Snow Grotto

Mpc524

Swim suit ? When I lived in Norway we would spend time in the sauna and then dive in a freezing cold pool just long enough to shrink the pores in your skin. I think the Snow Grotto is for the same purpose. You won't be in there too long!

The snow grotto is a room in the general spa area, so you go in there wearing what you wear in the spa, which is your normal swimming costume. When I was on board earlier this year, the snow had collected on the floor and was a little compacted. You could still scoop it up and rub it on your skin but the floor was a little slippy as some of it has become quite icy.

Neil

I really enjoyed going in the snow grotto after the steam room. I would stay in there until icles started to form on my swimsuit skirt. Then I figured it was time to get out. As many times as I was in there though, it never actually snowed. I agree that flip-flops or something similar is a necessity.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the ship -- I highly recommend wearing a swimsuit, the rubber flip flops you get in the spa plus a towel to sit on.

It only "snows" in the grotto at night and apparently it's quite loud -- just like the snowmakers you find at ski resorts. Also, they thaw the room once every week or so, so it might be closed one day.