Formal Nights on Allure Western Mediterranean

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1,805 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
We are also on the Allure doing the Med in October. I'm not sure which nights will be formal since some passengers will be embarking in Barcelona and some in Rome. I have a feeling the standard formal nights may be different on this itinerary. If someone knows I'd appreciate this information, as well.
Netherlands
64 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Originally posted by Lady Arwen
We are also on the Allure doing the Med in October. I'm not sure which nights will be formal since some passengers will be embarking in Barcelona and some in Rome. I have a feeling the standard formal nights may be different on this itinerary. If someone knows I'd appreciate this information, as well.
This is guess work from my part but Rome is considered an Interport Sailing while the cruise dates from Barcelona are considered Masterport.
All things are scheduled in line with the masterport sailing so I would assume the formal dinners will be the same.

So for ajdude's reservation I expect their first formal night to be 13th June and 15th.

Again. This is speculation that they keep formal nights as according to the schedule from their Master voyage from Barcelona.

And a general tip for people sailing on Allure from Rome. Things in Cruise planner and online check in will have their cutoff days counting from the Barcelona sailing before your arrival. Make sure you do online check in and any extra orders well in advance.

"Cruise Planner products and services are normally available online up to 4 days prior to the sail date.
For interporting guests, the booking window will remain at 4 days prior to the master sail date. So the actual cut off date for an interporting guest will vary depending on their embarkation date as compared to the master sailing embarkation date. "
Vancouver, BC, Canada
157 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
I am looking forward to hearing if there are formal nights on October 2015 cruise.
I contacted RC but no reply. Looking at the itinerary I thought maybe they will not happen. I have booked my time dining so far. I and my husband are travelling from Canada, so packing a lot is a challenge.
australia
1,358 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by MadOnion
The standard form for a 7 night cruise is day 2 and day 6 of the cruise.

There is a section about it under What to pack

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/before.../whatToPack.do

Thanks for that info makes planning easier.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wendy and David, Australia
P&O - Pacific Islands 1996
NCL - Whitsundays and PNG 1997
Car
nival Spirit - Alaska to Anchorage 2004
Viking Pakhamov - Moscow to St Petersburg river cruise 2006
Celebrity Summit - Miami to LA via Panama Canal 2007
NCL Norwegian Jade - Western Med, Athens to Istanbul 2008
Celebrity Constellation Autumn leaves NYC to Quebec 2009
Celebrity Eclipse - Eastern Mediterranean 2010
Hurtigruten, Polarlys - Bergen to Bergen 2011
Azamara Quest - Singapore to Shanghai 2012

Celebrity Equinox - TA, Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona April 2013
Azamara Journey - Hong Kong to Singapore, Dec 2013
Arcadia - Sydney to Southampton, Feb 2014
Celebrity Solstice - Waikiki to Sydney, Oct 2014
Celebrity Solstice - Sydney to Pacific Is and Fiji March 2015
Azamara Journey - Venice to Venice, June 2015
Celebrity Eclipse - Scandinavia and Russia, July 2015
Hurtigruten Fram -Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands Feb/Mar 2016
Radiance of the Seas - Bravo Performing Arts Cruise October 2016
Emerald Princess - Sydney to New Zealand return November 2016

Celebrity Infinity - South America and Rio Carnival, Feb 2017
Celebrity Infinity - Argentina and Chile March 2017
Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Miami Mar/April 2017
Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean April 2017

Reef Endeavour - 7n Yasawa Islands Cruise FIJI, Oct 2017
Upcoming Cruises
AMAKristina Tulip Time, April, 2018
Azamara Quest Rome to Barcelona, May 2018

Reef Endeavour - 7n Colonial Discovery Cruise, FIJI Oct 2018
Azamara Quest - Singapore to Fremantle Dec 2018
Celebrity Constellation - Singapore to Abu Dhabi Feb, 2019
Paul Gaugin - Marquesas, Tuamotus and Society Islands, April, 2019
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
95 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by MadOnion
This is guess work from my part but Rome is considered an Interport Sailing while the cruise dates from Barcelona are considered Masterport.
All things are scheduled in line with the masterport sailing so I would assume the formal dinners will be the same.

So for ajdude's reservation I expect their first formal night to be 13th June and 15th.

Again. This is speculation that they keep formal nights as according to the schedule from their Master voyage from Barcelona.

And a general tip for people sailing on Allure from Rome. Things in Cruise planner and online check in will have their cutoff days counting from the Barcelona sailing before your arrival. Make sure you do online check in and any extra orders well in advance.

"Cruise Planner products and services are normally available online up to 4 days prior to the sail date.
For interporting guests, the booking window will remain at 4 days prior to the master sail date. So the actual cut off date for an interporting guest will vary depending on their embarkation date as compared to the master sailing embarkation date. "

Appreciate this is guesswork on your behalf, but I am confused. We sail From Italy on 30 July, so can you tell me which dates you think will be our formal nights please (or anybody who has a better maths brain than me).

Thanks in advance
Parramatta
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Netherlands
64 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Originally posted by Parramatta
Appreciate this is guesswork on your behalf, but I am confused. We sail From Italy on 30 July, so can you tell me which dates you think will be our formal nights please (or anybody who has a better maths brain than me).

Thanks in advance
Parramatta
31 July - Naples
03 august - Palma de mallorca

For other people sailing from Rome, I would expect it to be on the day the ship is in Naples and Palma de Mallorca.