Discount for parking at Port Canaveral

alabama gal

We are driving in a day early for a cruise out of Port Canaveral . I have read about discount coupons for parking at Port Canaveral if you stay in certain hotels. My question is do you have to book straight with hotel or can you use other sites and get the coupon on check out.

We are doing this program when we cruise in July. We called most of the hotels on the list, and they all said we had to book through the hotel and pay the "Park and Cruise Rate". Really, the park and cruise rate wasn't that much more expensive and the 40% voucher saves about $54 off our 8-nights of parking, so it was worth doing. I would've rather booked on discount sites, but according to who we talked to at hotels, they said we had to book that specific rate through them. Staying in Titusville or Melbourne will get you a cheaper rate.

We are doing this program when we cruise in July. We called most of the hotels on the list, and they all said we had to book through the hotel and pay the "Park and Cruise Rate". Really, the park and cruise rate wasn't that much more expensive and the 40% voucher saves about $54 off our 8-nights of parking, so it was worth doing. I would've rather booked on discount sites, but according to who we talked to at hotels, they said we had to book that specific rate through them. Staying in Titusville or Melbourne will get you a cheaper rate.

Staying in Titusville, might get you a cheaper hotel rate, but you're still looking at high parking costs if you park at the terminal ($120 for a 7 day cruise). There are a couple of park n cruise lots nearby with shuttles to the port. One is at www.parkcruise.com the other is at www.go-portcanveral.com/cruise-parking.

Driving 30 minutes further south to Melbourne and having to drive 30 minutes back the next morning is probably a waste of gas and time if you're coming from Alabama. But could make sense for South Florida folks driving up.

Staying in Titusville, might get you a cheaper hotel rate, but you're still looking at high parking costs if you park at the terminal ($120 for a 7 day cruise). There are a couple of park n cruise lots nearby with shuttles to the port. One is at www.parkcruise.com the other is at www.go-portcanveral.com/cruise-parking.

Driving 30 minutes further south to Melbourne and having to drive 30 minutes back the next morning is probably a waste of gas and time if you're coming from Alabama. But could make sense for South Florida folks driving up.

I was answering the question in regards to the Port Canaveral Parking voucher program, that gives you 40% at the port when you stay at a neighborhood hotel. We looked into other parking lots and the voucher program and hotel deal worked best for our family, as we are not big fans of taking the shuttle for parking and the voucher makes the parking $81 for a nine day cruise right at the port. We are staying in Titusville, coming from Texas and the hotel was very reasonable.

I was answering the question in regards to the Port Canaveral Parking voucher program, that gives you 40% at the port when you stay at a neighborhood hotel. We looked into other parking lots and the voucher program and hotel deal worked best for our family, as we are not big fans of taking the shuttle for parking and the voucher makes the parking $81 for a nine day cruise right at the port. We are staying in Titusville, coming from Texas and the hotel was very reasonable.

Being a fellow San Antonion who grew up in Titusville, I would recommend that you go to Dixie Crossroads for lunch or dinner and get the rock shrimp. They are expensive, but taste more like lobster than shrimp. BTW, which hotel did you choose in Titusville?

Being a fellow San Antonion who grew up in Titusville, I would recommend that you go to Dixie Crossroads for lunch or dinner and get the rock shrimp. They are expensive, but taste more like lobster than shrimp. BTW, which hotel did you choose in Titusville?

Sounds good, thank you for the recommendation! We have stayed in Port Canaveral before and parked at one of those places near the port where you take the shuttle, and we did not care for it too much. So, I was glad when we found the voucher program. We booked a room at the Holiday Inn, since the rate was very reasonable and that includes the $54 off the parking at the port. Hopefully it'll be an ok hotel.

Sounds good, thank you for the recommendation! We have stayed in Port Canaveral before and parked at one of those places near the port where you take the shuttle, and we did not care for it too much. So, I was glad when we found the voucher program. We booked a room at the Holiday Inn, since the rate was very reasonable and that includes the $54 off the parking at the port. Hopefully it'll be an ok hotel.

The Holiday Inn is great. We stayed there in April with four in the room and were never crowded, I actually told them that I couldn't believe how big the rooms are. You won't be disappointed.

The Holiday Inn is great. We stayed there in April with four in the room and were never crowded, I actually told them that I couldn't believe how big the rooms are. You won't be disappointed.

Sounds great! We will have 4 in the room as well. I appreciate it! For the price and voucher, you couldn't really beat the rate. I checked other discount sites but this was still a better deal. We are excited! We usually cruise out of Galveston or Fort Lauderdale, but are trying the Carnival Sunshine in July.

Here's a link listing the hotels offering the 40% off coupon to park at the port.

http://www.parkingstay.com/2014/01/port-canaveral-discounted-parking.html

We have stayed a couple of times at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Titusville, it's very nice but not on the beach. Dixie Crossroads is the place to eat when staying in Titusville, it gets very crowded after 5:00 pm.

Edited by loudbmw

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott (next door to the Radisson at the port) and did the Cruise and Park package. It was great! It includes hot breakfast buffet the morning of the cruise and you just show up at the lobby with your bags. The coach arrived to take everyone to the port at one time, and the driver loaded all the luggage. Once we arrived at the port (a whole 2-+3min trip) porters were waiting there to take all the bags. We tipped the driver and porters and walked across into the terminal. Afterwards, we walked across where we were dropped off and there was a private shuttle van waiting to take us back to our car at the hotel. It was super easy and seamless!

Dixie Crossroads is the place to eat when staying in Titusville, it gets very crowded after 5:00 pm.

I'm seeing some recent reports that the "broiled" Rock Shrimp at Dixie Crossroads is pretty bland, more "boiled" than broiled. Also, there's little seasoning in the sides as a general rule. Granted though people from miles around flock here. Can't live on Kim's Donuts and Moonlight's hamburgers all the time:D. Steve's Diner is a nice alternative spot though if you're into diner food.

I'm seeing some recent reports that the "broiled" Rock Shrimp at Dixie Crossroads is pretty bland, more "boiled" than broiled. Also, there's little seasoning in the sides as a general rule. Granted though people from miles around flock here. Steve's Diner is a nice alternative spot though if you're into diner food.

Also, extremely expensive for what you get, in March it was $20 for 2 dozen. However, with that being said, if you have never had them, they are good to try, don't taste like any other shrimp that I have had, and I always complain to everyone about the prices, but usually end up going anyway when I'm there. I agree with Steve's for good diner food and Your Place for a good breakfast.

Here's a link listing the hotels offering the 40% off coupon to park at the port.

http://www.parkingstay.com/2014/01/port-canaveral-discounted-parking.html

We have stayed a couple of times at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Titusville, it's very nice but not on the beach. Dixie Crossroads is the place to eat when staying in Titusville, it gets very crowded after 5:00 pm.

Cindy and Lou, We miss you from FOS last November. Been waiting to see something from one of you to see if you have any upcoming cruises we might run into you on. We will be on FOS August 2,2015. Loved the times we shared on our b2b with both of you. Hope you are both doing well. Jan and Cheryl Minnesota