Sea Conditions in October?

amyoscar

My husband and I are condsidering our first SD cruise. We were thinking about the Oct 21-28, 2006 trip from Athens to Naples. I am a bit concerned about traveling so late in the fall. Does anyone have any experience with the Agean/Med during that time of year? I was also wondering if someone could speak to the "kid issue" at that time of year. Am I correct in assuming that there shouldn't be too many considering the time of year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You really picked the best time to try and avoid children as most are in school then, seas in teh med are less predictable than the summer but I would not let that prevent me if the time works well for you, we have had some of our smoother sailings in the fall

Thanks Carlylecat,

After reading about your experience on that cruise in March I knew that we wanted a cruise where the possibility of children was less likely. When I booked with Sea Dream (we don't have a TA that we work with so I just called them directly) I mentioned your posting. He siad that the group on board at that time was the owner's family and that it was very unusual for that to happen. We shall see. Hopefully the owner's family won't take a hankering to see Greece and Italy in Oct 06. Thanks again.

Amyoscar

Frequent Traveler,

Thanks!! I read the thread and was very concerned about sharing my vacation with lots of children. However, we are very interested in the itinerary of Athens to Naples and the timing is such we felt that it would be less likely (though, of course, not impossible) that there would be enough kids on board to make it a problem. We have our fingers crossed.

amyoscar

I totally agree with you on your assessment of risk of children on board. I wish we had the luxury of picking off peak times, but my hubbie is a teacher so unfortunately his vacation times are only when the hoodlums are let loose.Our first trip on SDI was without childrend and it was the most pampered, special vacatation we have ever taken (and it was a work event!!!) :)

We'll be very interested in your review of the ports as we are planning a trip to Greece in 2007 to celebrate graduations.

FT

Hi Frequent Traveler,

Yes, we are incredibly lucky that we can (and usually do) travel in off peak seasons. I can't tell you how excited I am. Do you have any suggestions for when I should post on roll call to see if any other CC people will be on the same cruise? Thanks - I will definately post a review of the ports and the ship.

Sure

I was trying to answer your question as to how soon you should post to find other people on this board who may be joining you on the cruise you are taking

I was relating my experience that I met two other couples on the board about one month before we sailed

I also was trying to say that those people have continued to post and stay in touch through this board even though our cruise has been completed

Hi,

I appreciate the clarification. I didn't quite get the meaning of "they have not left" but I now understand you mean the CC Boards. Its a wonderful place to set up conversations and I intend to keep at it.

Thanks again,

amyoscar

Archived