$12 Drinks? No thanks!

Dartmouth NS
5,589 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by American Bear
Celebrity threads state their top drink pkge. is now $65..
(shipcruise.org has RCL top drink pkge ultimate at $65..

Next, expect Diamond freebies to go away!
After Diamond freebies expect Diamond Plus freebies to go away!
After Diamond Plus expect Pinnacle freebies to go away!

Quite possible.
Dartmouth NS
5,589 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by grandgeezer
That could be said about just about anyone who has earned any status with any particular cruise line. Will the last one left, please turn out the lights.

So Sad. But very true. Well Stated.
Dartmouth NS
5,589 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by babyher
*LOL*

To paraphrase an old George Burns line. "If I paid $40 for a drink, I would have to sleep with it first "

If that was for extra's. ( free ice cubes and glass with an umbrella) I am sure RCCL would tax it a lot higher than the 18%.
South Lancs, England
944 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by dcgrumpy
Originally posted by icsys
There's really no need to pay such high prices, unless of course you want to.

F&B NYC
Cocktails $5.95 to $6.95 ($3.50 during happy hour)
I'm confused. The previous poster is in NYC. Frankie and Benny's NYC is a UK chain. There aren't any in the US.
Not as confused as me, apparently.

I always get mixed up between F&B and TGI'Fs which IS in NYC.
I recall very reasonable drinks in there when we visited not too long ago.

TGIF menu

Apologies for the confusion
Seattle
254 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by Paul65

We asked the bartender to just pick something for us, but not too sweet. She made my wife the Lady Marmalade and a cucumber martini for me. I'm not a big cucumber fan, so wasn't expecting to like it, but it was actually pretty good (though a little on the sweet side). If I remember correctly, it had muddled cucumber along with Hendricks gin, St. Germain liqueur and a little lemon juice + simple syrup. I wasn't that familiar with St. Germain and thought it might make the drink too flowery, but overall it had more earthy and herbal tones from the gin and cucumber than floral.
Just off the Serenade myself and I fell in love with the watermelon/cucumber infusion Marina used to make that martini!

Agree with you that the R Bar was using some nice quality ingredients and making some unusual and tasty cocktails.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Radiance of the Seas Alaska B2B- Aug 2017
Grandeur of the Seas New England - Sept 2016
Serenade of the Seas New Orleans to Boston - Apr 2015
Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska - Aug 2009
Rhapsody of the Seas Hawaii to Vancouver - Apr/May 2009
Monarch of the Seas Baha Weekend - Jan 2008
Celebrity Mercury Pacific Northwest - Sept 2007
Norwegian Spirit New England - Sept 2007
Brilliance of the Seas Miami to Barcelona Transatlantic - Apr 2005
Vision of the Seas Mexican Riviera - Feb 2002
Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean - Feb 1999
Carnival Holiday Baha Weekend - Feb 1998
Ohio
5,143 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
FYI

Just off the brilliance. Second cruise in six weeks and again we drank very very little. Just to high of prices.

But I do have one tip. Make sure you ask what the drink of the day is. Its still $7.75, which makes it over $9 with the tip. But cheaper than just ordering anything.

And we found in two different bars on two different days, if you didn't like the drink of the day, and just kinda hesitated and asked the bartender if that is the only one you can get. They would basically make you any simple drink for that price. One day I had a coconut rum, grenadine, and sprite mixture. Another day I had a mojito instead of the rum punch.

It really seems like the bartenders are starting to realize that people aren't paying the prices. So they seem to be very accommodating.

Just my two cents!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Got my toes in the water, my in the sand, Not a worry in the world, a pina colada in my hand. Life is good today, life is good today.

Montreal / Stowe
4,811 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by waterbugohio
FYI

Just off the brilliance. Second cruise in six weeks and again we drank very very little. Just to high of prices.

But I do have one tip. Make sure you ask what the drink of the day is. Its still $7.75, which makes it over $9 with the tip. But cheaper than just ordering anything.
Good tip although amusing to think that $9 + for the DoD is a deal .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
sailed
Carnival Pride -January/2011 Bahamas RCL Mariner -July/2011 E Mediterranean
Carnival Fascination -January/2012 BahamasCelebrity Summit -March/2013 S Caribbean
Carnival Glory -July/2013 Canada/New EnglandCelebrity Constellation -March/2014 Caribbean
Princess Regal -March/2015 CaribbeanHAL Veendam -July/2015 Canada/New England
NCL Epic -July/2016 MediterraneanHAL Veendam -July/2017 Bermuda
upcoming
NCL Getaway - March/2019 W Caribbean
Birdsboro, PA
118 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Goodtime Cruizin
I just had a buddy post on his FB wall that a drink at the Mirage/Vegas, poolside was $40. Wowza! Not sure of the details yet but I can't to hear his explanation on this one. If I had to pay $40 for a drink, I'd be one sober son of a gun!
Don't give Royal any bright ideas! I imagine they would love to charge $40 for a drink!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1984 Windjammer Fantome
1989 Windjammer Flying Cloud
2000 Disney Wonder
2003 RCCL Radiance
2005 Celebrity Horizon
2007 RCCL Enchantment
2009 RCCL Freedom
2012 RCCL Enchantment
2013 RCCL Jewel
2013 RCCL Brilliance
2014 RCCL Navigator
2014 RCCL Grandeur
2015 RCCL Independence
2015 RCCL Oasis
2015 Celebrity Silhouette
2016 Celebrity Summit
2017 RCCL Jewel
Fort Collins, Colorado
2,680 Posts
Joined May 2009
Just off of Freedom this morning. I can tell you that on CocoCay, 2 CocoLocos ran $28.32 including the auto tip (about $4 of that amount was tip) for the bartender to scoop some slush out of a cooler and float some Cruzan on top. Those were the only alcoholic drinks we purchased all week. We did however, book a future cruise at the NextCruise deal. Decent pricing on the cruise itself, including gratuities, for 3 pax in a Cat F OV on the upcoming 8 day Freedom itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale for $2622 with an automatic $100 OBC. Anyway, as part of the promo, they were offering BOGO50 Premium package at $456 for first pax and & $228 for second pax. We don't drink much, so can't see ourselves spending nearly $700 on alcohol. IMHO, that $700 is better spent on other things.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Liberty of the Seas- August 19, 2018
Freedom of the Seas - April 19, 2015
Carnival Legend - January 4, 2006
Carnival Imagination - August 2004
Ocean Princess - March 2002
Carnival Fantasy - May 1998
Carnival Carnivale - March 1983
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
24,533 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by A2Mich
Just off of Freedom this morning. I can tell you that on CocoCay, 2 CocoLocos ran $28.32 including the auto tip (about $4 of that amount was tip) for the bartender to scoop some slush out of a cooler and float some Cruzan on top. Those were the only alcoholic drinks we purchased all week. We did however, book a future cruise at the NextCruise deal. Decent pricing on the cruise itself, including gratuities, for 3 pax in a Cat F OV on the upcoming 8 day Freedom itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale for $2622 with an automatic $100 OBC. Anyway, as part of the promo, they were offering BOGO50 Premium package at $456 for first pax and & $228 for second pax. We don't drink much, so can't see ourselves spending nearly $700 on alcohol. IMHO, that $700 is better spent on other things.
When is Freedom doing 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
24,533 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by waterbugohio
FYI

And we found in two different bars on two different days, if you didn't like the drink of the day, and just kinda hesitated and asked the bartender if that is the only one you can get. They would basically make you any simple drink for that price. One day I had a coconut rum, grenadine, and sprite mixture. Another day I had a mojito instead of the rum punch.

It really seems like the bartenders are starting to realize that people aren't paying the prices. So they seem to be very accommodating.

Just my two cents!!!
That seems to be varying by ship. On Indy it is $10.00 + 18%.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fort Collins, Colorado
2,680 Posts
Joined May 2009
If memory serves me correctly, her last sailing from Port Canaveral is in Nov 2016. We booked for March 2017. She will be doing alternating 6 and 8 day from Fort Lauderdale as new long term assignment. Last sailing from PC is a short 5 day cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Rhode Island, U.S.A.
24,533 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
If memory serves me correctly, her last sailing from Port Canaveral is in Nov 2016. We booked for March 2017. She will be doing alternating 6 and 8 day from Fort Lauderdale as new long term assignment. Last sailing from PC is a short 5 day cruise.
Thanks, I didn't know Freedom was moving to Ft. Lauderdale. I appreciate the info as we really enjoy the 8 nighters that Indy and Navigator have done from Port Everglades.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fort Collins, Colorado
2,680 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by Ocean Boy
Thanks, I didn't know Freedom was moving to Ft. Lauderdale. I appreciate the info as we really enjoy the 8 nighters that Indy and Navigator have done from Port Everglades.

Sure. The 8 nighter is Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, and St Kitts. Believe it's the itinerary that either Indy or Nav are currently running. Sorry, don't recall what the 6 nighter was going to be. Prob the same as Indy/Nav alternate. Glad they are moving Oasis to Port Canaveral, but they are keeping the pricing higher than what Freedom seemed to be. We liked the Freedom, though thought it seemed very crowded at times (had heard there were 4100 pax onboard), and not sure if wanting to try an even larger ship with still more people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sydney, Australia
8,510 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by NikC
I'm the poster of the explorer menus above. Just to clarify, I've never had a gratuity added to the menu price on any of my Southampton (UK) based cruises. The menu price is the price you pay, including gratuity. Not sure if that's a legal thing over here, but it was the same on adventure last year, menu prices were just higher than I'd seen n pictures on here from US based sailings.

Also the premium package has a $14 limit on here
It was the same on our cruise out of Sydney. The prices included the gratuities.

The difference between Premium and Ultimate is that Ultimate is Premium plus Royal Replenish so includes coffees, fresh juice, sodas, premium waters, but as far as the alcoholic drinks are concerned they are identical.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mar 2018 - Diamond Princess - Sydney to Yokohama
Sep 2017 - Royal Princess - Mediterranean
Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
Sydney, Australia
8,510 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by janabelle61
Just off the Serenade myself and I fell in love with the watermelon/cucumber infusion Marina used to make that martini!

Agree with you that the R Bar was using some nice quality ingredients and making some unusual and tasty cocktails.
We liked the Bittersweet Symphony - Tanqueray, sweet vermouth, Aperol, lemon bitter. Great pre-dinner cocktail.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mar 2018 - Diamond Princess - Sydney to Yokohama
Sep 2017 - Royal Princess - Mediterranean
Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
Gulf Coast Florida
1,607 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Sure. The 8 nighter is Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, and St Kitts. Believe it's the itinerary that either Indy or Nav are currently running. Sorry, don't recall what the 6 nighter was going to be. Prob the same as Indy/Nav alternate. Glad they are moving Oasis to Port Canaveral, but they are keeping the pricing higher than what Freedom seemed to be. We liked the Freedom, though thought it seemed very crowded at times (had heard there were 4100 pax onboard), and not sure if wanting to try an even larger ship with still more people.

Freedom 6 niters in Ft Lauderdale are Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Costa Maya.

0ne 7 niter Nov 5 2016 Cayman/George Town, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel.
Fort Collins, Colorado
2,680 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by American Bear
Freedom 6 niters in Ft Lauderdale are Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Costa Maya.

0ne 7 niter Nov 5 2016 Cayman/George Town, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel.

Thanks. Couldn't remember and wasn't sure where the flyer disappeared to
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature