Question about Seadream Cabins

adelle

I noticed in a different thread that someone mentioned being switched to a cabin that was one that could be converted to a larger cabin. If one is booked in a "convertible" cabin which is not converted to a larger cabin, is that cabin less desirable than a cabin of same size that is not "convertible". I think I read a comment about the cabin having a lower bed - good or bad? Any other differences? If that type cabin is not a good choice and there is a noticeable difference, I want to change cabin assignments before it is too late.

Thanks for your help - Adelle

We stayed in a "convertible" cabin. It was missing a light where the "retractable" door is so it was slightly darker than the non convertible. We also could hear our neighbor's blow dryer etc. Not sure if this was because it was convertible or not.

I hope this helps.

Adelle I think you might be recalling the comment that I made about the convertibles. We were in a non-convertible room and asked to see another room because we were sandwiched between staterooms with a toddler and an infant...

Anyway, the convertible room's bed was lower to the floor which meant that there was no storage under the bed for luggage. The bed was move-able for the conversion and it just did not look as appealing to us in terms of it just sitting on four wooden blocks.

We could hear the baby crying in our non-convertible room but other than that we hardly head anything.

When we booked our upcoming trip we made sure it wasn't a convertible. I am a very light sleeper so I try to minimize the chance of noise when I can.

Thank you for the input. I will try to change to a non-convertible cabin. I booked over a year ago and could have had about any one I wanted. Wish I had known about the difference. Hope seadream has some non-convertible ones left.

Adelle

Please do not fret too much if you end up in one, the only challenge was as jen mentioned the stowage and they placed our luggage elsewhere ofr us and retrived in in literally as fast as I could have removed teh bed panel and drag it out from under the bed.

Noise is more due to your neighbor than the cabin, we never heard our neighbors but our firnd in a non-convert on upper deck heard theirs all week

Archived