Silver Spirits Beverage Package

TERRIER1

We are booked and paid for 2015. This is the first time I am hearing of this package. Can anyone tell me how much it costs and what it includes? I know that beer and wine are included in lunch and dinner. Is complimentary beer and wine included at other times during the day? Does anyone know how much a beer and glasses of wine cost in the lounges? Thanks.

Edited by TERRIER1

The Viking Oceans website mentions the Silver Spirits package but does not provide details -- saying to ask about it when you make a reservation. All passengers receive wine and soda with meals and "specialty coffee and tea". I am not sure about bottled water, either - especially for tours.

According to Viking River Cruises it provides unlimited premium wine, beer and espresso drinks, mineral water, cocktails and sparkling wine. On the CC River Cruises forum, someone posted that it's $30 per person per day, but that you can easily purchase spirits on shore to consume in your stateroom.

Don't really know if the policy will be the same on Oceans as on Rivers. :confused:

Edited by loum140
info

This is purely speculation on my part, but I would think it would be similar to the package they offer on the river cruises. Included is free flowing wine and beer with dinner, but if you want it other times, you have to pay. Coffee and tea are available 24/7 at the coffee station. We just completed two river cruises this spring with Viking and bottled water was in the cabins and if you needed extra, all I had to do was ask at the front desk. When we exited the ship for excursions, there was a huge basket of bottled water and you could take as much as you wanted. Since Viking says they are bringing their river cruise distinction and first class service from river cruising to the ocean, I would imagine the policy would be the same. They were also always open to us bringing our own stuff (wine in our case) on board -- it would mean you'd consume less of theirs at dinner.