :). Help please from those who have done this! We have prearranged travel to the ship prior to the cruise

Try posting your question at the Pacific Northwest section of Cruise Critic here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Jonathan

There is a shuttle to vancouver International (YVR) for about $15 per person. Link to there site attached. You can pre book online or buy at the pier . The shuttles leave as they are filled up.

http://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/schedule.html

Edited by Kamloops50

Taxi services will take a credit card but you will be hit with a foreign transaction fee if you do not have a card with the FTF waiver. Many will take the US $ but will adjust for the conversion rate. Do ask before you hop in the cab. The cabs will be plentiful.

It starts a couple blocks from Canada Place and (getting on the correct colored line) will take you right to YVR. Hubby and I did just that in 2011.

It's only a few bucks/person and it's awesome because it's like an above ground subway that allows you to see most of the city as you're transferring.