2006 Cozumel West Carb GONE

cheezwhiz

Yeah, that was a nice one (rickcohen2 are you out there...?). The crew aboard the Windsurf this Spring said they would not be sailing that itinerary in '06 in an effort to keep the offerings fresh. If they offer it again I heartily recommend getting aboard. We had a balst...

Indeed, that WAS a nice one.

I hadn't seen it was off the schedule. The Surf was full the week we sailed (Holy Week 2005), so I'm sure they'll bring it back. Great ports and a few good excusions.

The only problem I had on this our first sailing on the Surf, had to do with the dive staff. It seems the dive people are independant of the excusion staff (a big mistake). Nobody aboard knows about dive scheduling. When my wife thought we were running hours late and went to find-out what our ETA should be, nobody knew. I had figured 4-hours for a 2-tank dive (and it should have been). Since we had been passed-off to a 3rd-party local dive shop, and they needed to pick-up additional equipment at their shop, it took 7-hours.

The diving itself was wonderful, as were the local divemasters. The snarl when I got back to my cabin was not. I think, as does the snarler, the boat excusion staff should be in radio contact with the dive staff, as they were on both the WindStar and the WindSong (may she RIP). In this case, we didn't even have anybody from the boat's staff with us, something which made me extremely nervous as soon as I realized it. [all this was written on my Comment Card at the end of our cruise.]

Back on topic: great trip!

Archived