Embarkation question

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:47 AM.
600 Posts
Joined May 2005
Today I received my documents for our upcoming Castles on The Rhine cruise. Really getting excited! We will be staying three days pre cruise in Amsterdam. Our check out time at our Hotel is 12 noon. I think we can board our ship about 1 'o'clock. Is that correct? The ship is # SS Antoinette.
1,394 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
You can board the ship at any time that day; however, the cabins will not be cleaned and ready until about 1:00, as I recall.

We have taken a couple of cruises out of Amsterdam and the dock is very close to the central train station. We usually drop off our bags at the ship and head back into town.

Have a great time. It is a super cruise.
1,394 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Make sure to bring a good camera. The photos you will get while cruising the Rhine are unbelievable. It is one castle after another.

A CC person recommended that I take a good, small pair of binoculars with me. It was a great idea. Unfortunately I did not get to use them much. Everyone on deck was borrowing them.
600 Posts
Joined May 2005
This trip I was going to just take my IPad to take pictures also my Samsung Galaxy phone takes great pictures. Last year I had my Olympus small point and shoot . I belong to groove book and I was just going to download and make a few books.. Unfortunately once we get home we are the only ones that are interested in out photos..
Knoxville, TN
632 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
When is your cruise on the SS Antoinette? My wife and I are on the cruise for July 13-20. We are also doing the pre cruise package in Amsterdam. I haven't receive my package yet. I spoke with my TA earlier in the week and she said any time.