Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:40 AM.
Pennsylvania
4 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Hello I am trying to decide between a Silverseas Expedition cruise to the Svelbald in Mid June 2015 and One Ocean Akademik Ioffe cruise entitled Artic Circle in focus mid August 2015. We are interested primarily in wildlife spotting and time on excursions. The Artic Circle in focus is a photography driven tour (we selected it for location of the ship and the date) which goes from Northern Canada to the East coast of Greenland.

However, I do like to be warm on return to the ship, eat well and have my own bathroom. I will be traveling with my preteen daughter.

I am having trouble getting feedback on the Artic cruises. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
California
358 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
I agree, there are few postings here discussing Arctic trips. Here is a link, http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2011/06/arctic-redux.html, to a blog entry sharing information on a Silversea 2011 trip to the Arctic region. You might message the Erin, the blogger, for additional information.

My wife and I will be taking an Arctic trip around Svalbard in June 2016. We're using Quark Expeditions as we had a good experience with this company in Antarctica. Plus, we are familiar with the ship used on this Arctic journey. Our focus in selecting this particular itinerary was to maximize landing/hiking/photo opportunities and avoid a great deal of time spent on transiting large bodies of water.

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blog: http://travelscrivener.blogspot.com

Future and Past Cruises
2018: Fire, Ice and Arctic Circle, Princess
2017: Rhine River, AMA Waterways, Falklands and South Georgia, Poseidon Expeditions
2016: Myanmar, AMA Waterways; Spitzbergen, Norway Quark Expeditions; Canadian Provinces, Princess
2015: Antarctica, Quark Expeditions; Transatlantic, Princess; Transatlantic, Cunard; Pacific Coastal, Princess
2014: Pacific Coastal, Princess; West Coast Getaway, Princess, Hawaii, Princess
2013: Eastern Mediterranean, Celebrity; Australia/New Zealand, Princess
2012: Quebec/NY, Princess
2011: Vietnam and Cambodia, AMA Waterways; Danube River, Viking
2010: Panama Canal, Princess; China, Viking
2009: Baltics, Princess
2008: Pacific Coastal x2, Princess
2007: Pacific Coastal, Princess; Mexico, Princess
2005: Alaska, RCCL
2000: Mediterranean, Princess
1999: Caribbean, RCCL